Haha, no problem. It was early and I hadn't had coffee yet. It actually sounded like something I would say, but I'm trying to be very nice whenever I defend Android on here. I just went back to Swiftkey Flow this week from Swype. I like this version better than the last. My last BB was a 9700 and I thought that I had to have a physical keyboard, like many users. I think most people will get used to the virtual keyboard quickly and never turn back.
    02-08-13 07:05 AM
    I almost always use Swype one-handed.

I hope to see Flow on BBRY touchscreen devices as well. There is a reason Swiftkey is getting into swipe typing: they see how effective it is.
    ubizmo likes this.
    02-08-13 07:13 AM
    I almost always use Swype one-handed.

I hope to see Flow on BBRY touchscreen devices as well. There is a reason Swiftkey is getting into swipe typing: they see how effective it is.
    I'm starting to feel like a complete spastic about this. I have to hold the phone in my left hand and Swype with my right index finger. Very fast and accurate. But if I hold the phone in my right hand and Swype with my right thumb, it's a train wreck.
    02-08-13 10:03 AM
    I was like that too at first. After thinking about it, I type the way you do a lot also. I guess that using 2 hands is easier but using one hand just takes some getting used to
    02-08-13 10:09 AM
    I'm starting to feel like a complete spastic about this. I have to hold the phone in my left hand and Swype with my right index finger. Very fast and accurate. But if I hold the phone in my right hand and Swype with my right thumb, it's a train wreck.
    LOL. I do that as well. To be fair, I do one handed a lot to reply to short texts, but when relaxed, two handed makes me VERY accurate.
    02-08-13 10:18 PM
    I don't question anybody's ability to type fast on a touch screen, but I am IT Admin at my job, amid other things, and I use numbers and symbols a lot. I can't imagine a touch keyboard could ever replace that, because I don't know how you'd do that with Swype, and it seems like if you take away Swype then touch screen is almost always second place.
    02-09-13 02:57 PM
    I don't question anybody's ability to type fast on a touch screen, but I am IT Admin at my job, amid other things, and I use numbers and symbols a lot. I can't imagine a touch keyboard could ever replace that, because I don't know how you'd do that with Swype, and it seems like if you take away Swype then touch screen is almost always second place.
    Fair point (re: numbers and symbols). With Swype, you can tap and hold, our use the symbol key. I'm fairly fast on Swiftkey though.

Swype does even up the playing field for me.
    02-09-13 03:38 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD