I don't need my BB to check e-mail when I'm at work, so I'd like to have it quit checking e-mail temporarily from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
    I'm sure there's a way to do this, but I can't find it anywhere. Any suggestions?
    06-10-08 10:46 AM
    Only way to do it is to turn off data .. can't suspend it at all any other way.
    06-10-08 10:48 AM
    Not sure how to do that. Any way to set a profile that doesn't check e-mail but allows SMS text and phone?
    06-10-08 10:50 AM
    Profiles have to do with notification. You could create/edit a profile that will only notify you if you have a phone call or text. However as stated previously you can't turn your BB off from checking email without turning data off. And even with doing that, you'll still get all the emails when you turn data back on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-08 12:16 PM
    Have you tried to set up a rule on your work email system to not forward messages between X & y hrs?

Just an idea.
    06-10-08 05:05 PM
    On my 8830 I just select phone-only under the ringer options icon and that takes care of it. I use that at night too. I prefer sleeping without text or email dings but need to be accessible by phone.

06-10-08 05:15 PM
    Creating a rule is a good idea. Can I do that if my employer doesn't use a BIS?
    06-12-08 10:23 PM
    So what happens when you turn it off of phone only? Does it send all your email and test messages then?

06-12-08 10:38 PM
    All of your mail and texts arrive as normal on your phone, the only difference is that you are not notified in any sensory way when they arrive.

06-12-08 11:13 PM
    That's true. I end up with lots of spam to delete. I just want to turn off e-mail now and then but leave the phone and text intact. Anybody have a suggestion on how to do this?
    06-13-08 07:01 PM
    Set up a profile that will only alert you to the things you want. I use phone only at night also.

06-13-08 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD