I have an old Pearl: - works fine charges recieves email all that stuff, however it will not sync with my PC it will get a charge but not sync.

Now I have noticed that where you plug in the USB cable to the device there are usually 5 connectors however 2 of them are missing - think this maybe the issue.

so where you should see 5 copper connections (like this)

I I I I I

I see this (we'll call them 1 - 5 left to right)

I I 0 0 I

I can only guess that 1, 2 or 5 or a mix of them supply power and 3,4 are needed fro data.

Is there any other way to sync whyen its the BIS service that I'm using?

I'm guessing not however thought I would put it out there.

Cheers

ME
    02-04-10 03:57 AM
    use google sync which syncs wirelessly
    02-04-10 04:49 AM
    You can also sync with bluetooth if you computer has it. Works well. That way you can back up etc. But if you are just looking for contact and calendar sync use google.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 06:01 AM
    You can also sync with bluetooth if you computer has it. Works well. That way you can back up etc. But if you are just looking for contact and calendar sync use google.

+1. agree with miro.
    02-04-10 08:16 AM

Adding bluetooth to a computer (at least one running XP or later) is easy, if the phone doesn't have BT built in, that will be tough to add.
    02-04-10 09:02 AM
    i use bluetooth sync from/to outlook at the time using desktop manager. works great and the micro usb port does not the the abuse of plugging/unplugging...
    02-04-10 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD