Downloaded and it worked first time out. Switched to North America. Found me in Alexandria, VA. Gave me directions to my favorite restaurant.

I've got AT&T Navigator, so I'll try these in tandem for a while and see which one to stick with.

Thanks, all for the great tip.
    04-05-09 04:51 PM
    Anyone know how to stop the backlight timing out when navigating?
    05-06-09 02:51 PM
    Yeah, I have on whilst navigating selected but it still turns the backlight off and locks the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 12:08 PM
    Selecting South Africa gives a download with UK English and US English options. Downloading now and will report after I get a chance to try it later.
    I downloaded using the South Afica option and it only gave me the UK English choice. And when I try to change the language in the preferences menu it only gives me the choice of Italian, French, or English UK. Not a big deal, I'd just prefer US English. It works great though.
    05-10-09 09:34 PM
    I did; I downloaded Israel version for BB 8310 (I own 8320 though) being in US. it goes smooth, pretty good on addresses although giving me troubles with GPS and MAP ME feature...Unable to find my location even at Open Spaces...Assume I got to play a bit and look 4 help in the meantime...

The only choices for the Country parameter are Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, South Africa and Other. Choosing Other gives you a new page saying slots for countries not listed are full. Also, the list of supported devices does not include the BB 8130.

Has anyone tried downloading Telmap using one of the current country choices? If yes, did the software come in English, and does it work in North America? Also, which "device" is the one for the BB 8130?

Thanks. Achtung, baby.

Elrohir59
    05-11-09 07:53 PM
    There's an option to select US/Canada now. I have a tour and I have no idea if the bold version will work, but I am going to try......
    09-16-09 02:24 PM
    Bold version hung up when I tried to "map me". Doing a battery pull and try one more time. Then remove.

Would a different version have been a little better to try?
    09-16-09 02:36 PM
    I am running TelMap. I am running the Beta for User Group Version on my Bold.
    09-16-09 02:38 PM
    I have a Tour, not a bold. They didn't have a Tour version but the download process stated that sometimes one version may work on another similar device.
    09-16-09 02:40 PM
    ill be trying this on my 8130 hopefully it works
    09-16-09 11:15 PM
    I noticed the 8330 was not offered as a supported device so I sellected the 8310 the received the message; "your device is not recognized as a supported device". I think others got it to download to their 8330. Any suggestions? Thanks
    09-17-09 05:53 AM
    Does anyone know whether or not the free version which was (still is?) being offered to User Group members can be updated to the latest revision?

Just about the only thing I didn't like the first version I tried (Bold - U.K.) was that it didn't show rivers!

I know you don't drive along them! ... but they can be a useful 'landmark' if you are a bit lost!
    09-17-09 06:27 AM
    Does this work with Tour?
    09-20-09 01:42 PM
    Just installed this on my Blackberry Tour with Verizon Wireless and it completely made my system act strange and freeze on me...
    09-29-09 03:46 PM
    I ended up loading and using aMaze. I like the simple arrows only view (since I don't have a mount for my BB). Plus, it has the color bar thing that gets longer and deeper red as you get closer to your next turn.
    09-30-09 08:40 AM
    This is a good list Blackberry GPS Software hope it helps.
    12-10-09 07:27 PM
    TelMap is not free it's a 14 days trial. Don't waste your time.

Amaze stopped working and ask for monthly fee now.
    12-11-09 02:57 PM
    um if you have a Tour what phone do you select? Or does it not work with tour?
    12-22-09 01:11 PM
    Does anyone know whether or not the free version which was (still is?) being offered to User Group members can be updated to the latest revision?

Just about the only thing I didn't like the first version I tried (Bold - U.K.) was that it didn't show rivers!

I know you don't drive along them! ... but they can be a useful 'landmark' if you are a bit lost!
    I couldn't get my activation code to work on the new version unfortunately. Too bad cause it looks real slick. I emailed them several times and never got a response back. Horrible customer service.

So I re-downloaded the 4.x version which still works very well.
    01-05-10 09:23 PM
    This is gonna sound weird, but does anyone know or has figured out how I can get telmap 4.5 installed on my storm2?

I was part of the beta test group and had it working perfectly when I downloaded it just before xmas (used to have it installed on my 8900 too), but stupidly did an OS downgrade today on my Storm2 and forgot to backup my apps, so now when I try to install it again, the newer versions strangely arent compatible with the storm2 anymore (i think)

Version 5 definitely doesn't seem to work.

*edit*

Sorted. v4.6 works with the storm. However you will need to contact telmap to see if they'll give you an activation code.
    Last edited by The Gift; 04-07-10 at 04:51 AM. Reason: found a working version
    04-06-10 05:38 PM
    I was/am part of the user group for Telmap Navigator and had been using that license on my Curve 8330. I recently upgraded the OS on my Curve, without thinking that I'd lose Telmap in the process. I've emailed Telmap to ask if/how I can reinstall but received no response.
    I'm not sure what version number I was running, but I still have my registration number. Does anyone know if I can get up and running again under the same registration (ie, free)?

Thanks!
    04-16-10 04:16 PM
    Originally the free beta testing was being handled by Roi Revach of Telmap.

You could try emailing him directly at [email protected]

Has to be worth a try!
    04-16-10 04:29 PM
    Originally the free beta testing was being handled by Roi Revach of Telmap.

You could try emailing him directly at...

Has to be worth a try!
    Thanks, Montala. I did try emailing him(or her) a few days ago but haven't heard back...
    04-16-10 07:56 PM
98 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD