View Poll Results: How often do you backup your BlackBerry?

Voters
770. You may not vote on this poll
  • Every day

70 9.09%
  • Once a week

251 32.60%
  • Once a month

117 15.19%
  • Rarely

176 22.86%
  • How do I back up?

156 20.26%
    I have an "emergency backup" - an older BlackBerry model - at the office just in case something happens to my current one!
    01-02-08 12:43 PM
    I take full advantage of my inusrance!!! I have lost my bberry before and it has been stolen before (not to mention the time I dropped it on my wet lawn). I've never experienced an outage but when i'm without my bberry i get the shakes. I need my daily bberry fix. I should back it up more often (right now i do it every few months when it crosses my mind). I accidentally erased all of my messages a few months back and it was catastrophic :-(
    01-02-08 01:42 PM
    I don't backup as much as i should. Since i sync with outlook though it's not a real problem. I run pretty lean as far as 3rd party apps go.
    Now, it if were lost or stolen? If it was lost i would berate myself until i was curled up in the corner in the fetal position sucking my thumb. Then i would come to terms with my ineptness and get another one. I would opt for a case with a wrist lanyard and never let it leave my person.
    However, if it were stolen? I would go into a rampage. I would fashion a crude voodoo doll and put the whammy on the unsuspecting thief. I would then sit back with my NEW BB and scour the internet for reports relating to bizare BB accidents and revel in my revenge.
    But i'd mostly just get a new one and move on. LOL
    01-02-08 02:30 PM
    Lost! Stolen!... dangit, I would'nt no how to get anywhere without the GPS. And I'd have friends wondering if I died because they had not heard from me in a while.
    01-02-08 03:55 PM
    The first thign I'd do if i lost it was to activate my old one that is in my desk.

I back it up at least once a week.

I figure with the changes I make to schedules and stuff, I'd be lost if I lost it.
    Last edited by gopowercat; 01-02-08 at 04:13 PM.
    01-02-08 04:10 PM
    Just getting started, might do it daily later on...
    01-02-08 04:43 PM
    Se a reminder and back it up weekly. Have needed to use bu copies several times with last bb.
    01-02-08 06:05 PM
    Just as long as my computer doesn't fail first... I'm golden. Recently, my BRAND NEW dell xps m1330 laptop crashed and FORTUNATELY (thanks to a faulty windows update, mind you all) my blackberry curve 8300 happened to load just perfectly after an install of the program again on vista... and i regained all of my microsoft outlook information from my BB!! All my contacts, all my pictures, all my music, all my mail, all my calendar entries... it was heavenly.

Lovely. Just lovely.
    01-02-08 07:04 PM
    Just got the blackberry so I will be setting it up to backup once a week. Now where is that software again???
    01-02-08 09:40 PM
    I'd get another one as soon as I could!
    01-02-08 10:03 PM
    I'm still a newbie with my Blackberry.. but so far, I would CRY if it got lost or broken. I would definitely be replacing it... though the wallet would hate it
    01-02-08 10:35 PM
    I got insurance so Sprint would have to send me another one...
    01-03-08 12:01 AM
    THIS CONTEST THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Thanks for participating in the 10th Day of CrackBerry! To see the lucky winners of the 10th Day of CrackBerry, visit our 12 Days of CrackBerry Winners! thread.

Remember, even though the 10th Day of CrackBerry contest thread is closed, other Days of CrackBerry are still open and you can still register there for your chance to win lots of great prizes! Good Luck!

MERRY CRACKBERRY!
    01-03-08 12:13 AM
738 ... 282930
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD