Is it possible to sync/integrate work's old-school numeric pager into personal BlackBerry devices (BIS 8330 & 9630)?
    Don't want to have to carry pager, if possible to have numeric pages sent to personal BlackBerry.
    08-27-09 04:08 AM
    Like a forwarded kind of situation?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 04:13 AM
    Like a forwarded kind of situation?
    Sure. I'm looking to drop my pager and just carry my blackberry.
    Looking to receive numeric (or alphanumeric) pages delivered to my blackberry.
    08-27-09 04:33 AM
    Off the top of my head I can't think of a way but that doesn't mean there isn't one. There could very well be a app out there that can arrange this I just haven't seen a way to get this done at all! The closest I could say is having your service provider forward your pager number toyour blackberry, but part of me feels like that totally wouldn't work

08-27-09 04:37 AM
    The closest I could say is having your service provider forward your pager number toyour blackberry, but part of me feels like that totally wouldn't work
    Yeah, I don't think it would either, it'd kind of be like having two numbers for the same phone you know? I'd look to see if there's some kind of app for that (sounds like a damn iPhone commercial, sorry).
    08-27-09 07:24 AM
    Just thinking off the top of my head here, but maybe a google voice number would work or something. See if you could get one. Set it up to only ring that number and people could verbally leave their number and whatever other information. Then the voicemail get sent via text and audio to your phone either as a SMS or email....

just an option, not sure if it will work but thought what the ****.. I'll offer my two cents anyways..
    08-27-09 08:06 AM
    The answer really depends on what software/application your company uses to send pages to you. Some s/w can only send to Skytel pagers, for example, while others can send to many different types.

In these systems, when you setup a target pager you pick what company/type of pager it is. It is possible that they could support BB pins, but you won't know till you ask.
    08-27-09 08:16 AM
    It would be interesting to have software that would convert pager data into SMS. That way, it wouldn't matter what phone you had - the SMS would arrive.
    08-27-09 08:47 AM
    People still use pagers?

08-27-09 09:28 AM
    Would most likely require a 3rd Party App. I have changed the title to try to attact more help for you. Remember....

.... to ....(from our Forum Posting Rules)......

Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    08-27-09 09:40 AM
    People still use pagers?

Thats what I was thinking lol......I suppose some people do!

08-27-09 09:48 AM
    I think my office still uses pagers they don't like people to use the intercom. But then again now that I think about it the pager went away when i started rolling out blackberry's to the execs.
    08-27-09 09:57 AM
    I bet those pagers should be put away in the history museums.
    08-27-09 09:59 AM
    People still use pagers?
    Pagers have one advantage oven cellphones (although that advantage is diminishing), in that pager frequencies have much better reach than cellphones, combine that with the limited amount of bandwidth a pager needs to operate and there is a reason that pagers aren't dead yet (although I wouldn't exactly call it a growing segment of the telecom market).
    08-27-09 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD