Trees are VERY rude popping out in front a car!!! I had one pop out behind my '74 VW bug when I was at university! I was trying to pull out into traffic and the car rolled backward and this TREE jumped out and HIT my VW from behind!!! It smashed my bumper!
    Very rude....
    No, I wasn't texting. BB didn't even exist then...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-11 07:10 AM
    LMAO, yes those trees, poles etc. are sneaky.
    06-23-11 07:14 AM
    I do not drive, but it is shocking to see how many people drive around town with their heads down towards their phones. Clearly if you're texting someone it is not important, I mean if it was an emergency I'm sure the person would call you.
    06-24-11 02:06 PM
    In messychusetts it is illegal to text and drive. It is also illegal for those under 18 to talk on a phone while driving (even on a headset).
    06-25-11 12:34 PM
    Am I the only person who has the b@lls to admit I've done this? Or am I the only person out of the entire forum who does it?
    I'm not writing War and Peace, mind, but I do look at and if necessary respond to BBM while sitting in traffic on the Beltway or out on Rte 7.
    Nope, you're not the only one. Count me in on the list. I drive stick as well.
    06-25-11 03:01 PM
    Am I the only person who has the b@lls to admit I've done this? Or am I the only person out of the entire forum who does it?
    I'm not writing War and Peace, mind, but I do look at and if necessary respond to BBM while sitting in traffic on the Beltway or out on Rte 7.
    You're not alone, I've done it. I just send voicenotes instead of text messages when BBM'ing while driving.
    06-25-11 04:07 PM
    I think in Canada it's a law now, no talking or texting on a cellphone while driving. Big fines if you get caught etc., so it always amazes me when I see idiots (men and women) doing just that, seriously who wants a fine and who wants to injure or kill someone
    I have the app Drive Safely, it works just fine for me. There is Blue tooth and other apps so you can talk on the phone without having to handle the phone. No excuses
    Appleluver23 likes this.
    06-25-11 04:17 PM
    I think in Canada it's a law now, no talking or texting on a cellphone while driving. Big fines if you get caught etc., so it always amazes me when I see idiots (men and women) doing just that, seriously who wants a fine and who wants to injure or kill someone
    I have the app Drive Safely, it works just fine for me. There is Blue tooth and other apps so you can talk on the phone without having to handle the phone. No excuses
    I find it idiotic as well. Its not worth injuring other people. Especially when you already know it's dangerous and wrong.
    06-25-11 04:20 PM
    I text and drive all the time. Every day, basically. Not only do I text and drive, I drive and read emails, check the weather, and plenty of other things my BB allows me to do while on the go. I'm not ashamed to admit it and I have no intentions of stopping anytime soon.

I think texting is a bull crap copout. I can, and do, text with my eyes on the road. I can, and do, see cars with brake lights in front of me and know where trees are. People have been getting into car accidents for a 100 years because they're bad drivers and just stupid. People have been hitting trees and getting rear ended long before cell phones and texting.

Texting is a distraction. It's no more or less of a distraction than a touch screen radio in new cars, loud kids in the back seat, or gawking at someone who is hot on the side of the road. So don't blame texting, blame distractions (as I see Canada has done) and stupid people. And let's stress the stupid people part.

06-26-11 11:47 AM
    [QUOTE
    Texting is a distraction. It's no more or less of a distraction than a touch screen radio in new cars, loud kids in the back seat, or gawking at someone who is hot on the side of the road. So don't blame texting, blame distractions (as I see Canada has done) and stupid people. And let's stress the stupid people [/QUOTE]

Wow ! Well I do agree with you that texting and fooling with the radio are all distractions and loud kids (my mom used to give us one warning, then pull over to the side of the road, yard each one of us out, smack us on the ****, then back in the car and we were behaved for at least a few more miles) so yep I agree with you there.

However I still think texting and talking on the cell phone is just asking for it. There are so many accessories out there to enable you to talk if you need to while driving so why take that chance
    06-26-11 12:40 PM
    Wow ! Well I do agree with you that texting and fooling with the radio are all distractions and loud kids (my mom used to give us one warning, then pull over to the side of the road, yard each one of us out, smack us on the ****, then back in the car and we were behaved for at least a few more miles) so yep I agree with you there.

However I still think texting and talking on the cell phone is just asking for it. There are so many accessories out there to enable you to talk if you need to while driving so why take that chance
    My mother would swat us while she drove. She wouldn't pull over. She'd pull out a ruler and go to town. Her car wasn't big enough for my sister and me to get out of the way, especially whoever was in the front seat.

Not everyone likes accessories to talk on. I have the headset that came w my CB but when I talk on it, people say I sound muffled if the mic isn't facing foward. I do use it when I'm at the gym since it's a stereo headset and it is useful if I've already got it on and get a call, but the wire get twisted in my necklace and my earrings and the BlueTooth devices I've used are crap.
    06-28-11 09:14 AM
    i am a pro at texting and driving....its not so hard
    06-28-11 09:19 AM
    I text and drive all the time. Every day, basically. Not only do I text and drive, I drive and read emails, check the weather, and plenty of other things my BB allows me to do while on the go. I'm not ashamed to admit it and I have no intentions of stopping anytime soon.

I think texting is a bull crap copout. I can, and do, text with my eyes on the road. I can, and do, see cars with brake lights in front of me and know where trees are. People have been getting into car accidents for a 100 years because they're bad drivers and just stupid. People have been hitting trees and getting rear ended long before cell phones and texting.

Texting is a distraction. It's no more or less of a distraction than a touch screen radio in new cars, loud kids in the back seat, or gawking at someone who is hot on the side of the road. So don't blame texting, blame distractions (as I see Canada has done) and stupid people. And let's stress the stupid people part.
    All of those things you're doing constitute distracted driving, whether you're hands-free or not, and they make you as risky on the road as a drunk driver. Maybe you don't care if you cause an accident but other drivers on the road do. And I'm sure your friends don't want to hear the sounds of you dying while you're on that last phone call.
    06-28-11 10:39 AM
    but you are the rare case... most people cannot text without looking at the phone. so.. since MOST cant.. im glad its illegal. I cant tell you how often I see people swerving around because they are texting (or even talking!) here in NY its illegal with big fines. About 4 years ago.. a car with 5 girls in it swerved head on into a mac track. Instant fireball, they all died. THIS is what I worry about.. not me, since i dont do it... but others who do.

KNOCK IT OFF and wait till you get somewhere you can do it safely.
    Appleluver23 likes this.
    06-28-11 10:46 AM
    Texting and driving is like carrying a loaded gun around. The chances of an accident doubles or triples when your hands are on it.
    Yo dude there are thousands of policemen with guns at their side but I don't think they have an accident killing someone and there lots of regular people with guns but they don't shoot unreasonably.... Bad comment

Yes texting and driving is terrible.....
    Many crashes happen due to this

Blackberry Themes And News
    Last edited by ichat; 06-28-11 at 12:03 PM.
    06-28-11 12:01 PM
    OK, I'm the OP on this thread and I'm really surprised an shocked by some of the responses. First off how does gun ownership/use parallel texting and driving in any way? Secondly, I'm really shocked to hear so many people actually brag and defend their right to text drive at the same time! I have to believe that (deep down) most reasonable people know how dangerous it really is. Playing w/the radio, eating, and kids are all directions... But texting while driving is a whole new ballgame people!!! You're focused on a small device in your hand and thinking about what you're writing! You may be highly skilled w/your device, but do you REALLY believe you're not distracted? Come on people... Every week I hear about accidents related to texting and driving. Where I live a bus driver plowed into a rail car killing 8 people! Guess what... He was texting! What's next? Pilots and surgeons? Weather your state/country has a law against it or not, just DON'T DO IT!... Please!

06-28-11 12:40 PM
    I'm astonished that some people take pride in driving and using a phone at the same time. Do you really think you're so much cleverer than the rest of us that you'll never have an accident?

It's been a big no-no in the UK now for a number of years though people still do it of course with delivery truck drivers probably being the worst offenders. If you get caught, you'll get a fine and could, under some circumstances, lose your driving licence. If you kill somebody (there's been several cases of this) you're looking at a good few years in prison to reflect on the consequences of your actions. Quite right too!
    06-28-11 01:05 PM
    I see people do this all the time! I don't think it's a problem if you're at a red like cause c'mon, it's a red light! Your car isn't moving, right? What makes me angry is when I see the cops doing it. Especially since I live in California. Cops talking and/or texting while driving is just wrong but I guess no one can stop them
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    06-28-11 04:14 PM
    What makes me angry is when I see the cops doing it. Especially since I live in California. Cops talking and/or texting while driving is just wrong but I guess no one can stop them
    Exactly. Who polices the police?

Physicial heal theyself!
    06-28-11 04:34 PM

I'm sure people who have been killed while texting and driving or killed others thought the same thing. It happens in an instant, and at that point it's too late. We feel we have control as long as everything is OK, but our reaction time is diminished. To be fair, there are many other things that can distract us too, including adjusting the radio or yelling at the kids. When we drive we are not alone, we are engaging in an activity with others, and must consider them as well as us.
    06-28-11 05:03 PM
    I can proudly admit that I can't text and drive. My brain just can't do it. I can't even talk on the phone and drive. I'm not ashamed to say that though and I don't think that I'm stupid. I'm proud that I can't do it cause then I would be like all the naive people who feel that they can do it better than everyone else and everyone is just over exaggerating. Also I'm not tempted to do it. Sadly I have friends that do it. It irritates me cause they know that its wrong and they do it anyways.
    06-28-11 07:40 PM
    I am, in no way shape or form, suggesting anyone drive while distracted. This includes texting. It's dangerous and is basically pure negligence.

My assertion isn't that driving while distracted is ok, it's that singling out texting is ridiculous. It's no more of a distraction than anything else and (to me) it's not any more or less important than anything else that distracts you.

07-01-11 09:09 PM
    I ride a motorcycle, and I'm more afraid of females (or males lol) applying make-up.. How can your eye be on the road if you're stabbing at it with an eyeliner...
    07-01-11 09:47 PM
    I am, in no way shape or form, suggesting anyone drive while distracted. This includes texting. It's dangerous and is basically pure negligence.

My assertion isn't that driving while distracted is ok, it's that singling out texting is ridiculous. It's no more of a distraction than anything else and (to me) it's not any more or less important than anything else that distracts you.

It's not that it's more of a distraction. Texting and driving is one of the 'newest' distractions. Also at this point, there are still a lot of people who feel that it isn't really bad unlike other things like drinking and driving where most people agree that it's wrong.
    07-01-11 10:59 PM
    I text while im drunk when driving. its not that hard...
    07-01-11 11:08 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD