I was wondering if anyone has seen or downloaded any flight planning/organization apps. I have a few for my playbook but none of them are true navigation, does anyone know if Jeppessen or the NavCanada or the FAA will be making any applications soon?
    02-12-13 05:07 PM
    Try apps.aero. You can go to their webpage. The app I saw in BlackBerry world is called Flight Navigation. Hope that helps.
    el_excelsior likes this.
    02-12-13 05:20 PM
    I have both a playbook and 9900, but haven't seen an app for either one that is particularly useful. I just wish we could get Foreflight on the playbook. I have been using ForeFlight on an iPad 2 in flight and it is nice. We are out of luck right now it would seem.
    el_excelsior likes this.
    02-12-13 09:34 PM
    I have both a playbook and 9900, but haven't seen an app for either one that is particularly useful. I just wish we could get Foreflight on the playbook. I have been using ForeFlight on an iPad 2 in flight and it is nice. We are out of luck right now it would seem.
    I know right? Hopefully we will find a developer willing to port it or create a much advanced version.
    02-13-13 01:01 AM
    Try apps.aero. You can go to their webpage. The app I saw in BlackBerry world is called Flight Navigation. Hope that helps.
    I've been using this for recording my flight legs and it's pretty good for that. The one thing I really want that's not here yet are approach cards, gps routing etc. but I'm hopeful that they'll be here soon. If not i'll try developing an app to do all of that
    berryaddictnoza likes this.
    02-13-13 01:04 AM
    Curious about these apps. You are just using them in the GA environment right? I can't see them reaching the level of approved publications such as Jeppessen.
    02-13-13 07:23 AM
    Curious about these apps. You are just using them in the GA environment right? I can't see them reaching the level of approved publications such as Jeppessen.
    I tend to agree. iPads are on most flight decks up to the majors but it is because of the Jeppsen apps that are available. They have pretty much replaced paper on the modern flight deck.

The Playbook is just a bit to small for this function if you are reading glass age or better IMO.
    02-13-13 07:57 AM
    I am a french private pilot and a playbook owner, unfortunately there's nothing interesting for pilots in BlackBerry World. A friend of mine has an ipad, we take his ipad each time we fly together and I am very impressed by the flight apps. Quite sure we will never get such apps for BB (Z10 or playbook).
    02-13-13 08:06 AM
    I know some majors use the Ipad which are loaded regularly with the Jeps 28 day nav data updates. A device small like a BB10 could probably handle it but I doubt Captains in their 60's being able to see it very well like Jim says. Then getting the regulatory authority to buy off on it is another story...
    02-13-13 09:00 PM
    In the US, you can manually download all of the current FAA charts off the FAA web site and view them on the PB. Useful for flight planning, but no where near an EFB. This includes airport diagrams, terminal procedures, en route charts etc. They are pdf format, so just about any tablet could handle it. And they are the low low price of free (for now).

Digital Products

-Old Ag
    el_excelsior likes this.
    02-14-13 09:37 AM
    If you watch 'Dangerous Flights' they all use iPads, and iPhones. It would be sweet to see something come to the PlayBook to be used and shown on a show of this type!
    02-14-13 10:13 AM
    I'm going to see if I can create a workaround within the next few months
    02-20-13 05:11 PM