The Union government has asked all mobile operators offering BlackBerry smartphone services to implement the interception solution being offered by the Canada-based firm Research In Motion by December 31 to enable security agencies to check misuse of the encrypted service. It has turned down requests from telecom service providers (TSPs) for extending the deadline to early next year.
    Link: The Hindu : News / National : Telcos face January deadline over BlackBerry interception services
    10-30-12 01:30 PM
    [quote]to check misuse of the encrypted service[\quote]

The only abuse and misuse of encryption services seems to be governments including the corrupt Indian regime. Maybe someone can insert an Apple iPhone into the posterior of the Indian prime minister and randomly remotely activate one of the many fart apps. After 666 farts the Apple iPhone self-destructs.
    10-31-12 01:05 PM
    Lawful interception is enforced by governments/juridictions and pretty much used in all countries (and all regimes). From I recall, BB strong encryption is a problem.
    11-02-12 11:07 AM
    I'm not up to speed on this but as I understand it, BES issues private keys to the endpoints. As such, encryption occurs in the BB and BES server memory. Protected content is currently impossible to read without extremely long computing periods. BIS services can be decrypted because RIM issues the keys and apparently gives them up.
    11-03-12 06:23 AM
    I'm not up to speed on this but as I understand it, BES issues private keys to the endpoints. As such, encryption occurs in the BB and BES server memory. Protected content is currently impossible to read without extremely long computing periods. BIS services can be decrypted because RIM issues the keys and apparently gives them up.
    your 90% right but full BES encryption is only through BES to BES Blackberrys but if you text someone outside your BES it has to be decrypted

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    11-03-12 07:26 AM