Hi there, got problem with my theme. I have reformat my bold 9000 and all theme are gone. But i install all the theme in memory card and when i check, all the folder contains theme data are still available. But how i'm gonna install back the theme so bb can detect it? i open the theme folder,theres a lot of every single theme with every single folder but all data end with .REM so how to make it detect by bb?

thanx
    06-19-10 10:44 PM
    Your BB needs the .jad or .alx files to load these onto the device.

Where did you download the themes from? You may need to redownload them from the original location again.
    06-19-10 10:46 PM
    The .RAM file extension is added if the media card has been encrypted by a device, which then stops it from being opened. This may be your problem, you will have to put the memory card back into the original phone with the same encryption settings, then change it so you can copy the file to remove the .REM file extension.
    Althought I dont think you can install themes this way as they are normally auto-install on download.
    06-20-10 12:10 PM
    I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I don't think I'm quite understanding what's being discussed - themes on my Storm2 don't install to the the memory card. When I hovered on the link I was thinking I had an answer, but as I read the question and the subsequent answers I got a bit confused. When I wipe my device, the theme files get deleted but the settings get backed up; I find no theme files on my device in device memory or SD card.
    Again, sorry for hijacking.
    06-20-10 02:58 PM
    I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I don't think I'm quite understanding what's being discussed - themes on my Storm2 don't install to the the memory card. When I hovered on the link I was thinking I had an answer, but as I read the question and the subsequent answers I got a bit confused. When I wipe my device, the theme files get deleted but the settings get backed up; I find no theme files on my device in device memory or SD card.
    Again, sorry for hijacking.
    Sounds like the op downloaded the theme files, possibly in a .zip file and has all the installation files stored on the memory card. We all know you cannot actually install themes or apps to the memory card, but you can have the installation files stored there and install the theme from the card instead of OTA.
    06-21-10 08:53 AM
    Sounds like the op downloaded the theme files, possibly in a .zip file and has all the installation files stored on the memory card. We all know you cannot actually install themes or apps to the memory card, but you can have the installation files stored there and install the theme from the card instead of OTA.
    I figured he'd done something of the sort; but how does one install from the card? I would assume using the Files app to browse for it would be involved, or a similar 3rd party app? And if this helps answer the OP's OP, bonus.
    06-21-10 12:42 PM
    Just don't use too much themes, 2 is enough ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 01:29 PM
    Just don't use too much themes, 2 is enough ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I keep the one I'm using, and download links for any I might want to go back to in QuickLaunch. That's the reason I was very interested to see how to store and install from either device memory or SD card - save on download time and keeping links I don't use often in QuickLaunch. Not that they take up all that much room. :P
    06-21-10 01:36 PM
    you can also use aerize card loader .it will load the theme from the cod files on the memory card .
    06-21-10 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD