I have a MacBook, and I have no trouble tethering using Bluetooth, but I want to do it with the USB to save my battery life. Does anyone know how to do it with the cable as opposed to Bluetooth??
    07-05-08 03:52 PM
    Plug your USB in make sure your blackberry is set to use as mass storage device for this go to options - media card - set mass storage to yes. You should now be able to drag and drop at your leisure. For better. Syncing use pocketmac or missingsync

Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 03:56 PM
    I meant so that I can use the BB as a modem, I have no troubles doing it with Bluetooth (I am doing it now) but I'd like to save some battery life and do it with the cord.
    07-05-08 04:04 PM
    07-05-08 06:24 PM
    I don't think you guys understand... I want to tether through the USB cord, NOT through Bluetooth. I already know how to do it through Bluetooth, but if you do it through the USB cord, it saves your battery.
    07-06-08 09:50 PM
    Hi, I also wanted to do the same thing, I tried everything I could to tether my macbook with my phone through USB and Kept getting the "check your modem settings" error. I have it connected to my USB right now, and its charging from my computer but Im using the tethering through my bluetooth. I think until some one else has a solution to tethering though the USB the best bet for saving battery power, is to plug your phone in so it charges from the macbook, and then tether using the bluetooth. At least thats what I've resorted to. PS: I tried all the different settings in the config. of the macbook to the bb. Anyone have a better option for this? PLEASE LET US KNOW!
    08-02-08 03:02 PM
    kzshortie:
    Your solution to tethering with USB is simple. Go to VZW's web site and download VZAcess Manager. When you go there it will tell you that it is for the Motorola Q, that's OK, download it anyway, it works like a charm
    08-02-08 07:04 PM
    Maggie:
    Now that Alltel is part of VZW you should be able to download the the same software ^^^^
    08-02-08 07:07 PM
    kzshortie:
    Your solution to tethering with USB is simple. Go to VZW's web site and download VZAcess Manager. When you go there it will tell you that it is for the Motorola Q, that's OK, download it anyway, it works like a charm
    Thanks ill try it when I get home. However my concern is that its compatible and what do I do with vzaccess manager? Does it have self explainitory instructions?

08-02-08 07:09 PM
    Compatibility should not be an issue. It is very self explanitory
    08-02-08 07:53 PM
    Ok. So I went to VZW and tried to d/l the vzw access manager....but one problem, you need to sign up for a business/corpoate account to be able to use it. Any other suggestions?

08-03-08 07:26 PM
    08-04-08 01:36 PM
    Wow. Lol guess you need to "read between the lines" thanks for being patient with me WFLDEng636 <3

08-04-08 01:53 PM
    So I d/l the VZaccess Manager, and I keep getting an error message "device undetected" during the setup process. When I d/l I made sure I chose the right OS and it said the device is the Motorala Q, just like you said. I still can get it to recognize my bb. I have tried it with mass storage mode on, and off, and I even restarted my phone and computer, and just on a hunch, I turned off my bluetooth. Still nothing.
    Last edited by kzshortie; 08-04-08 at 07:32 PM.
    08-04-08 07:29 PM
    Let's try this.....repair permissions and restart your mac. If you are running the latest OS there is a very good chance you will need to download some drivers. Unfortunatley I am not running the latest OS, so I am not famiular on where to get the latest drivers. I just happemed to run across it on some of the threads either here or BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    08-05-08 09:06 PM
    One more thought.......Did you add tethering to your account. If you didn't, that might be why you can't connect.
    08-05-08 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD