And what does it not have that other top 7 inch tablets on the market? I want to know because on Amazon right now the 16GB PB is $180, the 32GB is $170! and the 64GB is $220. I've seen some reviews and according to the reviews it's an amazing tablet and some say it's the best 7 inch tablet on the market, plus when price comparing, the PB destroys the competition so I'm literally 1 click away from buying it. BUT, I want to know from heavy, REAL heavy PB users out there that have had the tablet for a very long time now and know everything that needs to be known because I don't want to buy it if I'm going to be disappointed later

Thanks
    Atentozedten likes this.
    03-27-13 08:13 PM
    For the price... it's unbeatable. Great device, very durable. Works excellent with my previous BB9900 (bridge functionality) pairing it to the device and able to tether/share internet plan on the Playbook.
    03-27-13 08:19 PM
    For the price... it's unbeatable. Great device, very durable. Works excellent with my previous BB9900 (bridge functionality) pairing it to the device and able to tether/share internet plan on the Playbook.
    But is there anything missing? And what does it not have that other top 7 inch tablets on the market?
    03-27-13 08:21 PM
    It's not really missing anything. It's a great tablet, I've had mine since day one. I highly recommend it.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    03-27-13 08:28 PM
    As do I. Amazing tablet. Really nothing to complain about. Real good browser too and that definitely makes browsing the Web a breeze. Plus it'll eventually be updated to bb10!

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    03-27-13 08:35 PM
    And what does it not have that other top 7 inch tablets on the market? I want to know because on Amazon right now the 16GB PB is $180, the 32GB is $170! and the 64GB is $220. I've seen some reviews and according to the reviews it's an amazing tablet and some say it's the best 7 inch tablet on the market, plus when price comparing, the PB destroys the competition so I'm literally 1 click away from buying it. BUT, I want to know from heavy, REAL heavy PB users out there that have had the tablet for a very long time now and know everything that needs to be known because I don't want to buy it if I'm going to be disappointed later

Thanks
    Is that a trick question?
    03-27-13 08:38 PM
    I have one, and I use it regularly. Have heard that some key apps are missing, but I don't know what they are - so I'm apparently not missing them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-27-13 08:39 PM
    I have one, and I use it regularly. Have heard that some key apps are missing, but I don't know what they are - so I'm apparently not missing them.

Do you use it for just fun or for productivity?

Also, is there any way to video chat without BBM?
    03-27-13 08:43 PM
    You might want to read this: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/

A good, but not great, device due to lack of support from the manufacturer.
    03-27-13 08:48 PM
    It's depends on what u need it for. My Playbook replaced my laptop...but I didn't really do anything major or my laptop. Just browse and download music. What is it missing...i wouldn't necessarily say it's missing a lot but many of the core apps are missing basic functionality. It's not a complete OS like BB10. Still ok for what it was though.

Personally, I'd say if u really need one, go ahead and grab one. Prices for it now are great and it will eventually get BB10. If not, I personally say just grab a BB10 device and wait for new hardware to come out in tablet form. The PlayBook is 2 year old hardware so a refresh should come this year. Hopefully...
    Toodeurep likes this.
    03-27-13 08:50 PM

Before you purchase, I suggest you go over to Playbook forum and read as much as you can. Put aside the price. You need to know what you are going to use it for. What kind of apps or games are must have for you. It might be good for some of us...it might not be good for you. Should you decide to buy and money is not an issue, I suggest you get a bundle deal that include at least a travel rapid charger.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    03-27-13 08:53 PM
    My use is generally for web surfing and occasional old-school video games (SNES emulator).

Have used it to review documents from time to time.

03-27-13 08:55 PM
    Very well build tablet. Easy to use. Out of the 4 tablets in our household, I always pickup the PB. The PB is a bit short on apps.
    Can't wait for BB10 to arrive on the PB.
    03-27-13 08:59 PM
    Is there anything missing from the Playbook?

My hands...
    jesse_h likes this.
    03-27-13 09:10 PM
    $180 isn't even that great of a price for product that's 2 years old....Best Buy and other retailers had it on sale for $99 not so long ago. My advice would be to buy it used....a lot of frustrated PB buyers out there on Craigslist who will easily sell you a lightly used one for $100 or so.
    03-27-13 09:23 PM
    I've had my PlayBook since launch and I use it every day. Literally. I have used it to write papers and stories, watch movies and tv, make videos, take pictures, surf the web, and more. It has some really exceptional games.

Is it missing some things? Unfortunately, yes. It does not have Netflix or Skype, if those are important to you. The hardware, while 2 years old now, is still some of the best in the tablet world, but not the best. No one can tell you if you should buy, but I have never regretted buying mine, and I paid considerably more than what you can get it for.
    03-27-13 09:34 PM
    As far as the OS itself it isn't missing anything. It's fast, durable, efficient and has a long battery life and supports flash. If you are into apps that that may be your only complaint. I personally do not have a strong need for apps, so this Playbook is perfect for me. My husband found mine at Walmart for 210$ and it's a 64GB. I love that it came with a host of accessories and you can buy custom extras really cheap on ebay for it. I love this tablet. Its a beast!!!
    03-27-13 09:37 PM

Thanks
    Functionality is the primary thing it's missing....
    ..The device can't even handle streaming media from Flixter.
    ..If you take a picture or video you can' t email it to someone from the gallery.

The Playbook shoots awesome HD video and is built like tank....
    ...It's a pity the Playbook can't use any subscription based media service.
    ...If it was able to it wouldn't have sold so poorly.
    Rello likes this.
    03-27-13 09:46 PM
    Functionality is the primary thing it's missing....
    ..The device can't even handle streaming media from Flixter.
    ..If you take a picture or video you can' t email it to someone from the gallery.

The Playbook shoots awesome HD video and is built like tank....
    ...It's a pity the Playbook can't use any subscription based media service.
    ...If it was able to it wouldn't have sold so poorly.
    To email photos you do so through the email system itself by adding as an attachment.
    03-27-13 09:52 PM
    Android and iOS have more apps. That's it. Love my PlayBook otherwise. Great tablet. Can't wait to see BB10 running on it!
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    03-27-13 09:52 PM
    Just about any. App that I have ever wanted enough to include on the Ipad is not available . Contrary to what you hear here the battery is average and the unit needs a very strong signal to work well . Basically I would not want to buy an "orphan" product at the price you quoted.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 03-28-13 at 09:58 AM.
    03-27-13 10:18 PM
    I have 3 PlayBooks and they are great. I gave my kids the 16 gigs and I have the 64 gig. For all 3 I have less than $450.00 in them and they work perfect never a glitch.

Look on ebay for a 64 gig or cowboom.com for deals
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    03-27-13 10:30 PM
    Do your self a favor and skip the PB. I can't think of any redeeming qualities for this tablet. I seriously doubt BB has any plans to revive this tablet.
    03-27-13 10:51 PM

I use mine for notes sometimes in classes. I use it as a media hub well I did until I got my z10. Brilliant screen. Also no you do not need BBM to video chat. Actually you can't have BBM on it without having a device bridged to it. So I guess you win some and lose some. Built in video chat is done over the blackberry id. But there are lots of free video chat applications you can download as well.

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    03-27-13 10:52 PM
    Let me start off by saying that i think the playbook is a good tablet. I had my 16gb for a while about 2 or 3 years now, back when the price were dropped to $200. Till this day, i still think that this was the second best gadget deal i have ever had (Touchpad being the first). The playbook is adequate for basic uses such as reading book/comics or browsing. The battery life is also amazing, the screen is also good enough for me and I'm still upbeat that it will be getting the os10 update

Having say that, i don't think you should buy playbook now for a few reasons.

1. Competition (Price).
    32gb playbook cost $170. 32gb Nexus 7 $230. Nuff said. In my opinion, Nexus 7 is a superior tablet and gives better user experience and for me its not that much more expensive for a more complete tablet experience. Both tablet don't have removable battery and sd card slot.

2. Lack of apps and games.
    Yada yada yada apps apps yada yada. I hate to be that guy. But its true. And for those people saying that games are not important, unless you solely want to use your tablet for internet browsing or book reader, those people are wrong.
    The app store for PB is even worse than the ones for Z10. Apps and games selections are sparse. Quality is also worse than the android/ios counterpart. There are very few quality games. Sideloading android apps are very inconvenient in my opinion and those apps............... well lets go to point number 3

3. Sideloaded Android apps.
    So you might think being able to emulate android apps is cool and all that. It's not. Firstly, the process of sideloading these apps is bothersome. (change to security mode, activate password, open dppb, enter password, connect to pb download apk, change to bar, install bar). Secondly, ported android apps either does not work, or if they do, are buggy, slow and missing features. Third, i faced a lot of force close on my PB when using sideloaded apps for example : boat browser and dolphin browser.

4. PB OS
    OS10 works pretty well on Z10, everything is smooth and fluid.The playbook is not quite. booting and rebooting takes forever, opening apps are slow and sometimes the browser random closes when i open too many tabs (6 or 7). I'm still hoping that the upcoming os10 update might fix all these issues

So in conclusion, considering its age and price, BB playbook is a decent tablet. But my recommendation is still to get that nexus 7.
    Bbnivende and m1a1mg like this.
    03-27-13 11:11 PM
59 123