Hey I just got a new Blackberry Curve 8330 and I was wondering if anyone knows a way for the screen on my phone to light up when I recieve a text message. The only thing that shows that I have a message is a blinking red light. Appreciate the help, thanks!
    02-21-09 10:47 AM
    It does not happen by default on blackberries (one of my pet peeves) you can try to google bblight which is an application that has the ability to light up your screen in certain situations. I have not used it so I am not certain if lighting up the screen on text is one of the options. Good luck, I am sure someone who has tried can confirm this.
    02-21-09 11:21 AM
    from my experience with the BB the screen doesnt light up when you get anything except a call. I actually like that because ppl wont be in your business at all cause ur screen is still blank.
    02-21-09 11:21 AM
    The berry flip lights up screen and shows message preview immediately when you get any sort of message but as for curve if I recall it did not. Try the google bblight app suggested in above post or check crackberry app store for something maybe?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 01:07 PM
    Trem's suggestion is the best one. BBLight is a 3rd party app that lights up your screen for when you receive messages.

If you decide to get it, I'd do a search on the forums for threads with reviews about it and see if the app has caused any sorts of problems for anyone.
    02-21-09 01:48 PM
    Google peekawho for BB. it pops up with a screen giving you what part of the messages says and for emails you can delete w/o going through you inbox.
    02-21-09 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD