I'm surprised no one has mentioned my personal biggest pet peeve yet.

"Wat." I effing HATE "wat." I don't even know where the **** this started or why. I mean, are kids THAT afraid of the H key? Does it really save THAT much time by omitting ONE effing letter? I want to strangle anyone who says "wat" directed toward me.

That, & people who uses q in place of g, especially if it's used in 2s & along w/ other misspelled words. Like "lookinqq for a gud tym."

Seriously, I would think that people would have to think harder & make more effort to think of ways to butcher words than it would to just write it out normally!
    05-18-11 01:11 PM
    Another thing that bothers me is people who talk so loud so their conversation is being heard. I don't need to hear your business. It is so annoying.
    Or the person that uses a Nextel phone of the 2-way and has no idea that their is a privacy feature. They just hold it in front of them and yell into it.
    05-18-11 01:30 PM
    YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!? I hate people that say "ty" when you do some sort of favour for them. If you're too lazy to thank me properly, then I may be too lazy to help you next time. The same applies for "sry" and "plz" (I've also seen plenty of "pl0x", what the heck is that all about?"). This is disgraceful. Sigh.

By the way, you're not alone, Tonis. I disabled my Facebook account a while ago. It was useless and annoying to have with over 300 friends, most of which you never talk to or only met once and don't ever intend on meeting again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 01:35 PM
    I always typed full words when I had a standard mobile phone so the transition was easy.
    Same here.. I was just saying that I was realizing others may have not done so. Honestly it wasnt until I got this pkaybook that i started relaxing my standards for punctuation.. its just too much of a pain...
    05-18-11 01:38 PM
    Dude.
    I'm 17 and I think the most annoying thing is wen ppl tlk lyke ths.
    I mean really. Most people have unlimited text and if you don't just use a freaking computer.

The most annoying is stuff like "lyke" and "ur"
    LIKE AND LYKE HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF LETTERS.

But its called 1337 Spe4k. (Elite Speak). It annoys me to death.
    Ur is only 2 letters less. your will not take much longer than ur.
    Thanks, Dude!
    05-18-11 01:38 PM
    I'll say this, if my kid's teacher allows them to use textspeak, I'm gonna have murder charges against me! We have a PROPER ENGLISH LANGUAGE, and I will press for that! Only time I ever shorten words is if using full English will draw me one or 2 letters over. I think for 1 or 2 letters over, you might as well contract 1 or 2 letters. If typing it all is going to bring me a fair wedge into another message, then I keep it full.
    05-18-11 01:46 PM
    YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!? I hate people that say "ty" when you do some sort of favour for them. If you're too lazy to thank me properly, then I may be too lazy to help you next time. The same applies for "sry" and "plz" (I've also seen plenty of "pl0x", what the heck is that all about?"). This is disgraceful. Sigh.

By the way, you're not alone, Tonis. I disabled my Facebook account a while ago. It was useless and annoying to have with over 300 friends, most of which you never talk to or only met once and don't ever intend on meeting again.

I also deleted my Facebook account over a year ago. I had no desire to be a "friend" of my next-door-neighbor's second cousin, nor did I wish to play Farmville.

The folks who really are my family members and friends have my email address, phone number, IM, or PIN.
    05-18-11 01:55 PM
    pwned and even owned is annoying.
    05-18-11 02:22 PM
    pwned and even owned is annoying.
    Those expressions actually have their origins in the hacker community, not text messaging.
    05-18-11 02:25 PM
    All of the above is about the lost of etiquette, respect in the world we live today. Rudeness and lack of politeness are the new trend. I don't have the time, too busy, could'nt care less and so on are today's catch phrases.
    05-18-11 03:26 PM
    ...this whole thread has me ROTFLMAO!
    05-18-11 04:13 PM
    I'm also a teen (17), and I have never typed like that anywhere since I've been able to use a computer. I don't care if its a formal essay or a text message, grammar was my favorite subject in Elementary. The only time I'll shorten my words is if I'm in a hurry to text someone (like telling someone to wait). I can't stand bad grammar and/or "text" speak, its definitely a pet peeve of mine. It's not hard and it doesn't take any longer. Even there, they're, and their - I can't stand when people mix those up.

"get over it old man" - Haha, found that pretty funny.

"I find it very hard to read and actually have to think about what I'm reading seeing as you have to decipher what was supposed to be written correctly. " - I always say this myself! No one should have to decipher your writing, grow up.

Anyway, just do what you do and skip the posts. It's not your fault and these people do, unfortunately, exist (no offense to anyone who might speak like this). But in the end its their loss because they won't receive the help you could have provided. :)
    05-18-11 04:24 PM
    Those expressions actually have their origins in the hacker community, not text messaging.
    I know the original but it is still annoying.

Although I do like "meh" and using html code for fun like "/sarcasm"
    05-18-11 04:26 PM
    ...this whole thread has me ROTFLMFAO!
    Here I fixed it for you.

05-18-11 04:27 PM
    Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the recent posting of kids(under the age of 20 in my eyes), It's like no one went to school and learned the English language, everyone speaks and types in text speak nowadays. u = you, n = and, 2 = to, too or two?, and so on, and so forth. I personally find it very annoying, The worst part is when they come to these forums and type like that. If you try and point out that it makes them look like children that don't know the English language, they get all defensive and say things like "this is how I talk", "its faster to type this way", "get over it old man". Text speak belongs in a text message not on a forum or in the real world where it just makes you look like an imbecile.

I tend to skip over posts that are written like this as I find it very hard to read and actually have to think about what I'm reading seeing as you have to decipher what was supposed to be written correctly.

So is it just me or does anyone else find this trend to very annoying and an insult to the English language?

Get with it "grandpa"... learn it or b l3ft b3hInd... lol.

It's just the times changing really.. Different generations have their "niche".. the 80s had rock. 90s had internet. 2000s have "text-language".
    05-18-11 04:37 PM
    most NHL players are White while most NBA players are Black..
    so what exactly are you saying?
    I am not speaking for the poster that you commented on, but my guess is that he was referring to the fact that the Majority of the NHL is Canadian, while the NBA is mostly people from the US.
    05-18-11 05:07 PM
    Most of you don't put commas in the correct place.
    Last edited by sandsjh; 05-18-11 at 05:20 PM. Reason: To annoy you.
    05-18-11 05:09 PM
    But its called 1337 Spe4k. (Elite Speak). It annoys me to death.
    Except there's nothing Elite about it, it's just for braindead punks to try and like they're cool and stuff, like how they wear their pants halfway down their ***, shirts down to their knees and hoodies up over their baseball caps. It's downright pathetic and I laugh in the face of anyone who laughs/acts like that.
    05-18-11 07:39 PM
    The worst thing that happened to the youth is weed!

/s

05-19-11 01:08 AM
    Yeah, cuz marijuana poisoning kills so many kids, and so many dui's are from weed use. All those drunken fights and drunken sex, that's from weed. When shoplifting occurs, it's weed that's stolen.
    I think you're confusing pot with another drug that for some reason is more socially acceptable than other less harmful ones.

05-19-11 01:16 AM
    actually each generation has their own features, the guys born in 80s,or 90s have no way to understand those born in 70s. vice versa!
    so facing these conflicts we should try to figure them out, accept and then use them!
    this is the trends of the Age!
    take it easy!
    05-19-11 01:51 AM
    Cases like that have become rampant in people among ALL age brackets here in the Philippines. There are millions of them and the people who hate them are growing in numbers. So in most of our local forums, speaking that way results in getting banned. The rule has something like "your computer has a keyboard, don't treat it like a phone" in it.
    05-19-11 05:17 AM
    Its informative one provides a lots of information on topic also provide more data on topic.
    05-19-11 07:11 AM
    My brother was telling me just this morning that his 18 year old son had 11,000 texts last month!! That's insane. I'd take the damn thing away from him or make him pay the bills each month. Now my brother is talking about giving him a credit card for when he goes off to university. A parenting mistake IMHO.
    05-19-11 10:56 AM
    My brother was telling me just this morning that his 18 year old son had 11,000 texts last month!! That's insane. I'd take the damn thing away from him or make him pay the bills each month. Now my brother is talking about giving him a credit card for when he goes off to university. A parenting mistake IMHO.
    Unlimited texting doesn't mean it's gonna be expensive. It may be as little as twenty bucks. As far as a credit card, oh boy that may be a dumb move. Make sure it has a low limit then.
    05-19-11 11:04 AM
116 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD