Source: TechnoBuffalo.com

I just got back from a meeting with Research In Motion to check out the latest build of BlackBerry 10. And, even on a developer device without final hardware, I’m confident in saying I’m ready to move back to using a BlackBerry. Look, I don’t know what the application selection is going to be like at launch, and applications are huge, but I’m incredibly, incredibly impressed where RIM is going.

The entire user interface is blazingly fast. The only place I saw a single stutter was inside BlackBerry World, the store where you can purchase songs, music, videos and applications. Speaking of BlackBerry World, RIM promises that carrier billing will work at launch with more than 50 carriers, and that in-app purchases can also be applied to your monthly phone bill.
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/01...ckberry-again/
    01-09-13 10:19 PM
    Yes, more positive stories and two words stand out: blazingly fast. Those just belong together.
    Sith_Apprentice and HKain7 like this.
    01-09-13 10:22 PM
    That's awesome, that's what I like to see eh. Past blackberry user giving their first love another chance=p
    HKain7, JR A and robkd like this.
    01-09-13 10:25 PM
    And I am quite sure that the "lag" he saw in BlackBerry Appstore or BlackBerry Play or whatever the store is called (Just kidding I should cut myself like Bieber fans I know is BlackBerry World) is due to the transfer rate and because the content had to be downloaded first, so that would make it slow a bit while the content is being loaded.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    01-09-13 10:34 PM
    When I spotted this article I smiled because the writer joined TB last year and all articles he posted never saw RIM past the dead predictions.

This was definitely different.
    01-09-13 10:34 PM
    love seeing all this positive articles. could it be that the worse is behind us?
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-09-13 10:45 PM
    love seeing all this positive articles. could it be that the worse is behind us?
    You got it. RIM has hit rock bottom (whenever that exact moment might have been), and even bounced down there a few times. But there's only one place to go from there....
    01-09-13 11:17 PM
    Good to see the media being more positive. Jan 30th can't come soon enough.
    BergerKing and westiewanderer like this.
    01-09-13 11:19 PM
    Good to see the media being more positive. Jan 30th can't come soon enough.
    With accolades like this and other recent articles from other pervious negatively biased authors rolling in, it becomes easy to believe that more then just the 80 million BB subs might just pick one of these units up! BB market share ^!! Beleieve it!
    01-09-13 11:25 PM
    I've made sure to keep an upgrade for the advent of BB 10. Although I have ventured into the world of Android, it was always with the intent to re-join BlackBerry after they worked through their regenesis, which is why I never became a hater or an anti-RIM basher. They just couldn't meet me on terms I could afford, so I went walkabout, checking other lands. But I know where home is.
    01-09-13 11:34 PM
    I've made sure to keep an upgrade for the advent of BB 10. Although I have ventured into the world of Android, it was always with the intent to re-join BlackBerry after they worked through their regenesis, which is why I never became a hater or an anti-RIM basher. They just couldn't meet me on terms I could afford, so I went walkabout, checking other lands. But I know where home is.
    Sounds like you're going to mecca
    01-09-13 11:43 PM
    You got it. RIM has hit rock bottom (whenever that exact moment might have been), and even bounced down there a few times. But there's only one place to go from there....
    Rock bottom was last summer when they announced that BB10 would be delayed until the first quarter 2013. A lot of people began to have doubts weather or not RIM would make it to launch.
    Now with Jan. 30th less than three weeks away, people are starting to realize that not only is RIM going to make it to launch, but they are going to do it with some pretty impressive devices.

Everybody loves to root for the underdog... and RIM has been beaten like a dog for the last couple years. It's shaping up to be one heck of a comeback!
    01-09-13 11:43 PM
    Rudy!!!!!!!!bb
    westiewanderer, undone and robkd like this.
    01-09-13 11:44 PM
    Love the mostly positive comments. Even the negative comments weren't all doom and gloom anymore.
    01-09-13 11:53 PM
    This is the point of no return; Jan 30th is do or die, no more do-overs.

The BB10 launch is the tech equivalent of Caesar crossing the Rubicon.

Rome/tech industry will never be the same...
    01-10-13 01:17 AM
    Rudy!!!!!!!!bb
    Lol
    01-10-13 01:28 AM
    I'm reading more and more positive news about BB10, RIM did a great job in moving the media perception around.
    Jake Storm and anon(3896606) like this.
    01-10-13 02:14 AM
    I did the same, bought an sgs2 because BlackBerry has a bad name here now. I made the purchase with all intent to sell it (already have 3 buyers) so that I can make the switch back.
    G-bone and BergerKing like this.
    01-10-13 05:41 AM
    Remeber, if RIM can convince only 10 or 15% of people to switch to BB 10 from their current phones, it will be a big success, at least financially.
    They seem to be able to convince more than that percentage of analysts, reviewers and carrier personel of that so it should be fairly easy.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-10-13 06:15 AM
    Remeber, if RIM can convince only 10 or 15% of people to switch to BB 10 from their current phones, it will be a big success, at least financially.
    They seem to be able to convince more than that percentage of analysts, reviewers and carrier personel of that so it should be fairly easy.
    That would be an unmitigated failure. If you mean "in year one" then okay, but they need much more uptake than 15% overall.

Sadly, I was tired of waiting and moved to an sg3 and I am very happy with my choice. They lost me as a potential customer for the next few years.
    01-10-13 07:34 AM
    I'm reading more and more positive news about BB10, RIM did a great job in moving the media perception around.
    Yeah - you'll see people griping on the forum that RIM hasn't done any BlackBerry 10 marketing. What do they think this gigantic, unprecedented media tour to media outlets big and small is?
    Banco and robkd like this.
    01-10-13 07:35 AM
    Sadly, I was tired of waiting and moved to an sg3 and I am very happy with my choice. They lost me as a potential customer for the next few years.
    And you're here in the Crackberry forums instead of the Android Central forums because ...?
    Lehomer, Jake Storm and s0be like this.
    01-10-13 08:24 AM
    i got bored and wanted a change.. went to the S2.. then the S3.. and now the Nexus 4... don't use widgets anymore cause it's annoying.. and the S3 and N4 still lag with all those cores and super duper hardware.. and the device gets HOT!

it's funny people make assumptions about BB10 without EVER using it and experiencing first hand... i read the Gizmodo article on how the BB10 keyboard should be on iOS and Android ... although they started off the article with "although BB10 won't save RIM" haha they made some good points.. and the comments all were comparing BB10's keyboard to Swift Key 3 and Swype.. like they all used and see and felt the BB10 keyboard.. ALLL OF THEIR OPINIONS ARE INVALID! why? cause yes they have used swift key 3 and swype.. but they have NEVER used a BB10 keyboard.. they have only SEEN how it looks and what potentials there are.. how do they know it's slows a user down to swipe up the word to complete it?

BB10's keyboard is one of THEE best out there... i hate touch screen.but the bb10 one.. amazing.. i could never get used to typing on my S2/S3/N4 even with swift key 3.. the thing about swift key 3 i hate is when it replaces a word for you .. it's automatic and when u backspace to correct it, it doesn't go back to the original word you were typing.. yes swiftkey 3 is GREAT.. but mann that BB10 keyboard is just on another level.. yes the engine is swiftkey on BB10.. but everything else RIM tweaked and it's just amazing..

how can i be a hypocrite and compare a BB10 keyboard to swiftkey without seeing and using it? well it's no secret dev alphas are out there..

but i digress.. it was great to see this article on TB... i've posted SEVERAL times to TB that RIM needs positive press from bloggers like Themsevles to increase the markets interest etc.. and they are finally doing so... so i am glad
    G-bone likes this.
    01-10-13 08:57 AM
    This is good news, and not even on the final build !
    01-10-13 09:16 AM
    Rock bottom was the day they announced that BB10 was delayed until 2013. That was sometime in May or June I believe. Ever since that day, the day even the most faithful BB users started doubting BB10 would ever come out, BlackBerry has been gaining momentum. Around Thanksgiving time is when the ball really started rolling and non BB people started taking note that BB10 looked pretty cool. After New Years, even BB haters are starting to get excited.
    01-10-13 11:13 AM
32 12