is there some kind of method or program to make an OTA link (like a theme) and make it a desktop manager download?

wanna give my girl a cool theme she likes but she doesnt have a data plan yet (trust me, its coming.)
    08-11-08 06:13 PM
    I have no experience with installing themes or anything like that, but if you can do it you'll probably find the tools in this post.

I'd say use User Agent Switcher (in that post) and try to see if you can't follow the link yourself and get a .jad file. Then just see if there are any .cod files, download those, and then create a .alx file. All the instructions are there in the post.

Ok, I cannot post links yet so the post is in 3rd party apps and is called "HOWTO: Install apps without BIS"
    08-11-08 07:08 PM
    I've visited to the site from my curve and the only thing on the site is a OTA.

Ill check out what this user agent switcher is and see if it'll work.

Would it hurt much if I throw my sim card in the ol pearl and just use my data plan to download it then switch back?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-08 08:49 PM
    This may be what your looking for...

"Blackberry OTA Downloader"
    Is an exclusive blackberry software list.net download which allows you to download OTA files immediately to your desktop.

http://www.blackberrysoftwarelist.ne...ownloader.aspx
    08-13-08 07:53 AM
    There is also a workaround you can perform, that I think will work... (but do not quote me on this!)

You can open 'Device Switch Wizard' and then perform a 'backup' of your third party apps (there is a guide on this if you are unsure what I am talking about). http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/

Then you will have an .alx file with all of your installed apps. You can edit this so the only one installed is the desired theme or app, or you can delete the other app's .cod files. That should work.
    08-13-08 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD