Verizon does NOT have a max of 160. I previously had an envy where I could type up to 7 pages of 160 characters and it would receive to people on verizon as 1 message. However, their 8330 curve does stop at 160, and doesn't even provide you with an option of breaking up the texts. Another Verizon blackberry limiter.
    The Sprint flavor of the 8330 has the same limitation. My previous BB (8320 on TMO) had what others have posted. The ability to type a message longer than 160 characters, the recipient received multiple messages.

For me, if I have something longer that I want to say, I send them an email. No limit there and gets delivered about as fast.
    11-19-08 06:57 AM
    If the recipient has a BlackBerry, you can use pin messaging. Pins are sent as data and have no character limit, but only work bb-to-bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Does this count as an actual text message when you get the cell bill?
    11-19-08 07:16 AM
    Does this count as an actual text message when you get the cell bill?
    No, it's included in your data usage.

11-19-08 07:20 AM
    No, it's included in your data usage.

Cool. Thanks.
    11-19-08 07:21 AM
    I will call bs on the fact that it was received as 1 message...
    I really have no reason to lie. My girlfriend and I used to swap long messages all the time and it was readable in one text message. There's also several other users who talked about the same thing. So I hope your confidence level has just decreased, because you are wrong.
    11-19-08 12:33 PM
    Mine caps me out at 160 as well on Sprint. On my Motorola Q that I just got rid of I could go on for 100 pages and they would just get split up. It's really annoying on the Curve that I can't go longer
    11-30-08 04:02 PM
    We know that bb's on GSM networks allow automatic splitting of texts and bb's on CDMA networks do not. If you're on a CDMA network, just keep typing til you reach the limit, then compose another text and start where you left off.
    11-30-08 04:24 PM
    Hi all, The hint is in the Sms as previously stated, I realise that some people dont have mms or email so in that case its down to loads of texts, or gasp!! speaking to them :-)
    11-30-08 04:50 PM
    We know that bb's on GSM networks allow automatic splitting of texts and bb's on CDMA networks do not. If you're on a CDMA network, just keep typing til you reach the limit, then compose another text and start where you left off.

That sucks...Why limit CDMA BB?

And its not a Sprint limitation suase i was also able to send over 160 character sms w/ my WM Moto Q9c....
    11-30-08 07:38 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD