I`m going to buy a Blackberry Bold 9900 in a week, its going to be my first phone and I just want to know if there is a new one coming out soon?

Also, I think the iPhone 5 is coming out in September and I was thinking about getting that instead of the Blackberry but I already own a iPod touch 2G.. So I have 2 possibilities: 1. Have a iPhone 5 and a iPod touch which is stupid in my opinion but it depends on the changes they made to the iPhone 5 2. Blackberry Bold 9900 and iPod touch.
    08-31-12 05:23 PM
    You will need to check if the Bold 9900 works for your requirements. Just don't follow trends as it will lead to disappointments.

To answer your question, yes, RIM is targeting launching their new platform and new devices Q1 2013, an all touch device and a qwerty device similar to the 9900. So if you don't mind buying a new phone in another 6 months or so, I would say go buy one now!

08-31-12 05:36 PM
    I am going to assume this post is legit. That being said, yes, there is alot of excitement around the release of new blackberry phones in early 2013. Take a look around crackberry to learn more.
    08-31-12 05:38 PM
    I am going to assume this post is legit. That being said, yes, there is alot of excitement around the release of new blackberry phones in early 2013. Take a look around crackberry to learn more.
    Lol yes it is legit, sorry for being such a noob. I don`t really follow phone news and all that.

I found this http://crackberry.com/press-release-...ts-fiscal-2013
    are those phones really worth waiting for? I mean all I want is making calls, web browsing, listening to music and playing small games.
    Last edited by Dumpee; 08-31-12 at 06:00 PM.
    08-31-12 05:55 PM
    Other than playing games, the current OS7 phones are just fine for what you want to do.

If Angry Birds and other games is important, then wait for the upcoming phones in 2013.
    08-31-12 06:08 PM
    The Bold 9900 is an awesome device, call quality is great, web browsing is good. It's a very solid phone. The new BB10 devices are due to launch in Q1 2013. Check out the 9900 maybe it will be just what you're looking for.
    08-31-12 06:51 PM
    Depends what you're after, if it absolutely has to have angry birds and a certain fruit shaped logo I'd either pick up an iphone 4 or hang on for the 5

If you're not too fussed about that give the 9900 a try, it is being "replaced" in a few months by the bb10 device but chances are it'll still be supported for a good while yet (just look at rims current back catalog)

Only way to really decide is to head to a phone shop and try both, I have both an iphone and a bold 9790 at the moment and they're both good, but it depends what you want out of it.

There's no perfect phone out there for everyone, it's down to what you want out of it which will decide which one's for you.
    08-31-12 08:33 PM
    ]I`m going to buy a Blackberry Bold 9900 in a week, its going to be my first phone and I just want to know if there is a new one coming out soon?
    If you adhere to RIM's definition of "soon" you might not want to wait. On the other hand, if they actually release an all-touch and touch+keyboard smartphone running BlackBerry 10 it would only mean we have waited almost 2 years. So as you should understand by now, "soon" is a relative term. Remember the wireless carriers must thoroughly test these devices on their networks before any official release date by each carrier can be announced. RIM might have the devices ready for carrier testing in September but it could take until May 2013 before carrier testing is completed. Until then we just wait.
    08-31-12 08:54 PM
    I suggest you waiting a few more months for BlackBerry 10, or you could get the 9900, but just dont regret it when BlackBerry 10 comes out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-31-12 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD