The other day, one of my classmates told me to connect my Bold to his Nokia N800 internet tablet via Bluetooth so he could access the internet via my phone/data connection. However, I don't have the tethering plan from AT&T so I'm afraid that they will charge me more for using it. Anyone know if I can do this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 07:25 AM
    Anyone know??

09-10-09 07:48 AM
    Search, there are millions of posts on this subject. And yes you can, keep data use reasonable to prevent charges.

09-10-09 07:58 AM
    Well I have the unlimited internet plan so I won't be charged at all no matter how much internet I use.

09-10-09 06:34 PM
    Well I have the unlimited internet plan so I won't be charged at all no matter how much internet I use.

09-10-09 06:35 PM
    At&t says they can notice, been tethering using my old sprint ppc-6700 for years and sprint never mentioned it. they only way at&t would know is if there was a huge spike in ur data consumption... not that running half a gig a month in downloading emails in small....
    09-10-09 06:45 PM
    i used to tether on my Nokia N810 tablet and my laptop via bluetooth all the time with my Sony K850i and my Motorola iC902 without tethering plans. unless you are downloading MB's/GB's per day of like music and movies, you arent gonna raise any flags. general browsing, like forums and whatnot, all the time still kept me under 100MB/month or so. you should be fine. however, i wouldnt bother trying to tether and use it as your main internet source. that will chew data. as long as the tethering settings, which can be found anywhere, are set up right, you are good to go.
    09-10-09 08:39 PM
    Does ATT have a monthly limit on internet usage even if I have the unlimited plan?

09-11-09 10:00 AM
    Does ATT have a monthly limit on internet usage even if I have the unlimited plan?

Once again, try using the search function, there are hundreds of posts on this subject, if not thousands.

Unlimited means unlimited Blackberry use, not tethering. You can tether and not get charged if they don't see a huge consumption rate.
    09-11-09 01:23 PM
    Once again, try using the search function, there are hundreds of posts on this subject, if not thousands.
    Yeah that's so annoying! You know what else is annoying? Using Google to search for tethering, and the top 10 results are filled with such answers as "use the search function" and "use Google".

So, every once in a while, I add a post such as this to remind users that people arrive at these pages via search, and it is more helpful to post a link to the main article on the subject so that you can 1) remind the user to use search and 2) allow Google and other search engines give a higher ranking to the main topic page people should be going to first.

Otherwise, they arrive here, and get really annoyed at people telling them to do what they've already done.
    10-11-09 07:43 AM
    That's why after you get here, searching the forum itself and not using Google works best.
    10-11-09 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD