Is there any way they could go back to the Blackberry OS which is so much better than Android but still keep the Android Play Store?
    Digital_Islandboy likes this.
    08-03-18 11:18 AM
    Is there any way they could go back to the Blackberry OS which is so much better than Android but still keep the Android Play Store?
    No
    cribble2k likes this.
    08-03-18 11:19 AM
    No and it will never happen.
    08-03-18 11:20 AM
    Computer says no.
    NtotheK and towngirl like this.
    08-03-18 11:47 AM
    Survey says!......

No.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    08-03-18 12:25 PM
    Buy a BB10 device. Then search endlessly for apps that will work on Android runtime 4.3 that won't crash when trying to use them on your BB10 device
    08-03-18 12:27 PM
    Moving from 7 to 10 was such a let down in the beginning. so many features didn't follow making it feel like a step backwards. Kinda like going to Android from 10. It is what it is
    08-03-18 03:04 PM
    Moving from 7 to 10 was such a let down in the beginning. so many features didn't follow making it feel like a step backwards. Kinda like going to Android from 10. It is what it is
    Exactly, the BBRY needs to do a much better job at getting focus groups and asking people what they want. The "take what we give you" model is exactly why I'm leaving Apple because that's how Apple now treats their users.

"You want headphones jack? Tough, go buy our overpriced 'BEATS' with so-so sound quality. OR go buy a dongle to get your headphones jack back."

The fact that BlackBerry now uses Android makes me feel like whenever there is a next flaw on Android, I have to sit nervously waiting for a press release about whether the BlackBerry side would be affected.
    08-03-18 03:40 PM
    Not a chance , BlackBerry OS and BB10 are dead it's either Android or IOS or dumb phone at this point
    cribble2k likes this.
    08-03-18 04:44 PM
    No, time to move on....
    Sammy Singh2 likes this.
    08-03-18 05:23 PM
    No, pretty sure the rights were lost to updated Android runtime.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-18 02:41 AM
    08-04-18 10:06 AM
    No, pretty sure the rights were lost to updated Android runtime.

Posted via CB10
    You can integrate the Android runtime in any device you want.

However Google allows to add the Playstore only on devices that don't use forked Android versions. They just got a major fine (€4.34 billion) because of their oppressing policies towards manufacturers. And another 5% of their daily income for every day they don't change their regulations. So that might change soon.
    In fact if that already had changed 5 years ago, then BB would have been able to close the app gap just by installing the Playstore on an OS10 BB and keeping the runtime up to date. That really would have been the best of both worlds.
    So sad, they never had that option.

Source: https://ec.europa.eu/avservices/vide...en&ref=I159073
    Digital_Islandboy likes this.
    08-04-18 12:38 PM

However Google allows to add the Playstore only on devices that don't use forked Android versions. They just got a major fine (€4.34 billion) because of their oppressing policies towards manufacturers. And another 5% of their daily income for every day they don't change their regulations. So that might change soon.
    In fact if that already had changed 5 years ago, then BB would have been able to close the app gap just by installing the Playstore on an OS10 BB and keeping the runtime up to date. That really would have been the best of both worlds.

1. The EU is not the world.

2. That case is being appealed.

3. The most likely outcome is that Google will make a minor change in Europe only and everything will continue as before.

4. You should never count on using your competitor's assets, and there's no question that Google owns the Play Store. Google could very easily just block access to non-licensed devices, and given that they own it, the EU couldn't do anything about that.
    Thud Hardsmack and pdr733 like this.
    08-04-18 08:49 PM

Maybe the EU should adopt BB10 and pay BB for it’s future development. The EU has been very successful with technological innovation with it's current policies. LMAO
    johnny_bravo72 and the_boon like this.
    08-04-18 09:57 PM
    Maybe the EU should adopt BB10 and pay BB for it’s future development. The EU has been very successful with technological innovation with it's current policies. LMAO
    Yup, useful innovations like....forcing the "CE " thing on the back of devices!
    08-05-18 03:22 AM
    Sundar Pichai said no a long time ago.
    08-05-18 03:40 AM
    Redundant thread at this point, mods, can we lock future responses please?
    08-05-18 06:33 AM
    Doesn't anyone search through threads anymore before posting?
    The answer to the OPs redundant thread is and will always be NO!
    08-05-18 07:22 AM
    Redundant thread at this point, mods, can we lock future responses please?
    Come on. We haven’t even got to, “all BB10 needs is better marketing” stage yet....
    08-05-18 09:12 AM
    OS is past news.
    The main reason I say that, BBOS never supported what makes the smartphone operable: apps that require iOS or Android Play services. Even though BB tried to get developers to support their OS the attempt was not possible.

I attended BB dev events near the NY Google HQ: few devs were interested in their proposals.
    08-05-18 09:24 AM
    BB10 is so NOT profitable that even Zinq's BB10 launcher failed

A money pit till the bitter end
    Last edited by the_boon; 08-05-18 at 10:38 AM.
    pdr733 likes this.
    08-05-18 09:50 AM
    if BB10 is brought back, will I be able to install it on my PlayBook?
    DrBoomBotz and kbz1960 like this.
    08-05-18 10:07 AM
    BB10 is so NOT profitable that even Zinq's BB10 launcher failed
    It just needed better marketing. If you can’t spend at least million dollar budget, how do you expect to reach thousands of former BB10 fans now switched to Android..... ;-/. Did I get that right?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-05-18 10:11 AM
    It just needed better marketing. If you can’t spend at least million dollar budget, how do you expect to reach thousands of former BB10 fans now switched to Android..... ;-/. Did I get that right?
    Close enough.
    08-05-18 10:28 AM
97 123 ...