Don't you just love it when carriers accidentally (or not) spill the beans on upcoming updates? Well that's exactly what Telus has just done by revealing BlackBerry OS 10.1 is coming in March. That's next month! Super interesting to note that along with an update, BlackBerry 10 will, most likely, be launching in the U.S. at the same time.

That does make you wonder, though, if the two are connected... Chalk it up to more speculation, I suppose. No new details on what could be coming with 10.1, but it's safe to assume some good ol' bug fixes and maybe some new features (Cinnamon and French Toasts anyone?).

The other question that's in everyone's mind is whether only Telus customers will get this update in March or will it be an all out update? Valid question, and one that we hope to have an answer for very soon.

What changes or new features do you want to see come BlackBerry 10.1? Let us know below!
    Telus Lets The Cat Out Of The Bag, BlackBerry 10.1 Coming In March | BlackBerryOS.com
    Coincidence that it is releasing in the U.S and getting an update at the same time?
    I think not.
    02-27-13 04:20 PM
    Mattes what he fixes and updates are.
    02-27-13 04:26 PM
    Updates are sent from the manufacturer to the carrier to go through testing.
    02-27-13 04:29 PM
    02-27-13 04:31 PM
    I toast to that... I french toast! :-)

If you have a unlocked Z10, do we need to wait for carrier approval?
    02-27-13 04:31 PM

I think it might depend on what SIM card you have in your device.
    digitalman101 likes this.
    02-27-13 04:36 PM
    Unlocked or not still depending on the carrier of the sim inserted

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 05:18 PM

french!? I want the cinammon toast that was just epic concept.
    02-27-13 05:43 PM
    Unlocked or not still depending on the carrier of the sim inserted

Posted via CB10

Hmmm.. This means if my carrier does not support commercially bb10, i will be stuck with same version and not able to update... :-(
    02-27-13 05:58 PM
    Updates are sent from the manufacturer to the carrier to go through testing.
    We've read in a few places that unless the radio stack module is changed the software doesn't have to go through carrier testing. As I understand it the OS is very modular and easy to make changes and not effect the radio stack.

Can anyone confirm that?
    02-27-13 06:09 PM
    in this case the radio is being updated as well, take a peek at the leaked version, the version number for the radio has changed.
    02-27-13 06:34 PM
    Hopefully it's true and it fixes some of the bugs along with new features. Also, does anyone know if updates will pushed to the devices a la Apple instead of thru the snail paced network providers?
    02-27-13 07:05 PM
    This is kinda screwy. Not that I don't believe anyone that has posted, just that I work overseas. So I will have to keep the old version, as I don't recall the launch in Austral-Asia (New Zealand) yet. Bummer. Wondering if I should take the old trusty 9860 with me.
    02-27-13 07:23 PM
    So what features does 10.1 bring besides physical keyboard support?
    02-27-13 07:45 PM
    Hmmm.. This means if my carrier does not support commercially bb10, i will be stuck with same version and not able to update... :-(
    Don't forget the old trusty leaks... they arent supported but they do work when done right...
    02-27-13 08:18 PM
    Wait, the current version doesn't have the toasts yet?
    02-27-13 08:37 PM
    Is is too early for Android JB in BB10? That would be pretty powerful if Android Ports all of a sudden were smoother.
    02-27-13 09:00 PM
    I would assume that the first several updates will be updating the radio stacks to optimize battery and data effeciency and such. Especially with huge version releases such as 10.1. I will also say that the US carriers have probably been testing with the new radio stack module already in place. So 10.1 should be a go for launch or update to it after booting it up like the playbook did. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-27-13 10:05 PM
    Not suprised. I think many on here expected the commonwealth to be the guinea pigs
    02-27-13 10:06 PM
    n4bb say cinnamon toast concept is no more and has been scrapped.A bit of a shame BB could'nt make it work so got scrapped.
    02-28-13 03:53 AM
    This is kinda screwy. Not that I don't believe anyone that has posted, just that I work overseas. So I will have to keep the old version, as I don't recall the launch in Austral-Asia (New Zealand) yet. Bummer. Wondering if I should take the old trusty 9860 with me.

I work on the road a lot too and always take my previous phone as backup.
    02-28-13 07:45 AM
    No you will not be stuck. You will however have to wait for all carriers in your region to approve their update before the update becomes available for you. In other words you will not get the update before your local carriers, only after. You can update without a sim card by link, not sure if you can by ota. How your region is determined, I don't know. All I know is you won't be left in the dark without an update.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 09:06 AM
    As I've said in other threads, 10.1 already exists and is being used internally.
    02-28-13 09:35 AM
    As I've said in other threads, 10.1 already exists and is being used internally.
    Any hints on what we can expect? Is it amazingly different, much needed features have now been added etc etc?

I would buy back my Z10 if so.
    02-28-13 10:07 AM
    We've read in a few places that unless the radio stack module is changed the software doesn't have to go through carrier testing. As I understand it the OS is very modular and easy to make changes and not effect the radio stack.

Can anyone confirm that?
    It's called delta updates - where it updates only the portion of the OS that has been changed, as opposed to having to overwrite an entire OS. I recall reading that BB10 was suppose to have that as well...
    02-28-13 10:11 AM
27 12