Of course there's a BlackBerry experience. That's why the word experience is key. Any car can take you from a to b.. that's it's function. How it feels and does it though is unique to that car.. that's the experience. Same way with phones. They all have different os styles and different ways of achieving similar functions.. that's their experience.

Quite easy really. Go school your friend.

Posted via CB10 on my Z mfk'n 10!
    Based on your explanation, then there is nothing so special about the "BlackBerry experience" that truly sets it apart from other "OS styles". Here is my question to you, if you go to two hamburger joints serving the same hamburger with the same toppings from the same suppliers, would say the hamburgers are different? I'm sure you could do better with your explanations.
    03-10-14 04:11 PM
    Truthfully all modern smartphones provide all the necessary features.

This includes push email, cloud based contacts, photo sharing and social networking.

Each manufacturer provides their own 'experience' and it's where users decide what's important to them. This is a good place to be, as opposed to holding necessary features hostage.

IPhone has the ecosystem. This includes higher QA on apps, and the 1001 cases/chargers/accessories. It tries very hard to appeal on a personal level to people, almost like a pet.

Android is popular, because many of the phones are free. They have a huge appstore, great integration with the whole Google suite and offer tinkerers with a phone they can tinker with.

Windows phone actually has great integration with all MS products, including sharepoint and exchange, as well as office products, including onenote. They are also trying to provide a unified experience between desktop and mobile devices.

Personally I'm not attracted to this level of homogenization, but realistically most people will never use all the features a phone has and this is something that looks familiar.

BlackBerry 10 provides a unique unified message box, terrific universal search and the best inter-app integration. What I mean is being able to take a picture, edit it and send it to my friend without ever leaving the camera app.

BlackBerry works how smartphones work in commercials. It also has the best typing experience in the unabridged history of smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with some of your points, but some are, IMHO, opinion.

Which is fine, BTW.
    03-10-14 04:15 PM
    Based on your explanation, then there is nothing so special about the "BlackBerry experience" that truly sets it apart from other "OS styles". Here is my question to you, if you go to two hamburger joints serving the same hamburger with the same toppings from the same suppliers, would say the hamburgers are different? I'm sure you could do better with your explanations.
    I like people like you that hide behind the tired and overused "rotfl rotfl"when they don't really understand stuff. Next time just ask for a better explanation.

Look at it this way.. you go to a night club, all clubs do the same thing i.e. serve drinks, play music etc.. however you get some that are just plain more fun than others i.e the way the whole set up is, DJ quality, clientele quality, interior decorating etc make it a much better club than the others thus it becomes the top club to be at. Thus, a better clubbing experience.

Furthermore, to use your example. Different restaurants yes might use the same products however, the way the chefs cook them and the secret recipes or whatever they add to them or maybe even making their waitresses wear some tight short skirts and skimpy tops make the whole eating out EXPERIENCE much better than your regular McDonald's or burger joint down the road.

Same way on phones the BlackBerry experience involves the hub for instance when it comes to messaging as opposed to opening each app to respond to messages. That's the BlackBerry EXPERIENCE. That's the exact reason why when you use other phones you try to swipe apps away then realise.. ouch, that's a BlackBerry thing.

Do I need to explain again? I doubt I'd bother to be honest tho. Schooled maybe?

Last edited by BlackB_G; 03-10-14 at 05:09 PM.
    03-10-14 04:30 PM
    I like people like you that don't think things through before you make yourself look silly with the "rotfl rotfl".

Look at it this way.. you go to a night club, all clubs do the same thing i.e. serve drinks, play music etc.. however you get some that are just plain more fun than others i.e the way the whole set up is, DJ quality, clientele quality, interior decorating etc make it a much better club than the others thus it becomes the top club to be at. Thus, a better clubbing experience.

Furthermore, to use your example. Different restaurants yes might use the same products however, the way the chefs cook them and the secret recipes or whatever they add to them or maybe even making their waitresses wear some tight short skirts and skimpy tops make the whole eating out EXPERIENCE much better than your regular McDonald's or burger joint down the road.

Same way on phones the BlackBerry experience involves the hub for instance when it comes to messaging as opposed to opening each app to respond to messages. That's the BlackBerry EXPERIENCE. That's the exact reason why when you use other phones you try to swipe apps away then realise.. ouch, that's a BlackBerry thing.

Think before you type mate.. seriously. Also, if you're still gonna argue with this then I have no response for you so don't hold your breath.

#schooled

YOUR 1st POSTING (just for your reference)

Of course there's a BlackBerry experience. That's why the word experience is key. Any car can take you from a to b.. that's it's function. How it feels and does it though is unique to that car.. that's the experience. Same way with phones. They all have different os styles and different ways of achieving similar functions.. that's their experience.

Quite easy really. Go school your friend.

Please compare your two responses to the thread and see if you can tell the difference.
    It's unfortunate that you are hyper sensitive or thin skinned or taking it personal. People don't read minds and try not be cocky when you are responding to things. I have seen guys like you get an "F" in an exam because they never bothered to elaborate on their answers. Btw have you ever taken any professional exams before? And I am not talking about college/univ exams. Just curious. Because if you have, you would have understood what I meant.
    Oh, do yourself a favour and quit being so sensitive. You don't know me and I got nothing to prove to you. Take care.
    03-10-14 05:10 PM
    This is all very subjective anyway. The physical keyboard is part of MY BlackBerry experience, and it doesn't matter what others think of my definition.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-10-14 08:52 PM
130 ... 456