I have saw lots of books and magazines on the newsstands for the i phones but have never saw any specializing in the Blackberry phones
    09-20-08 07:14 PM
    I doubt it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-08 07:18 PM
    There was a guy about a month ago who did a poll to see if anyone on this site would be interested. Here's the thread that was started, dunno what ever became of it. But to answer your question directly, the answer is no.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blac...bscribe-62295/
    09-20-08 07:19 PM
    Great idea... would read every word
    09-20-08 07:22 PM
    too niche.

and with the blackberry's reputation as a powerful device for powerful users, the recent trending to break into consumer space has turned it into a teenager's wet dream.

therefore, there is a VERY limited market for a magazine as there are far fewer enthusiasts as compared to other smartphones on the market.
    09-20-08 09:26 PM
    maybe it should be an online magazine
    09-20-08 09:38 PM
    maybe it should be an online magazine
    because writers will write for free?
    09-20-08 09:43 PM
    because writers will write for free?

they do on here, don't they?
    09-20-08 09:48 PM
    There was a guy about a month ago who did a poll to see if anyone on this site would be interested. Here's the thread that was started, dunno what ever became of it. But to answer your question directly, the answer is no.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blac...bscribe-62295/
    Yes, I remember that too....everyone was all excited about it, and said yes yes they would all subscribe. The response was that they were going to get right on it, Hmmm....nothing ever happened.
    09-20-08 09:49 PM
    very few journalists who publish on here. and i think simply putting the forum on print would be disastrous, and again, only feed a very small niche. you may get someone to write feverishly a few times without deadlines, but put them on a schedule with editing that's "fit to print" and you'd have a lot of people bailing out.

this is a community, not a team
    09-20-08 09:59 PM
    Yep, this is where the latest and greatest will be found first.

Can you imagine, given a three month publication window, any magazine keep pace? I doubt it, it would be history before the ink hits the paper.
    09-20-08 10:02 PM

Can you imagine, given a three month publication window, any magazine keep pace? I doubt it, it would be history before the ink hits the paper.
    thats true, the berry timetable answers to no man
    09-20-08 10:04 PM
    I would love blackberry mag that would be great.
    09-21-08 12:26 AM

I'm sure you're right, but I come from a video production background and industry periodicals provide current infromation. I assume they have some cooperation from the manufacturers or they wouldn't be able to do that. Or, very good spies!
    09-21-08 12:57 AM
    I'd read a bb magazine, as I read all of the cb news whenever I log on as well. I'm very interested in what RIM is doing!! I search thru diff bb forum sites and such just to find out what they have reported on bb delopments and stuff, so I'd be one who would be reading but that's just me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-08 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD