I got my netbook tethering off my bb which works great with tetherberry by the way. One thing i would like while im plugged in via USB is for it to not charge my bb while im connected due to battery drainage on my netbook, is there a way or a setting somewhere i can change for the netbook to still use that usb port for tethering but not charge while im connected? thanks for any help
    07-29-09 02:38 PM
    If you have BlueTooth on your Netbook, connect using that instead of USB. Some people have said that works. The BlueTooth Radio woul dprobably use less battery power than charging the BB.

Or alternatively, make sure the BB is fully charged before plugging it in, the charging should stop after the handset is fully charged up and consume less battery.

Hope that helps.
    07-29-09 03:13 PM
    Thanks, i might try that BT approach.

I read that you can you turn power off to the USB port through device manager on your computer which will cut off power but still let what ever device you have connected to be recognized. I couldn't find too much on that method though, if anyone has experience with this can you elaborate please? Thanks!
    07-29-09 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD