What if you could test drive Blackberry 10 on androids and iphones?

I think it would a great idea to release a simulator app for other platforms so they can test drive the OS. Of course you won't be able to make calls, install and run apps or send actual emails(maybe fake emails to show how it works) since it's a simulation. It has become quite impossible to test out a BB10 device these days. (with stores getting rid of BB inventory). Therefore the best way to get the word out is by letting people take a tour of BB10 on their current devices.

They got millions of downloads for the BBM app and I believe they can get a decent amount of downloads for this simulation app as well. (I can see tech bloggers getting on this news story)
    I think this would be a step in the right direction for blackberry and a good way to spend those marketing dollars.
    Last edited by propeller10; 02-02-14 at 02:11 PM.
    02-02-14 01:53 PM
    They already did that about a year ago.
    02-02-14 02:10 PM
    They already did that about a year ago.
    Yeah, in the form of a qr code iirc. People could scan it and it would take them to a website that simulated BlackBerry 10

Edit: Found it: http://global.blackberry.com/static/...pse/index.html

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 02:19 PM
    It would be nice to have a nice BB10 app launcher app. I actually bought a Windows Phone app launcher from BBW and it looks pretty descent and it works. I actually like how smooth it is.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 02:24 PM
    Yeah, in the form of a qr code iirc. People could scan it and it would take them to a website that simulated BlackBerry 10

Edit: Found it: BlackBerry Z10 | Glimpse

Posted via CB10
    I tested it out on my Nexus 7 and it was terrible. It was painfully slow and very linear. An app would've been much better for a number of reasons. Apps allow MUCH faster/smoother simulations, flexibility and they are much easier to discover through an app store.(especially if it gets on 'tending apps' list.)
    02-02-14 02:29 PM
    I tested it out on my Nexus 7 and it was terrible. It was painfully slow and very linear. An app would've been much better for a number of reasons. Apps allow MUCH faster/smoother simulations, flexibility and they are much easier to discover through an app store.(especially if it gets on 'tending apps' list.)
    Yeah, just tried it out on another device myself. I'm pretty sure it used to be a lot snappier. Or it could be that I just wasn't used to the actual speed of BlackBerry 10 on a real device running it yet and that it just seemed fast. An app is way better indeed.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 02:54 PM
    Tried it on my wife's Note II. Interesting.
    02-02-14 04:41 PM
    Honestly, it will only help if users aren't heavily invested into one of the ecosystems, don't care if they lose their apps and all their data, or are uninterested in apps in general.

I am invested in all of the ecosystems, so for someone like me, it may help, but I know tons of people with hundreds/thousands of dollars invested into iOS and they won't leave at all. It would work better for Android users since they can install all of their Android apps onto BB10. The only downside for them would be if their settings aren't saved in the cloud, they would have to start all over again. I don't know many people who want to do that. Only two of my friends bought a Z10 after they saw mine. They also really didn't care about apps and basically only use phone functions and the camera, so any device would have suited their needs. The rest thought BB10 was very nice but wont give it the time of day because they aren't about to drops hundreds of dollars worth of software, just to buy all same things again on a different platform from a company with an uncertain future.
    02-02-14 04:52 PM
    Honestly, it will only help if users aren't heavily invested into one of the ecosystems, don't care if they lose their apps and all their data, or are uninterested in apps in general.

I am invested in all of the ecosystems, so for someone like me, it may help, but I know tons of people with hundreds/thousands of dollars invested into iOS and they won't leave at all. It would work better for Android users since they can install all of their Android apps onto BB10. The only downside for them would be if their settings aren't saved in the cloud, they would have to start all over again. I don't know many people who want to do that. Only two of my friends bought a Z10 after they saw mine. They also really didn't care about apps and basically only use phone functions and the camera, so any device would have suited their needs. The rest thought BB10 was very nice but wont give it the time of day because they aren't about to drops hundreds of dollars worth of software, just to buy all same things again on a different platform from a company with an uncertain future.
    Remember that there are multiple audiences they can reach from this app. People that are not pleased with their current platform, users who aren't heavily invested in one ecosystem, people who are bored with their platform/ looking for something unique ....etc.

Anyways, I would see it as a marketing effort if they do release such an app.
    02-03-14 12:29 AM