the third is none other than windows phone.

windows phone might not be at the forefront marketshare wise right now, but they sure as **** are pumping in a lot of money into it. they understand that apps are key in the smartphone industry and have invested in getting developers to develop for their platform. not to mention their expertise in the software market. they are talent saturated and i'm sure that a their top engineers can get native email running on a pb in a week if given the right resources.

we all know that bbos 7 sales are heading south and that rim is banking on bbx for their future. and here's why i feel that bbx is going to fail hard:

1. what do most blackberry users love about their blackberries again? keypad. are we going to see a keypad in the first few bbx phones? from what i've gathered so far, it's a no. ask yourself if you would hold on to your current blackberry if the keypad was non-existent.

2. battery life. gone were the days when one charge could last you a good 3 days. i can barely make a day (12 hours) on a single charge on my 9900. in fact, the battery on the ip4 rapes the battery on my 9900. the playbook battery < ipad. i believe it will translate into the same result with bbx phones given the similarity in the OS.

3. playbook pricing. with the current drastic drop in pb prices, i doubt many would purchase one at its original retail price in the near future (1 year). Would you then pay that price for a phone running the same software? I fear that bb has been relegated to the "buy if it's cheap" zone.

4. playbook pricing again. as far as my memory serves me, no technological product has seen a dive in pricing as huge as the playbook in the same time span since its launch. parties who might be interested in bbx will probably want to wait it out before purchasing a bbx phone.

5. lack of integrated services. apple's entire ecosystem is integrated in such a way that the products seamlessly compliment each other. from mac, to iphone, to ipad. I believe windows in working on a similar concept. as for android, almost every other phone maker is developing android as we go along. in the future there will be no such thing as a single standalone phone manufacturer.

The Biggest Screwup? The playbook.
    The playbook was essential in showing off the power of qnx and RIM completely blew it. Not only did they fail to manage the negative reviews appropriately, the constant delays and lack of communication from top management resulted in brand destruction.

from needing to prove to the world how awesome qnx can be, rim is degenerated into having to protect its own flagship brand which is blackberry.
    12-02-11 06:42 PM
    I like the BBOS.
    grover5 likes this.
    12-02-11 06:47 PM
    Get a life.
    grover5 likes this.
    12-02-11 06:48 PM
    I think you put way too much weight on their tablet. I highly doubt the Playbook will make or break RIM.

That said, I do think RIM should fear WP. (I say this coming from a 9000, Storm 2 and a current Playbook owner. Just bought an HTC Titan as my phone.)
    12-02-11 06:50 PM
    you bring up the playbook (when your trying to talk about smartphones lol), so lets play on your level, wheres my windows phone tablet....oops.
    12-02-11 06:51 PM
    i was just re-watching the video where mike stormed out of an interview with the bbc. with an attitude like that, you can only dream of good press. which is half the battle.
    12-02-11 07:00 PM
    12-02-11 07:01 PM
    Get a life.
    you care to rebut my points without fringing on personal insults?
    12-02-11 07:03 PM
    you bring up the playbook (when your trying to talk about smartphones lol), so lets play on your level, wheres my windows phone tablet....oops.
    i see where you are coming from. but i have been asked if my playbook is jsut a larger version of a bbx phone. that is the impression rim is giving. and i believe it is so..
    12-02-11 07:04 PM
    i see where you are coming from. but i have been asked if my playbook is jsut a larger version of a bbx phone. that is the impression rim is giving. and i believe it is so..
    yes basically, however the market between phone and tablet users is totally incomparable.

phones for alot of people are out of need (as an example, company supplied, for emergency etc), tablets for most are out of want. im sure the gap in that will narrow at some point, but mobile phone sales far outweigh tablet sales currently.
    12-02-11 07:09 PM
    It's funny how the playbook was the test bed for phones so their first QNX/BBX phones wouldn't go thru what the playbook has but it's the playbook everyone is judging them by and killing them on.
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    12-02-11 07:17 PM
    Op, your thread is stupid just like the Winmo interface.
    12-02-11 07:41 PM
    ok this thread is def stupid... please post some valid facts/points that will make me at least believe just a little.
    you sound like NOkia when they said by 2015 Window phones will be number 1 smh.
    in basics you're comparing windows phones to a Playbook.
    really??? can you compare it to a windows tablet? oh wait they don't have one.
    Bad battery life on Blackberrys ummm yeah sure dream on.
    out of all the Smart phones on the market Blackberrys has the best battery life.
    the only one close to your statements is the 9930 and this
    phone can last you all day add a battery app and you have more
    than a whole day.
    as far as keypad read the 1st article on Crackberry.com then edit your thread
    Last edited by llllBULLSEYE; 12-02-11 at 07:58 PM.
    12-02-11 07:53 PM
    If everyone keeps saying WP7 will become 3 it must be true, right?!?! Doesn't matter that with WP7 and even Mango they continue to slide into irrelevance. Microsoft dumped tons of money into Bing too and has it made a lot of ground on Google?

I personally don't see where WP7 offers anything that iOS or Android doesn't deliver, and it still doesn't replace Blackberry either. I think that once BBX does everything a Blackberry OS device does, what we've seen from the Playbook and its increasing app catalog then it will start to bring people back who miss what they lost when they left BB. People want apps, media, and great web experience and to stay connected. BBX can deliver all of this possibly better than anyone, if RIM executes. RIM needs to work with companies that have critical apps and get them to put the apps on BBX no matter what the costs.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-02-11 07:53 PM
    you sound like NOkia when they said by 2015 Window phones will be number 1 smh.
    at least it ent HP - number one plus lmao
    12-02-11 08:06 PM
    You know.. I always hated the phrase, "There is only room for (insert anything here)"

It just sounds weird you know?

Oh and no.
    12-02-11 08:07 PM
    out of all the Smart phones on the market Blackberrys has the best battery life.
    You wanna put a wager on that? Os 7 phones v iphone 4. please get one and test it yourself
    12-02-11 08:25 PM
    Op, your thread is stupid just like the Winmo interface.
    Your reply is fallacious, just like your username.
    12-02-11 08:29 PM
    Seriously? Did you come here just to bad mouth Blackberry? This is just a troll thread. Please post some relavent facts that can be proven and are not just hear say. Untill then, spot complaining, get a life, and move on instead of b****ing where you think someone might have time for you.
    12-02-11 08:38 PM
    You wanna put a wager on that? Os 7 phones v iphone 4. please get one and test it yourself
    I don't know how anyone can tell. Are the settings, signal etc. all the same on both phones? Is the usage exactly the same on both phones when compared? When you access a website are they both getting the same connection where one second a page will load fast and on the same device the same page will not load so fast or at all depending on the server and the traffic at that moment.

It seems to be more user specific. One person will get 12 hours and the next will only get 6 on the same phone.
    12-02-11 08:42 PM
    child , hate your phone ? please sell it , hate your playbook ? please sell it , its awesome , someone else w/ buy it , go be a sheep and go play on your bing , or wp7 , or your ice cream sandwich w/ your carrier iq . i really don't care . i'm all fine and happy when i see you leave berries , its annoying having someone w/ their device screaming so loud how much they hate it . one word for you : child ! go play w/ your touch toys
    12-02-11 09:09 PM
    Next RIM ceo right here
    12-02-11 09:30 PM
    Demo lets you emulate WP on your iOS/Android phone, pretty cool.

http://m.microsoft.com/windowsphone/...Demo_Share&v=4

I still want to see a real one, but I really didn't like the interface.
    Last edited by dianeselwyn; 12-02-11 at 09:38 PM. Reason: link messed up
    12-02-11 09:37 PM
    1. Blackberry is all about giving consumers a choice. whereas apple for instance, they give you one design and if you dont like it, you HAVE to like it.(thats what everyone was waiting for with iphone5) bbx phones like what kevin said on his blog will give that. a slider, full touch, and qwerty keypad all running bbx and from his roadmap, in one year.(hopefully) so fail

2. Yeah these days, your phone is pretty much your computer so every smartphone in any platform drains faster. yeah the 9900 sucks with battery and may be worse than the iphone4, but once again you have the torches, the new curves, and the new bold showing bettery battery life than the iphone4. Therefore thats like 5 vs 1 there. You just mentioned one phone. so fail

3. yeah the playbook is cheap and cant do as much right now. once OS2 comes out and hopefully a 4G 10" Playbook, its still in the competition. RIM is taking advantage of the low cost leadership in this as no other platform did it. Once the playbook is more known out there, than you might see a switch to a differentiator instead of a low cost leader.

4, 5. to lazy to keep typing

all in all your a fail and bye
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    12-02-11 10:22 PM
    1. Blackberry is all about giving consumers a choice. whereas apple for instance, they give you one design and if you dont like it, you HAVE to like it.(thats what everyone was waiting for with iphone5) bbx phones like what kevin said on his blog will give that. a slider, full touch, and qwerty keypad all running bbx and from his roadmap, in one year.(hopefully) so fail

2. Yeah these days, your phone is pretty much your computer so every smartphone in any platform drains faster. yeah the 9900 sucks with battery and may be worse than the iphone4, but once again you have the torches, the new curves, and the new bold showing bettery battery life than the iphone4. Therefore thats like 5 vs 1 there. You just mentioned one phone. so fail

3. yeah the playbook is cheap and cant do as much right now. once OS2 comes out and hopefully a 4G 10" Playbook, its still in the competition. RIM is taking advantage of the low cost leadership in this as no other platform did it. Once the playbook is more known out there, than you might see a switch to a differentiator instead of a low cost leader.

4, 5. to lazy to keep typing

all in all your a fail and bye
    Thank you for saying this.
    12-02-11 10:31 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD