What bluetooth is available to use with the direct connect feature on the 8350i??
    03-02-09 01:43 PM
    What bluetooth is available to use with the direct connect feature on the 8350i??
    Are you merely looking for something that works from a listening/speaking stand point or are you looking for something that has the DC button built into it as well?
    03-02-09 02:00 PM
    either I do a lot of driving in New Jerset and any type of usage like that is illegal
    03-02-09 02:22 PM
    I have the motorola 850 I think and I can hear thru the bluetooth ehen someone dcs me but in order to respond I still have to pick up the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 03:04 PM
    The direct connect works fine with most bluetooth headsets, push the PTT on the phone while the headset is connected and it takes the voice from there instead of the handset. I keep my handset in a cupholder while driving and push the PTT as needed.
    Regardless if the button is on the phone or on the headset, you will have to use a finger to activate it unless you have telekinetic powers...
    03-02-09 03:44 PM
    I use the motorola h680 it works great but you still have to push the PTT button to communicate
    03-02-09 08:03 PM
    When using the headphones that comes included you can use the button to dc back and forth. But its a good thing you asked that question. I am getting prepared to buy a new bluetooth unit myself. Presently have the jawbone 2 but must use the dc button on the phone to dc back and forth. Have you checked out the nextel site?

03-02-09 08:25 PM
    The direct connect works fine with most bluetooth headsets, push the PTT on the phone while the headset is connected and it takes the voice from there instead of the handset. I keep my handset in a cupholder while driving and push the PTT as needed.
    Regardless if the button is on the phone or on the headset, you will have to use a finger to activate it unless you have telekinetic powers...

That sums it up quite eloquently.
    03-03-09 09:49 AM
    Hello people,
    Sorry, I'm a newbie.
    Anyone knows how can i use the headset jack button on connect direct talk? It's possible?
    I'm using the original headset jack.

Thanks,
    04-21-09 06:28 PM
    cant. you have to use the PTT button on the BB
    04-21-09 06:29 PM
    I wish someone would come up with either a headset or a hack to make the button on the headset work as the PTT button. I know some people don't see the point but I would like to use the direct connect while the phone is across the room, or being charged. If I'm working in my shop (where the only place the phone works is at the window) it's a huge pain to drop what I'm doing to answer a DC call. I stopped using my BT headset because it's pointless if I still have to have the phone with me. Well that and I hate the morons who wear them all the time, "hey look at the tool across the mall with a blinking ear"
    04-24-09 05:39 PM
    well I use my bt's all the time when i am out! it provides me with a lot more freedom to move and interact! but Have you tried holding down the button and talking while its pressed? I have used it before i am sure! I would try at it right now but am not in the mood to really talk to anyone i know with dc!
    04-24-09 05:46 PM
    yeah i had to get the wired headset with the ptt button clip for my bb. its ok but the fact that i'm used to wireless and i feel like a cop sometimes when people look at me funny.
    04-25-09 03:21 AM
    I have the Motorola 620 BT Works good..
    04-25-09 06:49 AM
    But does it have a button to press that's not on the phone that can be used as a dc talk button? I think it has to be a motorola product that will only be directed to nextel handsets! Suprised there hasn't been one already created for it and put out on the market!

04-26-09 10:16 AM
    I've had several Motorola BT headsets and none of them work that way. I couldn't imagine it being that hard to come up with. I mean people use BT to control other peoples phones as a prank so if someone can come up with software to do that..........Just an idea.
    04-27-09 06:21 PM
    I have had this issue in the past. Current ther is no BT headset that will allow using he button on the headset for DC. A few years ago I did have a phone that allowed use of a wired headset button for DC. SO it is possible just not sure 8350i's can do it.
    04-27-09 08:37 PM
    I have a question along the same line as previous posts. I don't have a problem using the handset to talk, although it would be nice if I didn't have to, but my question is the alert ring. I'm having a problem finding a bluetooth that has a clear, audible, ring in the bluetooth. Most either you can't hear or they are too quiet.
    12-22-09 09:15 PM
    I usa the Motorola H700 Bluetooth. You still have to push the dc button on the phone
    But you would still have to push the button on the headset so it doesn't bother me.
    I just set the phone in my lap or in the seat next to me. I find that it works great
    With the 8350i blackberry.

03-20-10 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD