I was looking through the forum for solutions / discussion on text messaging lag. I didn't really come up with anything satisfying.

Can someone kindly explain why I'm waiting 40 seconds for a text message to load? I can barely communicate with someone. I have to keep the text message box open so it can load. So I'm stuck there staring at a blank screen while the text box loads.

My phone was lagging before, so I did a full factory reset. Two days in, and it's lagging again. I don't understand. There are no files on this phone, my email is only synced to 7 days, I only have one text message convo and a few bbms, maybe a handful of apps. Yet the text messaging and the browser lag. So. Freaking. Much.

How is this supposed to beat android and iPhone? I wanna switch so bad but I can't..two years left on contract. So while I'm stuck here, let's find a solution or two to this ha?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 12:24 PM
    What's your OS? It used to do that to me too on older versions. I have 10.2.1.1925 and for the most part, the text messages lag is gone.

I recommend you to update if you have not done so yet.
    01-15-14 02:13 PM
    It's updated. 10.2.0.429

I'm not going to do a leak.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 02:24 PM
    I'm not going to do a leak.
    well then don't complain ,

once your carrier releases the final product your problems are solved, but as we all know you could be waiting for a bit depending on your carrier of course.
    01-15-14 02:33 PM
    You're really missing out. I had huge text lags on 10.2

Just make the jump, it's so easy and worth it you have no idea.
    01-15-14 02:35 PM
    But that's not how it's supposed to be. I paid full retail for this brick, I shouldn't have to rely on leaked operating systems to make it function.

Posted via CB10
    propeller10 and jason9900 like this.
    01-15-14 03:12 PM
    But that's not how it's supposed to be. I paid full retail for this brick, I shouldn't have to rely on leaked operating systems to make it function.

Posted via CB10
    Very true, some people just have more patience I guess and don't rely on their phone down to seconds of waiting times. Good luck on your search for the perfect device and I hope if you do venture away keep BBRY in your sites as we are all hoping that with JC at the helm the future will be bright!!

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD

Pst...I just bought the iPhone 5s gold ...so far love it, and has run flawlessly since I turned it on.
    01-15-14 04:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Could be the phone, get it replaced, every phone has issues!

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 05:39 PM
    Could be the phone, get it replaced, every phone has issues!

Posted via CB10
    Not in this case it definitely isn't "the phone"
    01-15-14 06:09 PM
    Every phone, every OS has problems. Luckly on CB you can find solutions: it is YOUR choice not to try to solve the problem. I have got some lag issues(not 40 sec..) also but I do not want this time to go leak. My choice to wait so I do not complain.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 06:57 PM
    Leaks are called leaks because they are not supposed to be available to public. Asking OP to load a leak to solve his problems is not a great idea especially with all the bugs people encounter after installation.
    01-15-14 07:47 PM
    This thread is so frustrating!!!

Why are people being sarcastic to the OP and telling him to load leaks and defending lag saying no phone is perfect?

Ummmmmmm texting lag? Calling someone impatient because they can't deal with text lag is so dumb. That's a huge problem.

OP I too have text lag but not for that long. But it's definitely a lot slower than iPhone and android. BlackBerry needs to fix this

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 09:18 PM
    The only solution I've had to texting lag is to delete really long conversation threads. I find those are the ones that cause the slowdown.

As for the browser, I've found that ever since 10.2, it has lagged especially when minimising and maximising to and from the active frame. Hopefully this improves with 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 09:38 PM
    This thread is so frustrating!!!

Why are people being sarcastic to the OP and telling him to load leaks and defending lag saying no phone is perfect?

Ummmmmmm texting lag? Calling someone impatient because they can't deal with text lag is so dumb. That's a huge problem.

OP I too have text lag but not for that long. But it's definitely a lot slower than iPhone and android. BlackBerry needs to fix this

Posted via CB10
    They have fixed it. In the leaked OS.

CB10 via Verizon Z10. 10.2.1.1925
    BB_Junky likes this.
    01-15-14 10:02 PM