I noticed the speed rating responses and was wondering if Blackberry phones (after 9800) could utilize the class 10 card to its full capacity?

Also was wondering whether the 52 gb micro sdhc card was able to be used in a Blackberry? Most of the owner's manuals indicate a 32 gb maximum, but wanted further information as the additional 20 gb would be an asset.
    08-27-12 01:09 PM
    I have never seen or heard of a 52GB card of any kind (does not mean it does not exist)

KB05461-MicroSD card sizes supported by the BlackBerry device software

MicroSD card sizes supported by the BlackBerry device software

BlackBerry� Device Software 4.2 to 7.0
    MicroSD card
    08-27-12 01:35 PM
    For class size. Most phones don't have more than a class 4 or 6 controller so you'll never get those class 8 or 10 speeds on them. Additionally those newer cards with up o 25MB/s read/write speed, etc. you'll never get that high either.

You can get that on a PC, though. I'd buy the higher one if it's cheaper, anyways, to make sure I'm using the phone hardware at least to its highest potential (getting the fastest read/write speed possible). I see no reason to use 16-32GB SD Cards at class 2 or 4, especially if you keep it quite filled up, since that can limit it's performance. Those cards are formatted to a FAT32 file system, IIRC.
    08-27-12 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD