Hello,

There has to be a better way to view this or any other forum while using our BB's, isn't there? I spend 90% of my time moving the screen around just to be able to view the topics, let alone the actual thread.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. It can't be this difficult.

Comments?
    10-31-09 08:01 AM
    Sounds like you aren't using http://wap.crackberry.com.
    10-31-09 08:10 AM
    Yes try the mobile versions of your favorite.websites

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 08:23 AM
    The mobile site is going to have a revamp. Test it out by going to m1.crackberry.com from you BB. Much easier to view Blogs etc

10-31-09 08:29 AM
    The mobile site is going to have a revamp. Test it out by going to m1.crackberry.com from you BB. Much easier to view Blogs etc

I use Bolt on my Tour to view the forums, as it usually renders the text just right to fit on my screen.
    10-31-09 09:26 AM
    I would say the m1.crackberry.com site is geared more towards newer devices (with the 480x320+ screens). It looks aweful on my 8830 with just the 320x240 screen.
    10-31-09 09:28 AM
    Thanks. Much better . Now, is there a way to make the font size bigger while viewing the forums? seems like the font defaults to the same small size matter what I set in browser options.

10-31-09 09:51 PM
    Are you using column view or page view?
    While in the browser, press the menu key, scroll up.

10-31-09 10:12 PM
    Are you using column view or page view?
    While in the browser, press the menu key, scroll up.

I've tried both views. I can use the zoom to make things bigger but the text doesn't wrap to fit the screen. Seems like a basic requirement.

10-31-09 10:37 PM
    I have my Browser set too: Column View, No Cursor in Column View when viewing the CrackBerry WAP Forum site. That give me the best combination of formatted text and the trackball drives the cursor from link to link.

11-01-09 08:30 AM
    I just discovered that if i select column view while in portrait and then flip to landscape the font size is much better and the text wraps as expected.

11-01-09 08:55 AM
    Try this:
    While in the browser, press Menu key, scroll to Options, select it, then select General Properties.
    Set Default Font Size and Minimum Font Size to desired values. Then Menu-Save and exit.
    I just set them both to 8, and it's very easy to read now in Column View mode.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 11-01-09 at 10:27 AM.
    11-01-09 10:18 AM
    Yes, I did that first. That didn't seem to effect forum threads. However, it did effect the font size on non forum pages. Also, it seems that I had to close the browser and reopen for the change to take effect.

Anyway to get the size good for forums its too big for normal pages.

I think found a working solution by flipping between portrait and landscape for now.

Thanks

11-01-09 10:35 AM
    Try this:
    While in the browser, press Menu key, scroll to Options, select it, then select General Properties.
    Set Default Font Size and Minimum Font Size to desired values. Then Menu-Save and exit.
    I just set them both to 8, and it's very easy to read now in Column View mode.
    This pretty much is the best way to view the forums imo

11-02-09 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD