What is the best texting app for the Dtek50? The one it comes with is pretty bad. If a group text comes in, some of the people pop up as individual texts, but the text doesn't open. I get a circle that looks like it should be a picture, but when I tap on it, it just spins around and says try again later!! When I ask the person what they sent me, they say "nothing".
    I have it set to receive answers as a group.
    Should I set it to receive answers individually?
    What app would I be happier with? Simple, quick, reliable (BB10?)
    01-25-17 08:58 AM
    I like handsent sms. Of course you have to change the conversation view to be a list, cause i just cant do the bubble thing.

It is free, but there are ads. subscription is pretty cheap to remove them, and gives you extra features like cloud backup of sms and mms, download archives in xls, etc.

There may be better, or more secure, but it looks good and works as you'd expect.

If you find a better one, let me know
    01-25-17 09:12 AM
    I like handsent sms. Of course you have to change the conversation view to be a list, cause i just cant do the bubble thing.

It is free, but there are ads. subscription is pretty cheap to remove them, and gives you extra features like cloud backup of sms and mms, download archives in xls, etc.

There may be better, or more secure, but it looks good and works as you'd expect.

If you find a better one, let me know
    Thanks. I'll check it out. I'd like to get a census of what people use because there are so many of them and I'm new to Android. The BB 10 one was so simple. I do like the idea of being able to back up the texts.
    01-25-17 10:45 AM
    I really like Textra. A multitude of features. I got the paid version because I can't stand ads.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-17 11:49 AM
    I use Google Messenger. Works fine for me. Better than BB10 in my view.
    01-25-17 12:22 PM
    My two favorite right now are textra or pulse.
    01-25-17 01:15 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...essaging&hl=en

I actually didnt mind using the Google Messenger app either. Its simple, clean and just works IMO. Hangouts was good for google voice integration but I always found it lacked in its SMS functionality.
    01-25-17 01:34 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...essaging&hl=en

I actually didnt mind using the Google Messenger app either. Its simple, clean and just works IMO. Hangouts was good for google voice integration but I always found it lacked in its SMS functionality.
    I am using Google Messenger now. The problem I'm having with it, is, when I'm texting with a group, there is a delay when answers come in, and I sometimes have to click an icon to download the text. Maybe l'm doing something wrong. I certainly prefer not to add more apps than I need!!
    01-26-17 01:50 PM
    I am using Google Messenger now. The problem I'm having with it, is, when I'm texting with a group, there is a delay when answers come in, and I sometimes have to click an icon to download the text. Maybe l'm doing something wrong. I certainly prefer not to add more apps than I need!!
    sounds like there are treated as MMS then. You might set that to autodownload
    01-26-17 04:25 PM
    I'll check that out. Makes sense as the icon I have to click looks like a picture place holder, even though there is no picture. I'll see if I find that setting. Thanks

Edit - found it under advanced settings. Turned it on. I'll see what happens with the next group message. Thanks again.
    01-26-17 09:50 PM
    Google messenger too. Works well.
    01-26-17 10:50 PM
    Thanks, Howarmat. You had the answer. Just had a group text with 5 people with no problems. I will stay with Google Messenger.
    This phone has so many settings that I have to change to get it working the way I like.
    CrackBerry is the best place to go for solving problems!!
    Bbnivende, Ronindan and gebco like this.
    01-29-17 08:16 AM