This may not be an issue to most. But i like the option of editing a contact on-the-fly from the Home screen without actually going into the contacts folder.
    06-28-10 04:40 PM
    Please explain more... So you want to edit a contact, but not navigate to the contact?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 04:43 PM
    Please explain more... So you want to edit a contact, but not navigate to the contact?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Pretty, much yes. From the home screen when you start to type. Let's say you want to edit WORK. So from the home screen you type W-O-R-K until WORK shows up on the screen and you highlight it. Once highlighted, you hit the options button to bring up a list. Problem is the list doesn't give you the choice of EDIT or DELETE! Again, I know this is petty, but just a feature I'd like to see.
    06-28-10 04:59 PM
    On the fly? Dude it takes literally 2 clicks and 5 seconds to edit any contact...
    06-28-10 05:19 PM
    I hope you find a way to do it (I don't have an answer), but I find it intriguing why you would want this feature. Do you edit contacts a lot? Also, I've often wondered why people would want to dial from the home screen and lose the keyboard shortcut feature, especially when one can just press the green phone key, start dialing, and it will work the same way. I thought about making a topic to ask, but you seem like a nice enough person to start with. Why do you like to dial from the home screen? You do know that, with dial from home screen disabled, you can just hit the A key, your address book will open, you can start to type, it will work as you describe, and you can hit menu, then edit.
    06-28-10 09:07 PM
    This may not be an issue to most. But i like the option of editing a contact on-the-fly from the Home screen without actually going into the contacts folder.
    I've actually always wondered the same thing. Not that it's not much of a hassle to first go in to the address book, but in the dozen or so options when you 'menu-click' on someone's name after typing it in from the home screen, why couldn't they include an 'edit' option? It just seems like an obvious thing to have.

Regarding dialing from home screen vs using shortcuts, I've tried both ways and found that that for me, dialing from the home screen makes much more sense. When I was using keyboard shortcuts I found that the key I was pressing the most was the space bar or green send key just so I could go in and type someones name to text/email/etc them. I don't use too many apps, the ones I use 90% of the time all fit on the home screen using the L-shaped layout, so they're all right there when I need them. Shortcuts weren't saving me any time versus pressing an extra key every time I wanted to contact someone. But I'm sure at some point I'll switch back again and give it another try.
    06-29-10 06:14 PM
    Regarding dialing from home screen vs using shortcuts, I've tried both ways and found that that for me, dialing from the home screen makes much more sense. When I was using keyboard shortcuts I found that the key I was pressing the most was the space bar or green send key just so I could go in and type someones name to text/email/etc them. I don't use too many apps, the ones I use 90% of the time all fit on the home screen using the L-shaped layout, so they're all right there when I need them. Shortcuts weren't saving me any time versus pressing an extra key every time I wanted to contact someone. But I'm sure at some point I'll switch back again and give it another try.
    Thanks for your input on this. I guess my view of the whole thing has been skewed by the fact that I hate having any application icons on my home screen. But I can see how, from a purely functional standpoint, dialing from the home screen might work out quite well.
    06-29-10 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD