Ok so I'm on my second day with a blackberry, I have the cruve 3330 with Verizon. If I want to text do i just use the sms text option or the mms? I'm guessing I should use sms but I'm not sure. Thanks for the help
    02-22-09 07:20 PM
    SMS is short for Simple Messaging Service (or short), and is used for text messages.

MMS is short for multimedia messaging service and is used to send picture/video messages. Also can use this if you want to go over 160 characters in one text.
    02-22-09 07:25 PM
    SMS is a standard text message. MMS is a picture message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 07:26 PM
    First of all.. Congrats on ur new Blackberry. I am assuming you have the 8330.. and Yes, to just txt you would use SMS.. MMS is for Pictures, Voice clips, Etc..
    02-22-09 07:27 PM
    SMS is short for Simple Messaging Service (or short), and is used for text messages.

MMS is short for multimedia messaging service and is used to send picture/video messages. Also can use this if you want to go over 160 characters in one text.
    Ahhhh, that's the trick for getting more than 160 characters!! Damn, I'm definitely using this from now on! Wish I knew this months ago, hahaha.
    02-22-09 07:28 PM
    seems that your question has been answered .....
    so with that congrats on ya new berry and be sure to visit the newbie section
    02-22-09 07:49 PM
    One caveat, some people's plans won't accept MMS, so you probably can't use it for everyone.

02-22-09 08:05 PM
    One caveat, some people's plans won't accept MMS, so you probably can't use it for everyone.

Sprint for example does not support MMS, but the other 3 of the big 4 do, ATT, Verizon and Tmo. Also with BBs you can send free PIN messages (like text SMS messages) to any other BB user as long as you know their PIN (check the PIN exchange in the Social Forums). And they are free EVEN to those in other countries. SMS & MMS messages are usually more expensive if you exchange them with those from other countries, EVEN if you have a text plan. Check with your provider for full rate info.
    02-22-09 08:15 PM
    can someone please tell me how to send/forward messages to several people. I have a BB Pearl and I can only send messages to one person at a time.
    03-19-09 10:35 AM
    While in the message, hit the Menu button and select "Add TO:" or "Add CC:". You should be able to add more contacts that way.
    03-19-09 10:39 AM
    I wish you could send a text to more than 10 people at a time.
    03-19-09 12:02 PM
    Thanks so much
    03-19-09 12:02 PM
    Also can use this if you want to go over 160 characters in one text.
    sorry if im a little off-topic but thats awesome..i never knew you could do that - thanks!
    Last edited by jayllea; 03-19-09 at 12:16 PM.
    03-19-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD