I was wondering if there is someway this is possible?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 11:46 AM
    Nope I really don't think so.
    06-16-08 02:47 PM
    I have a blackberry 8830 and just got a ipod touch 32 GB

I would love to figure out a way to make my blackberry 8830 tether to it????
    07-01-08 06:55 PM
    Yeah I don't think this is possibble. Sorry
    07-01-08 06:57 PM
    Anything is possible... go to cradlepoint and look for CTR350. They have a device that allows you to do just that.
    07-06-08 10:48 AM
    Has anyone done this? I have a blackberry 8830 from verizon with unlimited data plan. Before i purchase that travel router i wanted to know if this has been successful and how fast it is. Acesssing the web from my blackberry device is as slow as dialup. Would the touch be just as slow using this router?
    10-01-08 01:33 PM
    Wow... this would be really cool if it actually works. Has anyone ever used cradlepoint's CTR350 Mobile Router???
    04-29-09 01:32 PM
    That would be pretty awesome if it was possible to do without having to purchase another $150 item to make it work and all companies were compatible with it.
    04-29-09 02:16 PM
    I hate to say this but...

Why not just use your blackberry...

04-29-09 04:52 PM
    Bigger screen! Different web browser.

That's why.
    04-29-09 05:21 PM
    My storm has just as large a screen as my iPT, and iPhone. The browser is decent (no, it's not safari, but it's danged close!) and the speed is faster than wifi (all I can do, no service with the iPhone, and of course the iPT isn't on a network).

I looked all over for the ability to tether my Pearl to the iPT and nada, nope, nohow. So I got a Storm.

Instead of shelling out $150 for a "modem", I'd upgrade to a Storm.
    04-29-09 07:49 PM
    Has this been done yet?
    10-30-09 09:35 AM
    Nope. Sorry.
    10-30-09 11:00 AM
    An economical way to do this in windows would be to buy a cheap wireless router, connect the blackberry as a modem to your pc, and then share the internet connection of the connected blackberry modem. Your iPod Touch should use the internet through the wireless router which is also connected to your pc.
    02-13-10 08:19 PM
    I too am curious about this as I have some apps on my ipod touch that require internet access and would like to be able to use them when not at home or for instance when I am out at a place that has free wi-fi but even though it shows up and connects I still can't get internet access on my ipod. I don't want to get an iphone as I like my current cellular provider.
    02-18-10 09:01 PM
    Dont be so quick to say it doesn't work. Android phones will teather to an ipod touch. If there isn't a way to teather a Blackberry, we should push them to create an app that will enable it to do so.
    02-21-10 02:32 PM
    Go ahead. And hold your breath while you are at it.
    02-21-10 07:06 PM
    MeDevil is working on developing a full Bluetooth stack for jailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch. If that includes the Dialup Networking Profile (DUN), then you should be able to tether to BlackBerry.
    02-21-10 07:12 PM
    I have looked long and hard for a way to turn my iPod Touch into an iPhone using my BB as well - as of yet it is not possible, but it may soon be: http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/sim...t-wifi-421228/. This will let you share your data connection with another device via WiFi.
    02-21-10 07:26 PM
    I have the unlimited plan from Cellular South and I would love to be able to tether my BB to my iPod Touch so that I can use the MLB At Bat app on my iTouch all the time, especially when in the car and such. As anyone figured anything out yet?
    03-04-10 11:09 AM
    The only way I know how (albeit not cheap) pick up a mifi card and you have instant wifi access anywhere you go. I have the VZW brand and it works great. You can set it on the dash or in your pocket and your good to go. I'm sure there will be something cheaper on the horizon...hopefully, but nothing that I have found to work as good.

03-04-10 01:46 PM
    Connected Storm to Macbook via Tether (USB OR BlueTooth)
    Then create wireless network on Macbook and share connection from USB or Bluetooth to airport. Login onto macbook wireless with ipod and your online!
    03-04-10 02:02 PM
    Any chance you can share your knowledge? I want to be able to stay in contact with my family while I am deployed.
    04-04-10 11:22 PM
    Why blackberries need to get on the ball and enable the wireless hotspot option like the android, iPhone, and Pre have. No drivers or special apps needed then, no special equipment. However, I am quite certain due to this limitation and RIMs lack of innovation these last 4 years that they are going to go the way of Palm. Which is sad because RIM has a great product, they just havent kept up with the times.
    There are similar threads to this one all over Crackberry, hopefully RIM will listen to the outcry and enable the 802.11 features, I hear there is a way to enable it on a Storm though through slight of hand.
    04-29-10 01:50 PM
    there is a way to do it. you need to download ibluever from cydia on you ipod touch then you open up the app and you configure the settings, im not sure what they might be, ik that verizons the dial number is #777 and you enter your pin and chose a chat script ( non GPRS tone for verizon) and you should be set, but for verizon once you open up safari on your ipod it brings you to a webpage about signing your account up for tethering. let me know if this helps or if you have questions
    09-05-10 03:24 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD