I keep showing my colleaegues how I can do stuff on my Z10 much more efficiently than iphone they chose iphone instead of going Blackberry 10 since our IT was pushing them to do so. yes there is a blackberry experience that put getting things done before anything else they envy me how I can reply to 5 emails where they are still replying to the first I can schedule or join a WebEx with one click I have all my travel booked in my calendar and input thanks to blackberry travel. I also show intergration with box , dropbox, doc to go and fantastic adobe pdf signature
    the usual question can I do that on my iphone ? which app
    My answer sorry I don't know which app all of the above comes with blackberry built in I don't have time to find the app for the things I need I want all integrated not open an app and clode an app
    "Which app" and the rest just kinda makes me laugh.

iPhone. Into the app. Out of the app. Into the next...
    Integration? Not much. File system access? Forget it. Not without hacks.

Thanks for that enlightening post.

No Q10? -> Buy from Chen...
    03-09-14 07:47 AM
    On recent history, the four device plan is "phone one goes in that landfill, phone two goes over there in that landfill..."
    I always like your optimistic look on life
    03-09-14 08:38 AM
    BlackBerry experience is nothing but expectations from limitations, generated from a user friendly experience.

Posted via Writer's BlackBerry, Q10
    It seems you have a contradictory statement; care to elaborate or clarify your statement.
    03-09-14 08:42 AM
    I always like your optimistic look on life
    Well what has changed? For a different result, you need a change, it's arguable that the Z20 represents a change in that it provides a low-unit cost device - so that might have an impact. The OS is a bit smoother but since that has provided no competitive advantage, that is irrelevant. The main significant change would be hundreds of millions or better billions to put into marketing but that doesn't exist.
    03-09-14 08:44 AM
    You know, it's funny you should say that because one of the things I've found in my BlackBerry experience is that it's a joy how nicely it plays with anything I connect it to. It's smooth as silk in the car. I can connect to any cloud service (except iCloud). I've watched a lot of movies on my Samsung TV in stunning 1080p. It's easy to get files off my work network - from anywhere I happen to be. I can game on a big screen using a Bluetooth controller. Etc.

Add to that the fact that I can download and work with just about any type of file, the fact that I can install and run most Android apps better than my Android phone did (that thing was a nightmare to use after a few months! )

The BlackBerry experience is pretty cool. It pleasantly surprised me.
    Connecting to Cloud Services is not the same as integrated Cloud Services.

Native Cloud Services on other platforms are leveraged differently and often serve as the backbone for integrated services.

You can connect to different services on other OSes as well, but the user experience is not the same as with integrated services which require nothing but for you to log into your Andorid/iOS/WP device with your Google Account/Apple ID/Microsoft Account and then they just work (requiring a toggle to be flipped in worse case scenario).

I don't think the Blackberry experience is a figment of imagination, but I do think in the broader sense it is very, very weak compared to their competitors.
    03-09-14 10:02 AM
    Going home on BB10 shows me exactly what I'm doing right now and what's on my "desk".
    Right. With BlackBerry 10 the default view is the actual task manager (if anything at all is running and you are not actively using one app). A very simple but important difference from the others.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    03-09-14 10:08 AM
    Right. With BlackBerry 10 the default view is the actual task manager (if anything at all is running and you are not actively using one app). A very simple but important difference from the others.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    Different because this "Decade Ago" way of forcing people to think about managing the processes on their phone is... Not quite a selling point. The Multi-Tasking on other devices is simply just as easy to access (easier in some places - just a button press on most Android/Windows Phones and a double press on iOS) and on some devices actual multi-tasking from a productivity sense is far superior to what BlackBerrry offers on their devices.

Have you seen the advances Samsung has made with Multi-Windowing apps in the Note 3? Drag and Drop, etc.

Even LG has made great strides there and I wouldn't be surprised if these features began to become more mainstream. Microsoft may eventually introduce some of that in Windows Phone given average device sizes (or they could just limit it to the bigger devices like they do with the third column on the start screen).
    03-09-14 01:04 PM
    It seems you have a contradictory statement; care to elaborate or clarify your statement.
    He means that while the User Experience has limitations (Ecosystem, Apps, etc.) the platform seems to have higher expectations than it could live up to.

And apparently he thinks it is user friendly, but that can be said for any platform (that's up to the user to decide though there are some things that can and do lash out at you).

Personally I think the navigation of the OS has proved to be the biggest detractor to people that I've shown the device to. People simply aren't willing to relearn how to use a phone, regardless of how much I or anyone thinks the incessant swiping makes sense.
    03-09-14 01:07 PM
    The "BlackBerry Experience" for me is the fact that I have stayed with BlackBerry through the thick and thin, for richer and for poorer, till death do us part.

I'm sure if I would have swayed to another os I would have been happy without BlackBerry but by staying with the very1st smartphone brand that I ever owned and never went to another platform even though I may have been tempted gives me a sense of confidence in my integrity as a man and that my friends is my "BlackBerry Experience".

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-09-14 01:19 PM
    He means that while the User Experience has limitations (Ecosystem, Apps, etc.) the platform seems to have higher expectations than it could live up to.

And apparently he thinks it is user friendly, but that can be said for any platform (that's up to the user to decide though there are some things that can and do lash out at you).

Personally I think the navigation of the OS has proved to be the biggest detractor to people that I've shown the device to. People simply aren't willing to relearn how to use a phone, regardless of how much I or anyone thinks the incessant swiping makes sense.
    I don't mean to give you a hard time but do you really know what he meant or you are just guessing. In your first paragraph you seem certain that you do but on your first phrase on the second paragraph you are uncertain? "And apparently he thinks it is user friendly". Maybe we should hear from the "horse's mouth".
    Finally I don't agree with your reasoning on the third paragraph but I certainly do respect your opinion.
    03-09-14 02:55 PM
    This article is sort of on point .

This is BlackBerry's four-pillar device strategy | CrackBerry.com

�One of the challenges for BlackBerry is how you commercialize productivity features that are core to the usage of these BlackBerry users around the world, but very difficult messages to shout across. "
    Here's the thing that stood out to me from the article:

?There's one thing we're absolutely clear as a company. There is an experience, a BlackBerry experience that makes it very, very different. That's why there are so many loyalists. In fact, I would think that there are only two brands in the world that have this loyal base. It's Apple and BlackBerry that have it. Therefore, we will never break that.?

So there it is. BlackBerry does have an experience and it's not just a "figment" of our imagination.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 03:01 PM
    Here's the thing that stood out to me from the article:

?There's one thing we're absolutely clear as a company. There is an experience, a BlackBerry experience that makes it very, very different. That's why there are so many loyalists. In fact, I would think that there are only two brands in the world that have this loyal base. It's Apple and BlackBerry that have it. Therefore, we will never break that.?

So there it is. BlackBerry does have an experience and it's not just a "figment" of our imagination.

Posted via CB10
    You haven't met any fanatical Android fans? Trust me, there are quite a few that think Android dropped from heaven. And WP8 and even Palm/WebOS have there own hardcore proponets.

Plus, the BBRY experience could be described as somewhat fractured, with most preferring the BBOS experience, no?
    03-09-14 03:13 PM
    Yes there is.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 03:14 PM
    You haven't met any fanatical Android fans? Trust me, there are quite a few that think Android dropped from heaven. And WP8 and even Palm/WebOS have there own hardcore proponets.

Plus, the BBRY experience could be described as somewhat fractured, with most preferring the BBOS experience, no?
    Actually I have and anyways how does one stay loyal to Android when there's so many brands to choose from? Each brand offers a different experience of Android be it Samsung, HTC, or LG. Also I'm pretty from my understanding I don't think he was referring to BBOS devices but seeing how many of BlackBerry's customers are on legacy devices I would say you might be right. Anyways the BlackBerry experience is pretty real and is actually better with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 03:22 PM
    Actually I have and anyways how does one stay loyal to Android when there's so many brands to choose from? Each brand offers a different experience of Android be it Samsung, HTC, or LG. Also I'm pretty from my understanding I don't think he was referring to BBOS devices but seeing how many of BlackBerry's customers are on legacy devices I would say you might be right. Anyways the BlackBerry experience is pretty real and is actually better with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Even within Android, there is a seriously insane subset of pure Android adherents that feel opensource is synonymous with perfection LOL. I think Android's development community is the strongest in all of mobile, and they are the ones tha actually push Android along, because Google is forced to keep up. Now, those guys and gals are true superfans, creating miracles for free. And then there are the OEM battles. HTC users hating on Sammy, etc. It gets silly sometimes LOL.

BBOS had some serious wonder kids too within its closed system.
    03-09-14 03:40 PM
    I don't mean to give you a hard time but do you really know what he meant or you are just guessing. In your first paragraph you seem certain that you do but on your first phrase on the second paragraph you are uncertain? "And apparently he thinks it is user friendly". Maybe we should hear from the "horse's mouth".
    Finally I don't agree with your reasoning on the third paragraph but I certainly do respect your opinion.
    Did you really find his post hard to understand?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    03-09-14 03:44 PM
    The OS is a bit smoother but since that has provided no competitive advantage, that is irrelevant.
    Curious what you mean by "a bit smoother". Have you used 10.0 through 10.2.1? On what device? For how long?
    03-09-14 03:49 PM
    Hahaha...I didn't guess that deep. nice thoughts friend. And in a way you understood what I mean. My words were as simple as a straight line. BlackBerry fans always have lots of expectations. They are never fully satisfied, as far as my knowledge is concerned (may be it's limited). These expectations all arises from the so much of limitations given by the BlackBerry only.its like One day everything will be fine type of concept. And because of these limitations and lack of things, we don't want to go further with another device or anything...because BlackBerry is so sexy to use as it's UI is that user friendly.. I just took only the important words from this boring lecture in my first post. and I thank for your patience to read this fully.

03-09-14 03:53 PM
    And I believe that overall isolated situation is the so called BlackBerry experience.

03-09-14 03:55 PM
    Different because this "Decade Ago" way of forcing people to think about managing the processes on their phone is... Not quite a selling point. The Multi-Tasking on other devices is simply just as easy to access (easier in some places - just a button press on most Android/Windows Phones and a double press on iOS) and on some devices actual multi-tasking from a productivity sense is far superior to what BlackBerrry offers on their devices.

Have you seen the advances Samsung has made with Multi-Windowing apps in the Note 3? Drag and Drop, etc.

Even LG has made great strides there and I wouldn't be surprised if these features began to become more mainstream. Microsoft may eventually introduce some of that in Windows Phone given average device sizes (or they could just limit it to the bigger devices like they do with the third column on the start screen).
    Yeah. I don't agree.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    03-09-14 04:11 PM
    Yeah. I don't agree.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    I don't agree that grass is green either.

03-09-14 04:22 PM
    I don't agree that grass is green either.

Cool.

That's your prerogative. Though getting off topic.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    03-09-14 04:25 PM
    Cool.

That's your prerogative.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    That's basically what I was telling you. Leave it there, lol

03-09-14 04:26 PM
    Did you really find his post hard to understand?

Frankly I do and unfortunately your interpretation didn't help either. He has two "qualifiers" for "BlackBerry experience" that don't compliment each other. Anyway, I never or don't intend to parse his words and don't want to offend him either. It is just a trivial and an innocent inquisition. Nothing to lose sleep over.
    03-09-14 04:26 PM
    So if you say there is such thing as "BlackBerry experience", how would you describe yours.
    For me the experience is all about having a device where email/messaging and the quality of the keyboard input is the prime consideration in design. To me the virtual BB keyboard is also better than the iPhone and the few Android KBs I have tried (SwiftKey being my fav.). Yeah I know the BB KB is based on SwiftKey. I have not really typed on a Windows Phone KB other than a minute here or there. But no one seems to rave about it as a standout, so I will assume it is merely adequate/good and not amazing (?). Of course if someone really likes the whole Swype thing, then that's quite different and they won't want a BlackBerry.

To be honest I'd really like to have a Q10/Q20 over my Z10 at times, because nothing beats the real thing. But then I browse the web a lot and find the BB onscreen KB to be good enough to keep me on the larger screen.
    03-09-14 04:56 PM
130 ... 23456