I'm actually glad to see a good marketing push although the timing isn't great, it's something. The people on the forums, who kevin kindly referred to as passionate, would probably still continue to bash BlackBerry, John Chen and stubbornly compare the new phone to bb7 or bb10.

We come to the forums for fun and information. It should be a pleasant experience. We're all sick of the stupid people who continue to contribute nothing except worthless, emotional opinions. Kevin may have been diplomatic and referred to these losers as "passionate," but I won't be as nice.

We come to cb as a source of info and support and help. I hate wading through tons of stupid threads to try to find one nugget of wisdom I could use.

We can all take a tip from BlackBerry and John Chen and make some serious changes around here.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-13-17 07:40 PM
    Well, I like prefer the positive vibe that filled the forums back in February, however everyone is entitled to their opinion. That what creates discussion .

Nevertheless, I'm going to continue to keep an open mind, that TCL is not the BlackBerry we have seen in the recent years. I'm not pushing blame on Chen either. He has a job to do, and has been pretty successful given the mess he was left with.

Looking forward to the KEYone release !
    04-13-17 09:01 PM
    I think the news regarding the markets and the events of last week regarding a recent acquisition of 800+ million is also good advertising, and FREE advertising. I'm betting a lot of people don't know the brand is even alive in some form or another.

It's probably not all that easy for a Canadian product to be marketed in the US with so much "protectionism" lately regarding foreign companies and jobs, etc. Not to mention being "washed away" in a sea of other commercials but I am hoping people take into consideration how many American cars/trucks Canadians buy that helps the economy, etc, etc. I am trying to see the long term consequences of the entire picture here.

Marketing the brand is positive and they need to get a little more aggressive on this, hopefully the word will get out about Blackberry one way or another.

But I also realize MOST people don't care and find it easier to laugh away any company that has fell on hard times .....
    04-14-17 02:46 PM
    Also read an interesting article last night off Appy-Geek about how Apple devices are up something like 13% (in the US, mostly among teenagers) while at the same time they cannot explain why Apple is losing BIG in China for the last 2 years or so.

So what is the mood in China for Blackberry? Perhaps this is the huge market that could help the company.
    04-14-17 02:50 PM
    I think the news regarding the markets and the events of last week regarding a recent acquisition of 800+ million is also good advertising, and FREE advertising. I'm betting a lot of people don't know the brand is even alive in some form or another.

It's probably not all that easy for a Canadian product to be marketed in the US with so much "protectionism" lately regarding foreign companies and jobs, etc. Not to mention being "washed away" in a sea of other commercials but I am hoping people take into consideration how many American cars/trucks Canadians buy that helps the economy, etc, etc. I am trying to see the long term consequences of the entire picture here.

Marketing the brand is positive and they need to get a little more aggressive on this, hopefully the word will get out about Blackberry one way or another.

But I also realize MOST people don't care and find it easier to laugh away any company that has fell on hard times .....
    I don't think the "who" matters all that much to the average US consumer.... it's the WHAT (great product) and the PRICE. The price is where the US Government might get involved with "protectionism".... but I taught Canada was family. Besides, how many dollars do you think a China made and sold KEYone is going to bring to Canada now. Sorry but I doubt many know BlackBerry is Canadian, or upon learning about the "new" BlackBerry Mobile, would call these devices Canadian.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-14-17 03:00 PM
    We're all sick of the stupid people who continue to contribute nothing except worthless, emotional opinions
    Kinda sorta like what you're doing with this post? Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 03:05 PM
    Though admittedly too small to draw real conclusions, I have asked more than a dozen people, at least 5 of whom used to carry a Blackberry, where BB is from, and only 1 knew they were Canadian. Most said the US.

Obviously people involved with trade know, but most US consumers probably have no idea that BB is a foreign company. Hell, most consider Canada to be the Northern US.

Very few are avoiding BB for patriotic reasons, I assure you.
    04-14-17 03:23 PM
    I don't think the "who" matters all that much to the average US consumer.... it's the WHAT (great product) and the PRICE. The price is where the US Government might get involved with "protectionism".... but I taught Canada was family. Besides, how many dollars do you think a China made and sold KEYone is going to bring to Canada now. Sorry but I doubt many know BlackBerry is Canadian, or upon learning about the "new" BlackBerry Mobile, would call these devices Canadian.
    Good points.
    04-14-17 03:37 PM
    Though admittedly too small to draw real conclusions, I have asked more than a dozen people, at least 5 of whom used to carry a Blackberry, where BB is from, and only 1 knew they were Canadian. Most said the US.

Obviously people involved with trade know, but most US consumers probably have no idea that BB is a foreign company. Hell, most consider Canada to be the Northern US.

Very few are avoiding BB for patriotic reasons, I assure you.
    I do run into my fair share of "America or nothing" protectionists in Twitter, but as you say who knows how many there are.

On my old Cadillac Bulletin Board I was surprised how many Americans would say "When Cadillac builds a better can then I will buy it!" At the same time many members were scoffed at for driving a Lexus and having the "nerve" to still talk about Cadillacs

So I think you are correct, it's not everyone.
    04-14-17 03:41 PM
    Well, I like prefer the positive vibe that filled the forums back in February, however everyone is entitled to their opinion. That what creates discussion .

Nevertheless, I'm going to continue to keep an open mind, that TCL is not the BlackBerry we have seen in the recent years. I'm not pushing blame on Chen either. He has a job to do, and has been pretty successful given the mess he was left with.

Looking forward to the KEYone release !
    Much agreed!! Let's support #teamblackberry !!! As far as my man jc, I think he's doin great don't mess with the man's flow =)

Posted using a VeryBold BlackBerry Q10
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-14-17 03:56 PM
    We're all sick of the stupid people who continue to contribute nothing except worthless, emotional opinions. Kevin may have been diplomatic and referred to these losers as "passionate," but I won't be as nice.

We come to cb as a source of info and support and help. I hate wading through tons of stupid threads to try to find one nugget of wisdom I could use.

We can all take a tip from BlackBerry and John Chen and make some serious changes around here.
    CrackBerry has always been this way since the doors opened back in 2007. I know, because I was here. If it weren't for people giving different opinions and views this place would be a complete wasteland with a few threads of people talking about how do do this or that with their phone. The spirited discussion of devices and BlackBerry in general is what makes this place unique.
    04-14-17 04:30 PM
    I'm actually glad to see a good marketing push although the timing isn't great, it's something. The people on the forums, who kevin kindly referred to as passionate, would probably still continue to bash BlackBerry, John Chen and stubbornly compare the new phone to bb7 or bb10.

We come to the forums for fun and information. It should be a pleasant experience. We're all sick of the stupid people who continue to contribute nothing except worthless, emotional opinions. Kevin may have been diplomatic and referred to these losers as "passionate," but I won't be as nice.

I hope the tcl marketing agenda comes to Aus, it would be grand for tcl to at least let Australians know the k1 is coming, and not leave it to the various on-line mags to take the running based on limited info, and foreign commentary.

My continuing reason for being a member of cb is for the invaluable info I get. It's also the reason I try and help others, to give back in a small way the massive assistance I've received during my 7 years of membership.

Over the years I've ignored so many threads/posts/posters because the purpose is clearly to aggravate, antagonise, undermine etc, the poster or BlackBerry. That's not robust discourse, it's a determined attempt to disrupt. (I'm human, I've retorted on the very odd occasion given the volume posted, and reported many)

Anyway, on a positive note, BlackBerry's have been my only phone since 2008, and I can't see a time when they won't be my only choice. Simply put, BlackBerry phones suit my needs! 😀

And that means crackberry will continue to be my go to forum, where I can find some wonderfully intelligent wit mixed in with great positive discourse, and informed assistance. 😁
    Last edited by Heavens1; 04-14-17 at 07:37 PM.
    anon(9721108) and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-14-17 05:52 PM