Lets try this again..... By the way, I manage a business twitter account.... So promoting tweets, well... I've seen the other side of it....... So yes, FACTS are involved.

We all understand they can tag certain searches, meaning Samsung can tag their ad to pop up when someone searches for #blackberry10, #BB10, #RIM, #QNX, etc

BUT, they would be wasting their time to tag just that, which is what you're implying when Samsung "feels the heat". They are not tagging their ad with solely BlackBerry searches. RIM is just not that big a threat to Samsung right now.

They will also have their ads tagged with things like #iphone, #apple, #android, #droid, #note2, #siri, #windows8, #windowsphone, #webos so on and so forth in addition to the typical BlackBerry has tags.

I'm not a Samsung defender, I'm a BlackBerry faithful. It just doesn't make sense that Samsung fears RIM. BlackBerry 10 is on their radar, but they are not in fear of it.

[Speculation] - For all we know, they might be eager to learn weather RIM will license the new OS or not, and they might actually be looking forward to it.....
    Of course you could be right but when you add the recent Samsung advert to the equation I cant help thinking there's more to it, they certainly went out of their way with that one don't you think?
    01-24-13 08:45 AM
    Of course you could be right but when you add the recent Samsung advert to the equation I cant help thinking there's more to it, they certainly went out of their way with that one don't you think?

No, I don't think so.
    01-24-13 08:52 AM
    Lets try this again..... By the way, I manage a business twitter account.... So promoting tweets, well... I've seen the other side of it....... So yes, FACTS are involved.

We all understand they can tag certain searches, meaning Samsung can tag their ad to pop up when someone searches for #blackberry10, #BB10, #RIM, #QNX, etc

BUT, they would be wasting their time to tag just that, which is what you're implying when Samsung "feels the heat". They are not tagging their ad with solely BlackBerry searches. RIM is just not that big a threat to Samsung right now.

They will also have their ads tagged with things like #iphone, #apple, #android, #droid, #note2, #siri, #windows8, #windowsphone, #webos so on and so forth in addition to the typical BlackBerry has tags.

I'm not a Samsung defender, I'm a BlackBerry faithful. It just doesn't make sense that Samsung fears RIM. BlackBerry 10 is on their radar, but they are not in fear of it.

[Speculation] - For all we know, they might be eager to learn weather RIM will license the new OS or not, and they might actually be looking forward to it.....
    For the record I was agreeing with you. It's just more efficient to target general terms to cover your bases. Especially if you are the marketing arm for some of the largest tech firms in the world. I doubt Samsung was targeting #BB10 searches to promote its Wreck It Ralph tie in....lol.

You are Samsung. You want a chunk of the consumer market. Apple sits on top of the consumer smartphone heap so you market against them. Soon the market starts shifting your way. With that covered, you now want the enterprise market. Who has the enterprise mindshare? RIM. To me, it'd be obvious to market against BlackBerry - especially with its string of missteps in recent years.
    01-24-13 09:34 AM
    For the record I was agreeing with you. It's just more efficient to target general terms to cover your bases. Especially if you are the marketing arm for some of the largest tech firms in the world. I doubt Samsung was targeting #BB10 searches to promote its Wreck It Ralph tie in....lol.

That's cool, and why I didn't quote your post.
    01-24-13 10:10 AM
    maybe this thread should of been in a twitter forum:P
    01-24-13 10:36 AM
    You are Samsung. You want a chunk of the consumer market. Apple sits on top of the consumer smartphone heap so you market against them. Soon the market starts shifting your way. With that covered, you now want the enterprise market. Who has the enterprise mindshare? RIM. To me, it'd be obvious to market against BlackBerry - especially with its string of missteps in recent years.
    You couldn't have said it any better. They have a product they think is better than what most would consider the enterprise leader. Why wouldn't they make a ad going at RIM lol
    01-24-13 12:23 PM
    Competition is clearly feeling the heat. Samsung felt they had to promote their ad when someone searched for Blackberry 10.
    What I love is seeing blackberry trolls on imore. Ha! Love it. Seen so many apple fan boys on crackberry the last 2 years it was a kick in the azz seeing that. I don't know if anybody is feeling the heat but the worm is definitely turning.
    01-24-13 07:05 PM
    So by that logic, Windows felt the need to promote their PC operating system when someone searched iPhone? It's tech related. That's it.

The competition is feeling the heat because BB10 is going to be awesome and shake up the mobile world, as seen by the targeted ad by Samsung. OP just doesn't understand how twitter works, just like previous posters who cry fowl when they see an Android ad at the top of CB.

ETA: It's great to be excited for BB10. I am too. But I'd rather let the platform and all RIM has accomplished speak for itself then stoop to the level of a schoolyard bully and spin stuff like how a promoted tweet is targeting people searching for BB10. That's just how twitter works.
    Yeah, I believe RIM has it under control. You already know it's going to be crazy on here next week. LOL. I see the rumor threads are picking up as well. But, IMO, the tweets are business as usual.
    01-24-13 09:30 PM
    You noticed,lol,the place is crawling with disgruntled iOs/Droid lately, must have somethang to do with Blackberry 10 launch just around the corner, apple stock crashing,samsung's goofy ad,lol, I could go on but you get the picture.

I have avoided these threads for the most part, hanging in the stock thread for now, much more fun there, nobody is rude and it's a hoot there watching RIM pick up steam!

What's with all the personal atacks lately? Mods?
    01-24-13 09:34 PM
    It surely does, watch and learn.

As hard as it may be for the diehards to believe, the world does not revolve around RIM. Open your eyes and use a little common sense.
    01-24-13 09:40 PM
    I don't understand why you die hards are so adamant that the competition must be "shaking" and "quivering" at the release of BB10?
    They are quivering in their boots, more so than you may realize,lol. I chuckle when I see the influx of non BB10 posters also, that's a good sign actually of who is really "quivering", lol.
    01-24-13 09:47 PM
    maybe this thread should of been in a twitter forum:P
    Or at least limited to 140 characters...
    Toodeurep likes this.
    01-25-13 11:45 AM
    What I love is seeing blackberry trolls on imore. Ha! Love it. Seen so many apple fan boys on crackberry the last 2 years it was a kick in the azz seeing that. I don't know if anybody is feeling the heat but the worm is definitely turning.
    Received two infractions for it last night.
    01-25-13 11:47 AM
    Received two infractions for it last night.
    Sweet! haha
    01-25-13 01:34 PM
    They are quivering in their boots, more so than you may realize,lol. I chuckle when I see the influx of non BB10 posters also, that's a good sign actually of who is really "quivering", lol.
    Please describe this "influx". Perhaps it's in the Stock thread you seem to hang out in so much because I sure haven't seen it on the rest of the board..
    01-25-13 02:37 PM
    I find it ridiculous that people gets so caught up in tech. Saddens me really.
    01-25-13 04:58 PM
    haha the usual cyborg fangirls out in masses with weak battle crys always trashing the threads.You had a good run but RIMS odin sleep is coming to an end ,Thors hammers soon to be handed to him.Enjoy the show.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 01-26-13 at 01:51 PM.
    01-26-13 10:12 AM
    haha the usual cyborg fangirls out in masses debial and weak battle crys always trashing the threads.You had a good run but RIMS odin sleep is coming to an end ,Thors hammers soon to be handed to him.Enjoy the show.
    Ummmmm......eh?????:what:

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    01-26-13 10:39 AM
    its their first step into the enterprise market.
    of course they're going to take a shot at blackberry.
    it has nothing to do with Blackberry 10 which is still an unknown factor to them and us.
    Rello likes this.
    01-26-13 11:12 AM
    define nonn BB10 posters?
    so far i see more realistic posters than openly negative posters.
    unless its everyone who doesnt think BB10 will be the greatest thing since sliced bread, in which case thats just ridiculous.

You know i still cant give a reason good enough to persuade anyone to change from Android to BB10? i am in the BB10 camp btw.
    Maybe that will change at launch but until then i have nothing
    mikeo007 and Rello like this.
    01-26-13 11:17 AM
    define nonn BB10 posters?
    so far i see more realistic posters than openly negative posters.
    unless its everyone who doesnt think BB10 will be the greatest thing since sliced bread, in which case thats just ridiculous.

You know i still cant give a reason good enough to persuade anyone to change from Android to BB10? i am in the BB10 camp btw.
    Maybe that will change at launch but until then i have nothing
    Yup.....that's the thing with me. I am hopeful that BB10 and the Z10 will be everything I want it to be, but I need to see it and use it before I can say that it will be great for me. Until then all I've got are videos and opinions. Some of those opinions come from folks I greatly respect (Sith!!!) but some of those opinions come from folks whose ideas I dismiss as readily as the trolls.

So right now I can't convince anyone to jump over. I have convinced people to test for themselves, and that is the only thing I can responsibly do.
    01-26-13 11:36 AM
    Yup.....that's the thing with me. I am hopeful that BB10 and the Z10 will be everything I want it to be, but I need to see it and use it before I can say that it will be great for me. Until then all I've got are videos and opinions. Some of those opinions come from folks I greatly respect (Sith!!!) but some of those opinions come from folks whose ideas I dismiss as readily as the trolls.

So right now I can't convince anyone to jump over. I have convinced people to test for themselves, and that is the only thing I can responsibly do.
    yeah i'd love for my gf to come over to BB10, but she's on Android atm, and she is quite happy with it. When she asks what is so great about BB10 i tell her what has beemn revealed so far, but most of it can be done on her android.
    all the QNX talk means squat. all she wants to know is performance vs android. until we see fopr ourselves, all i can do is get her to test it herself.
    01-26-13 12:23 PM
    She is a voice of reason in a sea of far right and far left. Emotions carry us away from truth and we need to allow people to not only use what's best for them, but to see what BB10 brings after its release. I hope that things are positive and BlackBerry becomes relevant again but all we can do is wait and see.
    01-26-13 01:08 PM
    Hahahaha that's great thanks for posting this I think this makes the competition look bad
    01-26-13 01:33 PM
    yeah i'd love for my gf to come over to BB10, but she's on Android atm, and she is quite happy with it. When she asks what is so great about BB10 i tell her what has beemn revealed so far, but most of it can be done on her android.
    all the QNX talk means squat. all she wants to know is performance vs android. until we see fopr ourselves, all i can do is get her to test it herself.
    Exactly. I plan on buying BB10 (which I'm sure will infuriate some members who have come to hate me) when it comes out as long as it has a few key apps I'm looking for (or ability to sideload). I wont be buying because it's "ZOMG BEST THING EVAR" but because it'll be a good phone and might offer me something different. I'll use it for a few months and when the S4 comes out..then I'll reevaluate..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    pantlesspenguin and jakie55 like this.
    01-26-13 09:00 PM
118 12345