This is in response to everyone who is posting a simple one solution to save BlackBerry. The truth is that there isn't just one solution, one product, or something more "marketing" will save. I place that in quotations because marketing is a very broad term that encompasses a number of activities.

The reality is that BlackBerry is using a diverse portfolio of products to ensure that the company has revenue coming from different sources. In the past BlackBerry heavily relied on hardware and service revenue, but yet had other assets that were not seen as revenue generators. BlackBerry is on the right path for this, more products means more revenues sources.

As for marketing, BlackBerry is marketing as it is called a sales team. No, we don't see advertisements on television and to be honest that is a waste of money for the market BlackBerry is seeking. They need educated, solid sales people who go to businesses and get them sold into their software portfolio. If they can sell them one service, that opens up the door for additional services in the future, including smartphones. This is a good strategy as many sales people work on commission, if they aren't successful they don't get paid.

I could go on for days about this, but let's not make the turnaround of a company into a one line this will save them strategy. That's not possible.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 05:21 AM
    I don't believe anyone thinks it's THAT easy to turn around the brand. I do believe, however, that everyone has ideas that they like to throw out there. Not everyone who posts has to have a full marketing plan thought out already!
    07-15-15 05:36 AM
    I don't believe anyone thinks it's THAT easy to turn around the brand. I do believe, however, that everyone has ideas that they like to throw out there. Not everyone who posts has to have a full marketing plan thought out already!
    I have to disagree with you... I see new threads every single day proclaiming the single magic bullet that will save BlackBerry overnight.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, Verizon, no camera, 10.3.2.2205
    07-15-15 05:46 AM
    As a business person myself, I have seen first hand here in the auto industry thats it very hard to rebuild an iconic brand thats been tarnished. Once folks have moved on to another product, its very difficult if not impossible to get them to come back over and take another chance.

I am not saying it's impossible by any means, it just takes a lot of hard work and a product that would be convincing enough to get folks to try the brand again. I am hoping if and when Blackberry releases a Android based, Blackberry skinned device at a competitive price, this will be the one to restore the faith to the consumer market. Just my two cents.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    07-15-15 05:48 AM
    Blackberry's future is software now, not phones.

They will still make a very small number of BB10 devices, but I believe their consumer driven phones will be Android.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    07-15-15 05:53 AM

They will still make a very small number of BB10 devices, but I believe their consumer driven phones will be Android.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to figure it out

�The Berrylution will not be televised� Stupid. Double typeeing kyboard �
    07-16-15 12:26 AM

I'm not convinced they will be successful. Android is already saturated and the Blackberry name is tarnished.
    07-16-15 04:27 PM
    This is in response to everyone who is posting a simple one solution to save BlackBerry. The truth is that there isn't just one solution, one product, or something more "marketing" will save. I place that in quotations because marketing is a very broad term that encompasses a number of activities.

The reality is that BlackBerry is using a diverse portfolio of products to ensure that the company has revenue coming from different sources. In the past BlackBerry heavily relied on hardware and service revenue, but yet had other assets that were not seen as revenue generators. BlackBerry is on the right path for this, more products means more revenues sources.

As for marketing, BlackBerry is marketing as it is called a sales team. No, we don't see advertisements on television and to be honest that is a waste of money for the market BlackBerry is seeking. They need educated, solid sales people who go to businesses and get them sold into their software portfolio. If they can sell them one service, that opens up the door for additional services in the future, including smartphones. This is a good strategy as many sales people work on commission, if they aren't successful they don't get paid.

I could go on for days about this, but let's not make the turnaround of a company into a one line this will save them strategy. That's not possible.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe the market they are chasing for software is good enough but for hardware either you aim at consumers or you shut the doors. Businesses have long update cycles and you have to face the fact that Blackberry is not the only phone manufacturer in that segment. Good and Mobileron allow to secure ios and Android. Ios is encrypted by default and has fips certification so the enterprise and even security conscious firms are adopting them in greater numbers.
    07-16-15 04:38 PM