Its been understood for a long time now the the mainstreem media has had it out for RIM, for a long time. How it is that it gets to go on for so long unchecked is beyond me.
    Todays article in Bloomberg “RIM seen as to late with email to compete with apple” is just another example of the medias attemt to “debrand” RIM. Forever repeating the old drum beat of their precieved negatives. Never talking of the new software services from RIM and what they can do.
    So when they have the ear of the world, but they back their home team with an invisable campain I call the "perseption attack", against RIM, what can be done.
    If the mainstreem media does this everyday, why just get mad at techcrunch?
    01-11-12 03:15 AM
    What was astounding about the interview is that they didn't even seem remotely interested in what the features were about. It was a simple bash fest and they had gone over with that intent. The girl had even said to the Brit that I'm glad you are coming over to Blackberry, we'll have some fun.

It was all about oh email, we already have that on iPhone and its unified. Bunch of tos$ers. BB had email when Apple was a dead man walking.

I liked the part at the end when Alex said he felt that the interview was a conspiracy. Good of him to bring out his distaste on what was being done there.

Those two from TC behaved as badly as the drunk RIM employees. They should be taken to task if TC is a serious website.

Its good I'm an engineer and not a PR man. I would have shoved his iPhone where the sun don't shine.
    01-11-12 04:24 AM
    I would have shoved his iPhone where the sun don't shine.
    You would be shoving it into his mouth then.
    01-11-12 08:54 AM
    If anything, the two "journalists" showed themselves as nothing more than pompous, iphone fanboi's. Not trying to lump all users into the category, but i'd definately say as far as "smartphone" users go, I tend to come across more arrogance with iphone fans. And to me, that's exactly how they came across. I don't think anything they said was necessarily untrue, but it was the way they said it.

On a side note, i'm surprised that the Brit dude wasn't a BB fan. I thought BB was king in the UK?
    01-11-12 10:16 AM
    01-11-12 10:39 AM
    On a side note, i'm surprised that the Brit dude wasn't a BB fan. I thought BB was king in the UK?
    Now you see what British cops have to tolerate every night when pubs and clubs spew their trash onto the streets.
    sam_b77, menaknow and Rickroller like this.
    01-11-12 11:21 AM
    Daily Telegraph eejit, what a disgrace and embrassment!
    01-11-12 11:51 AM
    Some people just cant handle Vegas...
    Rickroller likes this.
    01-11-12 12:26 PM
    Now you see what British cops have to tolerate every night when pubs and clubs spew their trash onto the streets.
    TBH, I feel the brits take their national sarcasm way too seriously. If you watch the entire interview this guy had the very British arrogance and disdain for everything not just Blackberry. It was as if he was there to show the former colonials their true status.

I know you are a Brit, so no offence, but the coolest people I have met are Americans. They are polite and understanding.

I wouldn't say the same for the British or us Indians. We have been trained by the brits and even us Indians are guilty of dismissing everyone except for ourselves. Its a British trait and one which has been absorbed by us Indians to the T.
    And this guy showed the worst of that attitude. I mean seriously, he went in drunk as a pole and with an intention to show people down. It wasn't just Blackberry, he would have done the same (and he did earlier) with any other company. I feel his contempt for North America was very visible. If only he could hold his liquor.
    01-11-12 12:38 PM
    Alex from RIM was pure class. The fact that these tactless fools from techcrap went over to the BlackBerry booth to purposely give RIM a hard time shows what how utterly biased the tech media is. Then the sh*t talking fool keept going on about how he "has an iphone". What a total ****.
    spike12 likes this.
    01-11-12 12:49 PM
    I wish that there was a way this thread could be posted on Techcrunch website and other media sites to show how idiotic their reporters were. This is just not on. Criticism is one thing, but drunken loutish behaviour in the guise of journalism is something else.

I noticed that the other guy from TC came in later to wrap things up before they got out of hand and he made an effort to apologise, but that drunk needs to be fired from Daily Telegraph for making such an horse's a$$ out of himself.
    01-11-12 01:08 PM
    And here is an insight into Techcrunch by one of its major investors:
    TechCrunch
    01-11-12 01:22 PM
    The fact that you can walk around CES booths with beer makes me so jealous. :/.
    Rickroller likes this.
    01-11-12 01:26 PM
    hahaha what a hat. first of all, that guys whole attitude (and even his god damn accent) scream of pretentious dickery. "well i have an iphone and i can do twitter on my iphone"......well ya, you can do twitter on your laptop too, does that mean that you arent going to use an iphone?

I love the complete lack of interest they seemed to be showing, not just with RIM but with all thier other interviews too. "ok, so you have new earbuds...thats nice. ok well thanks".

Its not thier fault though, a hangover can be tough to deal with in that environment .
    01-11-12 03:30 PM
    Great job Alex Kinsella for keeping a kind and professional composure after techcrunch acted like some childish, elitist know it alls. Poor guy.
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-11-12 04:18 PM
    Alec Saunders just gave an interview to the trashy turd munchers at Engadget. Anyone who had the misfortune of seeing that knows exactly what I mean.

Hats off to all the quality, professional RIM employees like Alex K. and Alec S. who deal with these goons in such a classy way. They certainly have more patience than I do.
    01-11-12 04:31 PM
    I mean seriously, he went in drunk as a pole and with an intention to show people down. It wasn't just Blackberry, he would have done the same (and he did earlier) with any other company. I feel his contempt for North America was very visible. If only he could hold his liquor.
    Intent does not have any meaning at his level of apparent inebriation. Even the sniggering bimbo with him seemed to be equally drunk, or incapacitated by some other substance. Look at her laughing openly on camera as the expense fuelled journo launches his attack.
    01-11-12 04:34 PM
    TBH, I feel the brits take their national sarcasm way too seriously. If you watch the entire interview this guy had the very British arrogance and disdain for everything not just Blackberry. It was as if he was there to show the former colonials their true status.

I know you are a Brit, so no offence, but the coolest people I have met are Americans. They are polite and understanding.

I wouldn't say the same for the British or us Indians. We have been trained by the brits and even us Indians are guilty of dismissing everyone except for ourselves. Its a British trait and one which has been absorbed by us Indians to the T.
    And this guy showed the worst of that attitude. I mean seriously, he went in drunk as a pole and with an intention to show people down. It wasn't just Blackberry, he would have done the same (and he did earlier) with any other company. I feel his contempt for North America was very visible. If only he could hold his liquor.
    As a Brit, sorry a Scot, I agree he was an embarrassment to the UK and like I said earlier I don't know how these two got to be in front of a camera...
    01-11-12 05:32 PM
    The Brit sounds ignorant.
    Silly Red Coats
    01-12-12 10:36 AM
    Apparently Jordan Crook still doesn't think she and the brit were out of line. Attached is my twitter back and forth with her.
    01-12-12 11:36 AM
    what pompus @$$es. unbelievable. they were arrogant, condescending, ignorant, and embarrassing throughout. its hard to believe the vendors even gave them the time of day.

not just RIM but all vendors. wow.
    01-12-12 12:31 PM
    The RIM interview was blatantly disrespectful.

I believe this is the 4th or 5th interview of any type where I thought Techcrunch did a horrible job or just plain rude and disrespectful.
    01-12-12 02:35 PM
    That was just garbage. Straight up - anyway you look at it.
    01-12-12 02:55 PM
    It was embarassing and I agree that Alex handled it well - I really felt bad for him. They asked questions but really had zero interest in listening to anything Alex had to say. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the whole intention of this "interview" was an attempt to make RIM look foolish. Fortunately, Alex handled it like a professional.
    01-12-12 02:58 PM
    It was extremely unprofessional and distasteful. BUT...

The "interviewer" ask one question that matters. The real problem with the interview was the lack of a good answer. The question was what does RIM have that's new. The answer was essentially email on the PB. It is impossible to make email sound new and interesting no matter how many refinements it has. He also got caught up trying to describe the unified inbox. The "interviewers" basically said that was just like WP7. I would add that it is even more like WebOS synergy. The RIM rep admitted that everyone had a version of it, but it was new to RIM.

The behavior of the interviewers was quite atrocious. But we should not obscure the real issue. When RIM is faced with the simple question of what do you have new to show us, they didn't have an answer, somewhat justifying the prejudice that people have towards them. The way to beat prejudice is to prove it wrong, not live down to the worst stereotypes.
    01-12-12 03:36 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD