Hi, this is my first time actually making a post on here but I got a question. Today I was in NYC for a mets game and as an average 15 y/o, love to text. Now normally, Ill send and recieve about 50-300 texts a day and still have enough battery to last me 2 days. But today, I had my blackberry fully charged and sent/recieve 300-450 texts and my batter was practically depleted. I know texting does deplete the battery, but is the amount that i sent/recieved enough to deplete it that much? Or should I buy a new battery?
    08-16-09 07:04 PM
    Thats alot of texting "300-450", I guess part would depend on if you was constansly typing and sending as fast as you could cause that would be draining the battery pretty heavy.
    I get around 150 texts a day geting text messages more then sending text messages and surf , check weather , card game,etc and my battery last a couple of days .
    But if I do get texting steady for while( maybe 200 hundred to "maybe" 300 messages in a day and that would be alot for me ) and constansly typing, deleting old messages as i send new messages and etc yes it does drain battery faster .
    I would just compair now it did in a "normal day" now and see if it was the same before I rushed out to buy a new battery and might not need one .Since you admit that was a heavy texting day even for you , lol

PS: This is just my personal opinion tho , ,of course I don't know how old the battery you have is either
    Last edited by DavidNC; 08-16-09 at 07:27 PM. Reason: added PS stuff
    08-16-09 07:19 PM
    Actually that makes sense because I could have a power texting day and the battery will drain more than usual for me so I'm gonna bet that is the cause but it surely can't hurt to test that theory out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 07:25 PM
    I carry an extra battery with me in my purse...call me paranoid
    08-16-09 07:40 PM
    Keep this in mind too....if it was isolated remember if your in a lower than average signal area your phone is working harder to send and receive and that's gonna kill the battery....a stadium is a lot of metal and wood and structure..I work in a bomb proof building and during workdays my phone burns battery much faster
    Last edited by larrygump; 08-16-09 at 10:39 PM.
    08-16-09 08:56 PM
    Yeah my battery does the same when I am always on BBM!
    08-16-09 09:53 PM
    streaming music is a killer too......
    08-16-09 10:40 PM
    blackberry bold 9000 it is really good for texting , and it really last long!
    08-17-09 03:00 AM
    Yeah as a matter of fact that could have a lot to do with it being in that stadium it was probably fighting for signal for a big chunk of the day. I know that when I'm at work in the basement that I work in, I get a very weak signal and it surely does its jub of draining my battery!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 03:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD