Hello all,

We are travelling to the US and I want to use my BBM to keep in touch here. BBM is apparently tied to my Data plan.

I know I can purchase a travel Data plan from Telus but is there any way that I can just use the BBM? I don't want to get emails, social network feeds etc on my data plan while I am there as they will quickly at up in $$$. I can wait until I am in a hotspot to download those via wifi.

Any suggestions?
    03-06-12 08:13 AM
    There are a few things you can do

but as an FYI, leaving your email going wont really rack up the data, I use 2-3MB per day in the US with BBM, and email, and that is 120-150 BB contacts , 60 of which I probably talk to daily, and 100-300 emails daily, I saving opening anything with attachments until I am home

in your email you can go to
    "options"
    and turn off
    enable HTML email, Download images Automatically so you still get headers, but none of the extra data

you can delete each email off of your Blackberry then re add them later under email account settings

I'd uninstall any applications that you know call home a lot, like weather apps, and I'd hide map apps so you don't click by mistake
    03-06-12 08:26 AM
    Thank You for the help.
    03-06-12 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD