If you do it... You really need to stop! Get real! Driving Rule #1: KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD! Every day I see people everywhere driving and texting at the same time. The other day, a guy driving behind me almost rammed into me... He looked up at the last second and just "slammed on his brakes!" Jeeez! I like to message as much as anyone, but come on now... Texting while driving is just not cool BB users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 12:15 PM
    amen

as was said many times before - texting and driving...it can wait.
    06-21-11 12:21 PM
    Texting and driving is like carrying a loaded gun around. The chances of an accident doubles or triples when your hands are on it.
    06-21-11 01:14 PM
    Texting and driving is like carrying a loaded gun around. The chances of an accident doubles or triples when your hands are on it.
    I take offense to the gun comment. I've had my concealed carry permit now going on 12 years and I've yet to have an "accident." Millions of other people have their CCPs and don't have accidents. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean you'll kill someone.

Yes, texting and driving is bad. Anything that takes your eyes off the road is bad including changing radio stations, settling a dispute in the backseat amongst your children, not wearing your seatbelt, looking for something in the glove box, applying makeup or reaching for something. We should all be mindful that when we're driving, we aren't out there on roller skates. We are driving enormous, heavy lethal weapons.
    06-21-11 01:21 PM
    No not really.

I take offense to the gun comment. I've had my concealed carry permit now going on 12 years and I've yet to have an "accident." Millions of other people have their CCPs and don't have accidents. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean you'll kill someone.
    It's a stupid comment, clearly!
    06-21-11 01:27 PM
    Russian roulette in the 21st century. It's not IF, it's WHEN this will be a disaster in someone else life (and yours).

Life is full of choices, if you make good choices. Otherwise someone will have a bad day
    06-21-11 01:33 PM
    What about sending and receiving emails on my PlayBook?

Just kidding.

I see so much of this down here in South Florida and the politicians keep talking about doing something to make the kids stop but more and more adults do it. But then again we don't even have a hands free cell phone law.
    06-21-11 01:38 PM
    Quote: [I take offense to the gun comment. I've had my concealed carry permit now going on 12 years and I've yet to have an "accident." Millions of other people have their CCPs and don't have accidents. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean you'll kill someone.]

You see the analogy is if it's out of the holster, being handled, etc. Leave it in the holster and you're OK.
    Last edited by diffused; 06-21-11 at 02:19 PM.
    06-21-11 01:55 PM
    I am in the Safety Dept of a large Public transit system and it is the same preformance as driving drunk when texting. We constantly have regular car drivers bouncing off our buses becase of Texting or distractions. Pay attention folks or pay the price!
    Be Safe
    06-21-11 02:03 PM
    Quote: [I take offense to the gun comment. I've had my concealed carry permit now going on 12 years and I've yet to have an "accident." Millions of other people have their CCPs and don't have accidents. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean you'll kill someone.]

You see the analogy is if it's out of the holster, being handled, etc. Leave it in the holster and you're OK.
    Again, not analogous.

Texting + Target shooting, yes. Simply carrying a gun, nope.
    06-21-11 02:23 PM

I see it, but it's still not right. If you know how to properly handle one, you're fine.

Now as far as a cell phone in a holster, yes. Kinda hard to text when my S2 is in my Otterbox clipped to my visor. It's safe. I'm safe.
    06-21-11 02:27 PM
    This was a bad choice of analogy. The chance of a gun accident is unchanged if the user is properly trained and follows correct procedure. Text-while-drive is an unsafe diversion of attention in any circumstances.

Remember why they are called "cell phones". That's where you will end up if you cause death or injury by using one while driving.
    06-21-11 04:37 PM
    Since this is a Blackberry forum, let's call texting (on a Blackberry) while driving "Canadian Roulette" :P

06-22-11 03:23 AM
    Please don't text and drive.

One of my friends was recently hurt from someone who was on the phone while driving.

No school for a year sounds great unless you can't see friends for forever.

06-22-11 05:39 AM
    I was at a stop light a few weeks back and a car was coming behind me- and kept coming - and kept coming until finally the girl looked up from texting to realize she was about to rear end me. She stopped within mere inches to spare (I drive and F250 diesel and could only see half her windshield in my rear view mirror). As I was pulling away I lugged on the ol powerstroke and left her a big cloud of black smoke to chew on. Maybe next time she will pay attention.
    Last edited by mjs416; 06-22-11 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Speeling
    06-22-11 05:57 AM
    A woman where I work hit a tree head on. Months later when she came back to work in a wheelchair. I asked her what happened and she said I guess texting and driving wasn't such a good idea.
    06-22-11 06:20 AM
    She should have been charged with TWD-texting will driving and treat it the same as a DUI.

06-22-11 07:23 PM
    Not to start a sex debaten but most times I see a driver texting, 7 times out of 10 it is a woman. On my commute to work I always end up behind a slow driver. When I change lanes and peek into their car, they are texting. I can understand a quick stop light text but it is so dangerous.

I guess to some, it is more important to update their twitter....

Just driving to wo..... Opps just got into an accident

06-22-11 08:01 PM
    Texting and driving is just plain stupid. I hate when I'm driving and I see someone texting and their car starts to swerve to the other side of traffic. It irritates me so much. About two years ago there was a girl who went to the same high school as me who died after texting and driving. She was texting and driving and was hit by a semi-truck. Every time I think about that accident I think about how there is NO conversation that is more important then my life or the life of others.
    06-22-11 08:43 PM
    Truly speaking, there is a time for everything and when you are driving you should have no time for texting or fooling around with your phone, or makeup or your tie. When on the road, you should be concerned about your safety and the safety of others.
    06-23-11 05:37 AM
    Am I the only person who has the b@lls to admit I've done this? Or am I the only person out of the entire forum who does it?
    I'm not writing War and Peace, mind, but I do look at and if necessary respond to BBM while sitting in traffic on the Beltway or out on Rte 7.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 06-23-11 at 06:20 AM.
    06-23-11 06:15 AM
    Am I the only person who has the b@lls to admit I've done this? Or am I the only person out of the entire forum who does it?
    I'm not writing War and Peace, but I do respond to BBM.

I think you're the only one with the b@lls to admit it. I must say I wait until I can pull over if it is something I was expecting and need to respond. Otherwise it can wait until I get home or stopped somewhere. I have done it at a red light but as soon as it changes I'm done.
    06-23-11 06:20 AM
    Oooofff, you answered while I was adding a few details.
    When you're on the Beltway between 3:30 and 6:30, you're NOT moving!!!
    And out near home, really, the only thing around is the occasional suicidal deer.

06-23-11 06:23 AM
    Distrated driving law in Alberta to take affect on September 1st. See the links below. I think there are going to be a lot of hands-free devices purchased.

Government of Alberta Ministry of Transportation: Bill 16 - Distracted Driving Legislation
    Last edited by meierjn; 06-23-11 at 06:40 AM.
    06-23-11 06:38 AM
    Oooofff, you answered while I was adding a few details.
    When you're on the Beltway between 3:30 and 6:30, you're NOT moving!!!
    And out near home, really, the only thing around is the occasional suicidal deer.

Well not moving I wouldn't consider driving lol. But please be careful, I'm sure the lady at work thought the same thing when the tree popped up in front of her. We don't want to see anything happen to you or those suicidal deer, sometimes they can be avoided too but sometimes not as they are there before you know it even when paying attention.
    06-23-11 06:45 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD