i used to have the blackberry curve 8830 and when i would receive texts they would show up in the sms app as individual texts. now i have the tour and instead of getting individual texts they are sorted by the name of the sender.

its hard to explain but does anyone know what im trying to say?
    07-12-10 09:00 PM
    You are experiencing 'threaded' text messaging. It's what we've been waiting over a year for. Don't like it?
    07-12-10 09:40 PM
    Ya, most people who have posted over the past year have complained bitterly that the OS *didn't* support threded text messaging. It's very much like BBM in many respects.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-12-10 10:02 PM
    yeah i dont like it. is there any way to change it back?
    07-12-10 10:07 PM
    Not without reverting to an older OS. I will admit, it takes a little getting-used-to. Give a month or so, it'll grow on you. I like it! It keeps my conversations contiguous and specific messages rather easy to find.
    Last edited by RegE; 07-12-10 at 10:57 PM.
    07-12-10 10:17 PM
    eh o well. i guess youre right
    07-12-10 10:42 PM
    Hi guys,

I just got my BB 9700 a week ago. After a few days of satisfactory use, I did an update through the BlackBerry Manager on my laptop, it did lots of updates on most of the softwares on the phone.

after rebooting the phone, i noticed all the sms' had been packed into 1, that is all sms' i have received from different people where packed into one thread with just one person's name on top of it.

I deleted it, sent an sms to a friend, but when i received an sms from another person, it came into the same thread with the previous person.

bottom line is, it packs all sms' sent and received into just 1 thread, irrespective of who the recepient or sender is.

please can any one help me with this, because i always have to delete any sms i receive to accommodate another one and of course to see who sent the sms.

Thanks a lot guys.

Regards,

Jimohesq
    07-12-10 11:42 PM
    Hi guys,

I just got my BB 9700 a week ago. After a few days of satisfactory use, I did an update through the BlackBerry Manager on my laptop, it did lots of updates on most of the softwares on the phone.

after rebooting the phone, i noticed all the sms' had been packed into 1, that is all sms' i have received from different people where packed into one thread with just one person's name on top of it.

I deleted it, sent an sms to a friend, but when i received an sms from another person, it came into the same thread with the previous person.

bottom line is, it packs all sms' sent and received into just 1 thread, irrespective of who the recepient or sender is.

please can any one help me with this, because i always have to delete any sms i receive to accommodate another one and of course to see who sent the sms.

Thanks a lot guys.

Regards,

Jimohesq
    07-12-10 11:43 PM
    Welcome to CB! What device? What OS? Did you have threaded messaging prior to you updating?
    07-13-10 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD