I have done some simple research on making my BB a modem source and am aware of the data plan limitations. I'd like to access the Web for straightforward things without the use of my land phone/ISP as that will be removed in a few days; I have had enough of shelling out all that loot and giving it to Aliant for an antiquated land line and Internet connection. I have a blistering-fast connection at work and have no need for both a smartphone and a land phone

Are there any tricks or things to watch for if I choose to set this up with the Manage Connections tab?I probably should upgrade my data limit to 1 GB.

Thoughts?
    06-12-11 06:19 PM
    On what carrier are you planning on doing this? And with what device model number?

Different carriers handle tethering differently.
    06-12-11 06:37 PM
    It's a Curve 8530 - my plan is with Aliant/Bell.
    06-13-11 07:18 AM
    You should contact them and ask if tethering is included in their BlackBerry Data Plans. Many carriers charge an additional fee for tethering.

Also, tethering is set up on the computer through BlackBerry Desktop Manager (or an alternate software). It's no set up through the "Manage Connections" function on the device.
    06-13-11 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD