I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this type of thread but I want to publicly thank Tom Anderson for helping me out big time. I entered in the Alpha device trade in program several months ago but was denied the trade in. Long story short, my vendor account was locked out over some of my mistakes that I did over at Blackberry World. I only got to fix the vendor forms after the program deadline. Thus needing to start over by resubmitting everything from scratch including my app. I tried emailing several people at BlackBerry with no luck and I simply gave up with the trade in.

I went to the Blackberry Starter Jam in Jul 23rd because I couldn't run Ripple/HTML5 on my Macbook and by the looks of it, I wasn't the only one. Tom is the HTML5 guy and he had the machines up and running in no time. I'm shocked at how much patience this guy has. After the Jam was over, some of us talked about vendor accounts and I brought up that I never received a unit from the trade in program. Tom Anderson got involved and said he would look into it. He wanted to know what was going on. With just a few emails back and forth, I get an email from Tom saying my device was ready to be shipped out. Not only that but I received the next day. FedEx was knocking on my door before 8:00AM. They shipped it over night.

The fact is I gave up on ever thinking I would get a device. And for Tom just to even listen was more than enough for me. He gave a damn. It's people like this that make a difference. Listening to consumers and developers can make a world of a difference for a company at a time like this. I just wanted to publicly thank him.

Thank You Tom Anderson.
    08-14-13 06:44 PM
    08-14-13 07:00 PM
    Awesome story and I am glad BB has great people like that!
    08-14-13 07:00 PM