the blackberrycurve8320 UI is hopelessly opaque almost as useless as thae manual

does blackberry have a uk help line?
    how do i send a texxt message?
    02-08-09 06:44 AM
    Have you tried going to your message list and pressing the BlackBerry key (MenuKey)? Then select "Compose SMS Text". MenuKey is your friend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 06:55 AM
    There's an easy way to send the text too once you have composed it, just quickly double click the BB button, that's the one with the blackberry symbol on it. That button is your BEST friend. Most places you are on the phone when you press the BB button it brings up a menu with all the options you can select for the app.
    02-08-09 09:33 AM
    i can't tell which button does what

at least my old motorola was clear and easy to use the main screen had messages on one side and contacts on the other the blackberr is useless by comparison

i can't go on the internet with it- I'm get very p'd off with it

the blackberry website is so cluttered with irrelevant ads that it is useless

i feel like binning the damn thing
    my advice to anyone is DON'T get a blackberry
    02-08-09 10:17 AM
    The button to the left of the trackball is the menu button. the one on the right of the trackball is the back button. To compose text go to your messages folder hit the menu key select compose text. Select either use once or hit the first letter of the person if they are in your address book. When done hit the trackball once. it will show send hit it again and viola.
    02-08-09 10:24 AM
    Perhaps this will help you some. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    What internet issues are you having? Are we talking about an 8830 or an 8320?
    02-08-09 10:31 AM
    02-08-09 11:04 AM
    I see people struggling all the time when they switch to a smartphone (or switch between smartphones with different OS's). It happens all the time at work You get used to a certain way of doing things and think everything should work in the same manner. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), this rarely holds true. I always suggest new users sit down with the device in hand and the manual in front of them. Maybe a beer/wine/whatever on the side (just one - not a six pack, and only of course if you are of legal drinking age). Then just go through the basics of how to move around the phone, what things look like, etc. Do it soon after getting the device so you don't get put into a situation where you urgently need to do something with the device and get frustrated because of time constraints and such. (My customers usually appreciate the beer/wine suggestion. They can tell their wives/husbands that the IT guy recommended it. Or maybe I just work for a bunch of lushes. )
    02-08-09 11:44 AM
    Perhaps this will help you some. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    What internet issues are you having? Are we talking about an 8830 or an 8320?
    From his OP it seems he has an 8320, which I also have & LOVE. I guess it takes some people a while to adapt to a smartphone when they're used to regular phones. Especially people who maybe aren't so shall I say, "tech-savvy"?
    My dad played with my phone for about 20 sec before giving it back to me and saying "I prefer a normal cell phone not a mini computer. That's way too complicated."
    02-08-09 12:24 PM
    Yes I say the Op said in the message 8320 but I saw his device model as 8830. I was going to help with the internet part. Basically wondering if the OP had a wifi issue or not.
    02-08-09 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD