I have the Droid X as of now, going on three weeks and the third device, I have had nothing but problems and find the operating system to be completely inefficient and designed around 16 to 25 year old's, its more of a media phone and a poorly designed one at that. I was wondering if Blackberry has anything decent in the near future coming out? I miss my Blackberry like crazy.
    09-22-10 02:26 PM
    So far, the only phone coming out soon (rumored release date of sometime around October-November) is the Storm2 refresh....which is essentially a Storm2 with upgraded hardware so it can run OS 6.

Sucks you couldn't get a reliable Android phone and found the OS to be cumbersome.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-957...erry-6-what-it

That looks like its the Storm2 refresh.
    09-22-10 02:33 PM

this is the next one.. which is the 9570
    still surepress and not the real touchscreen you'll see in the Torch
    09-22-10 04:31 PM
    yeah its just a refresh, so it can run OS6

nowhere near a NEW device
    09-22-10 04:34 PM
    yeah its just a refresh, so it can run OS6

nowhere near a NEW device
    Thanks, I wish it did.

Looks like I will hold on to what I have for now.
    09-22-10 09:18 PM
    Thanks, I wish it did.

Looks like I will hold on to what I have for now.
    Enjoy that battery life on the driod?
    09-23-10 06:18 PM
    I'm kinda pissed AT&T got the Torch.
    09-23-10 08:48 PM
    I'm kinda pissed AT&T got the Torch.
    They paid for its development. Kinda like VZW pitched in for the development of the Storm.
    09-23-10 10:45 PM
    I miss my Blackberry like crazy.
    Why not sell the droid and get on a 9700 or unlock a Torch? Kijiji is a wonderful thing.

I wanted a Berry so I sold my iPhone and bought a Bold. Took me 3 days all in.
    09-23-10 11:03 PM
    It true though with this android or iphone os it feels gamey I don't think that's a word but every time I try one it feels like I'm playing a game it just doesn't feel serious its hard to explain .
    09-24-10 04:32 AM
    It true though with this android or iphone os it feels gamey I don't think that's a word but every time I try one it feels like I'm playing a game it just doesn't feel serious its hard to explain .
    You think the transitions and animations when you do particular things feels like playing a game?

That's very odd sounding but hey its your personal preference.
    09-24-10 02:12 PM
    Simple, turn the animations off (can be done on Android). No more "gamey" feeling.
    09-24-10 02:14 PM
    There is talk of a new Storm and LTE device coming early next year, possibly as soon as Feb/March, THAT might be just the ticket for you.
    09-24-10 03:11 PM
    There is talk of a new Storm and LTE device coming early next year, possibly as soon as Feb/March, THAT might be just the ticket for you.
    The obvious downside to that option if you don't live in one of the lte roll out areas is that they'll surely want to charge you for lte service even though you can't take advantage of it.

As to the os on your android device, as was mentioned, you can shut the animations off. If I may ask, what was wrong with the phone that you've been through so many of them in a relatively short time?
    09-24-10 03:38 PM
    can someone tell me if AT&T ever carry Storm2?
    09-25-10 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD