Do you think that there is such thing as the perfect device? I've had my fair share of BlackBerry devices, including having gone through more than one Passport and Classics, and I've never had one that was flawless. I would have to say that they were more like 99% flawless. Look hard enough, however, and there was usually something extremely minor that I could nitpick.

I don't think there really is such thing as a perfectly flawless device, but I could be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 12:13 AM
    To me, I like what I have recently discovered. The iPhone is perfect for my use.
    12-31-15 12:22 AM
    In terms of design specifications vs actual build quality? Yes, in fact, most devices by most manufacturers. Manufacturing flaws happen, but not nearly in the proportions it would seem by reading these forums. Happy campers are typically more quiet than the disgruntled types.

In terms of personal preferences - form and function, hardware and software, all wrapped up into one perfect unicorn of a device? Not yet, in my opinion, at least. The Passport is the closest so far though, I think.
    12-31-15 12:27 AM
    Do you think that there is such thing as the perfect device? I've had my fair share of BlackBerry devices, including having gone through more than one Passport and Classics, and I've never had one that was flawless. I would have to say that they were more like 99% flawless. Look hard enough, however, and there was usually something extremely minor that I could nitpick.

I don't think there really is such thing as a perfectly flawless device, but I could be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    There is actually a medical term for people who ask and try to answer their own rhetorical question.

Posted via CB10
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    12-31-15 02:49 AM
    I don't think so. I personally think that if I could take certain features from the iPhone and certain features from the Passport and merge them together that would be perfect for me

Posted from my Passport
    12-31-15 03:13 AM
    At a given point in time there was a perfect device for me: my Torch 9810. With the passage of time I've never been able to reach that high again.

At this time there is no device that is perfect for me but I don't discount anyone else's perfect device. The closest I can come right now is the Sony Z5 I have my eyes on but it's still missing that big beautiful slide out keyboard I've been craving. Maybe in the next couple years someone will make a slider with a hardware keyboard that is typeable. If BB can't remember how to do it maybe someone will release a phone like the old Sidekick LX.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2876 / T-Mobile USA
    12-31-15 03:30 AM
    To me, I like what I have recently discovered. The iPhone is perfect for my use.
    Only if you can read the tiny font provided by the browser. Take any desktop view and the font is way to small on a iPhone for my eyes . The body to screen size ratio is not that good either.
    12-31-15 06:13 AM
    Oh yes of course and that would be a Passport. I'm tired of the terrible battery and the overheating of my Q5.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 06:30 AM
    Yes BlackBerry Passport and Z30! Just purrfect!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 07:10 AM
    Only if you can read the tiny font provided by the browser. Take any desktop view and the font is way to small on a iPhone for my eyes . The body to screen size ratio is not that good either.
    Is it smaller than others, I really hadn't noticed?
    12-31-15 07:30 AM
    Is it smaller than others, I really hadn't noticed?
    Yes. My Android can display an additional word or two per line on a non mobile site. Chrome on Android has a accessibility setting which allows a larger font on a double tap that the iPhone lacks.

The browser on BB10 has an adjustable font. Basically you need good eyes to use an iPhone IMO. My spouse has an iPhone 5 and the I did not find the iPhone 6 to be any better in this regard.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-31-15 08:27 AM
    Of course not no device is perfect

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 09:32 AM
    No, of course not.
    12-31-15 10:27 AM
    Maybe the question should be, when you were only allowed to buy one device this year, today, being 1/1/2016 here, what would it be. And you'd need to relinquish all your other devices...
    12-31-15 10:33 AM
    Basically you need good eyes to use an iPhone IMO.
    Don't you mean good Retinas(TM)?!
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-31-15 10:47 AM
    Maybe the question should be, when you were only allowed to buy one device this year, today, being 1/1/2016 here, what would it be. And you'd need to relinquish all your other devices...
    And the answer would still be BlackBerry Passport for Keyboard and Z30 for all touch. These devices are very relevant and work well! In 2016 and beyond! IPhone 6 still has to catch up and ALL the Android's out there including the Priv needs to catch up!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 12:14 PM
    perfect? yes, the one that works for you..
    12-31-15 12:17 PM
    For you? Yes.
    For everyone? No
    12-31-15 12:18 PM
    Oh yes of course and that would be a Passport. I'm tired of the terrible battery and the overheating of my Q5.

Posted via CB10
    My Q5 has a good battery and doesn't overheat. Having said that, I agree that the Passport will likely be my next phone purchase.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 11:18 PM
    There is actually a medical term for people who ask and try to answer their own rhetorical question.

Posted via CB10
    What is the term? Does it have to be medical? Is it contagious? If you ask and answer the question out loud, does it count? What if they answer their own rhetorical question incorrectly, does that make them a liar?

Posted via CB10
    amathtools likes this.
    01-01-16 11:22 PM
    i have to second this. My iphone hasnt given me an ounce of trouble in 2 years. The only issues you ever hear about with iphones is usually some software glitch, and Apple resolves it FAST, like with all the ios 8 issues. the same cannot be said for Android.

So nothing is 100% but they can come close.

My 9780's camera died 3 times and the first time was when it was 3 months old. My 9790 was perfect for 4 months and then it froze to death and the software had to be redone 3 times and I gave up.

I'm hoping for the best from my new old Blackberry

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-02-16 12:03 AM
    We can always improve on a device, once it's made.... :-)

(it's also always already outdated, lol!)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-02-16 12:05 AM
    It'd be perfect if it had an infinite battery, integrated coffee maker and could read my handwriting, but that's impossible.

But speaking about what device I'd buy today, the Priv.
    01-02-16 02:05 AM
    The Z30 is about as close as I have used. The Nokia Windows Phone 1520 is pretty great also.
    01-02-16 08:50 AM
    We can always improve on a device, once it's made.... :-)

(it's also always already outdated, lol!)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    True. It's a fast moving industry so "the best" is constantly changing.
    01-02-16 09:23 AM
30 12