Hi.
    I develop a j2me aplet that can communicate (interact) with a bluetooth keyboard. Such keyboard model must be compatible with palm or blackbarry handhelds. Hence, I'm looking for a man, that have such keyboard and j2me+bluetooth compatible device (cell phone or handheld), that can help me with aplet's testing. It's not take match time - only need to run my aplet on your device, not far from a keyboard, and mail back me the test results. Please help! You guys are my last hope. Thanks in advance. Best regards, william.
    11-30-07 05:31 PM
    There are two kinds of bt keyboards: based on hid (human interface device, more recent) and spp (serial port) profiles. It's impassible to implement a hid profile on j2me (due to incompatibility of the bt versions). J2me included the spp implementation. But I'm not found neither j2me implementation for a spp bt keyboard (depends on a particular kb model) nor disproofs like hid about. Also I'm can't found an emulator of spp keyboard. So I need to do tests with real devices. Blackberry keyboards use a spp profile. First of all I need to know is it possible to connect from j2me to a spp keyboard. My aplet simple try to establish a connection with spp kb, and write debugging info in txt file. You will be able to read that file before send it back for me. If it's not enough, than I'll send source. That's all, a while. Please help.
    12-01-07 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD