i am finally starting to understand my new black berry. however the texting is still complex to me although i'm sure its fairly easy. what are the steps in the process?
    02-20-09 09:22 PM
    sms/mms icon or messages icon - menu button, compose sms text - pick from your address book list or USE ONCE if its someone not on the list - type your message - push the ball in, send. There are a few ways to do send a text. This is only one way.

I use the SMS.MMS icon on my home screen so I just hit the ball 2 times, pick the name, type what I want, hit the ball again and send.
    02-20-09 09:33 PM
    You go to your messages icon/SMS icon > Menu Button > Compose SMS > Contacts Name > Type your Message > Press Trackball Twice.
    02-20-09 09:33 PM
    thankx4 the help. also when it comes to texting. if i text some1 in another city will it cost me long distance. i'm assuming it will just making sure.
    02-20-09 10:16 PM
    No. There are no long distance charges associated with cellphone usage, only minutes used.

The only charges you can accrue by texting is a fee for each text if you have not opted to have texting included in your plan.

Is this your first cellphone?
    02-20-09 10:19 PM
    It won't! Text anybody in the country (maybe the world, someone confirm) and it all gets charged the same.
    02-20-09 10:20 PM
    Maybe you should check out this thread. It has a lot of useful tips/info.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...lecture+series
    02-20-09 10:22 PM
    Can go into options when in your messages and click combine for meashes setup to have 1 icon for email and txt/mms which is what I do which makes it easier to get to everything

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 10:26 PM
    No. There are no long distance charges associated with cellphone usage, only minutes used.

The only charges you can accrue by texting is a fee for each text if you have not opted to have texting included in your plan.

Is this your first cellphone?
    I was wondering the same thing lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 10:29 PM
    thankyou for the information. this is my first phone so i'm still getting the hang of it starting to figure it out also now.
    02-20-09 10:34 PM
    No worries just ask your questions but I do think it would benefit you to read the newbies section up top. It helped me a ton when I got my first BB. Good luck
    02-20-09 10:37 PM
    I figured this was your first cellphone

This is why many people forgo home phones and you will find many people with out of town area codes. Cell phones eliminate the worry of a long distance call, so I can call anyone across the nation for free, until my minutes run out (or if you have a variation of an unlimited plan).

It's nice to not have to worry about things like that anymore
    02-20-09 10:46 PM
    It won't! Text anybody in the country (maybe the world, someone confirm) and it all gets charged the same.
    Most domestic carriers do not support international texting but you always have to refer to that small fine print in your agreement to verify this.

One nice feature of the Blackberry, if you are communicating with another Blackberry device, you can either send a PIN message or use Blackberry Messenger with no additional costs. These 2 services are exclusive to Blackberry users that have an established BIS/BES account. They also included international communications as well.
    02-20-09 10:52 PM
    thankx alot for the help. also where do u guys go to get free ring tones or do u generally buy them?
    02-20-09 11:02 PM
    Ringtones are available here in crackberry. Free too!
    02-20-09 11:04 PM
    Zedge.net, here at crackberry, tuneusin.com and myxer.com. I prefer zedge.
    02-20-09 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD